PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo
Carrier: Sprint

teon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
your kidding right? come on man... you gotta at least try... i take hours to type all this stuff up & even highlight it in red???
re-read your post & hopefully you'll have a V8 moment
*edit*
OK in sense a little tougher, but... in the last 3 pages I have it in 3 posts... settings, other
Thanks a lot for your help.
I did looked into settings but I did not try "other"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post
please do tell... i'm hesitant to upgrade myself... I'm running Energy.RHODCDMA.21680.Sense2.5.Sep.29 standard with CHT 1.8.5 installed. Pretty good setup speed/battery/stability.

I like CHT 2, but did not want to deal the the answering issue that I was having and random restarts that i had experienced.

what kinda of problems are you experiencing? I was gonna flash today.

thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
why what happenned?
It was nothing major, I was experiencing a little stability issues and it took me a while to figure out what it was. It was the Sense Start Menu. It is different & I like how it looks but it caused alot of things to act weird for me and some simple tasks were impossible to do lol. I just did a hard reset & stuck to CSM. Everything is fine & normal now
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:34 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
your kidding right? come on man... you gotta at least try... i take hours to type all this stuff up & even highlight it in red???
re-read your post & hopefully you'll have a V8 moment
*edit*
OK in sense a little tougher, but... in the last 3 pages I have it in 3 posts... settings, other
Teradog, glad you're still around answering these ridiculously repetitive questions! I'm watching over you boys and girls but not feeling the need to post much these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
haha.. Ya my rep did double in about 2 hours.. Funny.. So I gave the cookie2.0 a try again and it's just too much stuff to change but most imporantly is slow and sluggish.. I flashed the 6.5.x Classic cookie 1.8.5 and holly molly I am in love.. I seriously think NRG cooked that one for himself.. Seriously smooth and clean.. It is now (after months of flashing) my newest fallback ROM.. I am not even sure I'll be flashing for a while because of that..
My experience with 21680.Cookie2.Oct7 is vastly different. This ROM flies! Nothing slow and sluggish and the customization isn't difficult once you go through all the options. It may be intimidating initially but it offers greater flexibility. I'm even sticking with the regular Start menu despite being a RAM hog. I reboot every other day to clear things out.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Teradog, glad you're still around answering these ridiculously repetitive questions! I'm watching over you boys and girls but not feeling the need to post much these days...

My experience with 21680.Cookie2.Oct7 is vastly different. This ROM flies! Nothing slow and sluggish and the customization isn't difficult once you go through all the options. It may be intimidating initially but it offers greater flexibility. I'm even sticking with the regular Start menu despite being a RAM hog. I reboot every other day to clear things out.
hehe... you've still got the best rep to post ratio I've ever seen!! :>))

I'm having a doi moment right now with cookie 2... ahhh .. looking for the new slider...
*edit* doi.. menu, CHTeditor, Softkeys, Enable CHT softkeys (on)
(offers much more screen real estate imo)
*edit*... now that this RAM issue has come full circle & things are awesome... AND I've finally got tethering & sound working on the same SD/Android build WITH all my music & Windows stuff on it (no need to change SD cards..) I'm going to try & go on vaca from here for a while...

Last edited by teradog; 10-08-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:02 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

NRG Twitter Energy (NRGZ2 on Twitter: He liked this post..
xda-developers - View Single Post - |MULTI LANG|RHO|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-Energy-.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018
Sound familiar? If not read the last 5 pages & highlights in red... HA!:

"A lot of people seem to be confused about the new ROMs, so I decided to post answers to the most common questions (although they had already been answered separately), so that all can be found in one place.

1- "I cannot open the new zipped file", or "the downloaded files seem to be corrupted".

Solution: Download and install the BETA version of 7-zip at 7-Zip

2- "What is the Classic ROM?"

Answer: The last batch of Cookie ROMs came with Cookie version 2. Although it has additional functionality, some people (including NRGZ) were under the impression that it consumed more battery. So, NRGZ now makes available two "flavors" of Cookie ROMs: with Cookie version 2, and with Cookie version 1.8.5 - this one he called Classic.

3- "What are the new options of Start Menu replacement?"

Answer: NRGZ posted the explanation here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=27076
My suggestion is: try them, and choose the one you prefer. There is no magical solution: either you pay a price in available ROM, or you pay a price in look and feel.

One more thing: PLEASE STOP ASKING FOR A CHANGELOG. NRGZ usually posts it first on the HD2 (Leo) thread. If it is not there, there isn't a changelog YET. Either flash the ROM and see for yourself, or wait. Patience is a virtue
"

nuff said...
by the way... i don't feel cookie 2 uses more battery... imo

Last edited by teradog; 10-08-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
One more thing: PLEASE STOP ASKING FOR A CHANGELOG. NRGZ usually posts it first on the HD2 (Leo) thread. If it is not there, there isn't a changelog YET. Either flash the ROM and see for yourself, or wait. Patience is a virtue "
I couldnt agree with this statement more. Not that it shouldnt be posted but constantly asking for it wont make NRG post it any faster, only irritate him.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

is there a reg key or cab that will stop auto-rotation of the music and photo tabs? thanks.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

FoSsiL is a n00b

hey, im using the Energy.RHODCDMA.21680.Sense2.5.Cookie.Classic.Oct. 07 build and i notice when in panel mode in settings the icon does not match with the shortcuts. example, memory and about icon is missed match and so are more icons in there. also im not sure if the layout of the setting window is correct or not, but panel mode have their icon listed on 2 columns only and was thinking, isnt it suppose to be 3 columns. also one more think in setting windows is that once entered, there seem to be a gap in the window between the tab menu at the bottom.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2

udayse is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
If your wifi doesn't work/keeps disconnecting...

PROVISION YOUR CARRIER!!! start, settings, tools (folder), carrier provisioning
.... most likely... just did it myself this morning....in this post... was PO'd that I forgot :>))
Thank you for the response. I really appreciate it. Will try it when i get home.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Hello, I have been looking for an explanation of carrier provisioning, and I can't find any. Just links on how to do it, but not what it is. Anybody knows of a page where it is explained? Thank you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development