PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

GuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

Thanks (and thanked) Friedmjb

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Flashed
* 10/20 .sencity 2.0 Cookie 21682
* Set initial PP to 0
* Initial free memory = 58 MB free
* Changed to CSM = 84 MB free
* After provisioning phone to Verizon, until I pressed the screen, it still told me "Launching HTC Sense"

I'll keep updating as I install programs / configure. I wish I had some way to quantitatively providing updates on improved performance. I also wish for faster startup / reboot times.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Flashed
* Set initial PP to 0
* After provisioning phone to Verizon, until I pressed the screen, it still told me "Launching HTC Sense"
* in Settings > Connections, there are two entries for the same thing: Location Services and Location Settings
* Removed most tabs except messages, mail, weather and settings = 90 MB free
* What in the heck is that new default ringtone? I usually have on vibrate, so it may have changed in previous builds, but sounds pretty commercial.

I'll keep updating as I install programs / configure. I wish I had some way to quantitatively providing updates on improved performance. I also wish for faster startup / reboot times.
I am flashing the new rom now but on the 10/14 release I had the same thing happen to me with the ringtone, HAHA. I usually have it on vibrate, but when my phone rang yesterday and I was confused... very confused.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:13 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Flashed
* Set initial PP to 0
* in Settings > Connections, there are two entries for the same thing: Location Services and Location Settings
* Removed most tabs except messages, mail, weather and settings = 90 MB free
* What in the heck is that new default ringtone? I usually have on vibrate, so it may have changed in previous builds, but sounds pretty commercial.

I'll keep updating as I install programs / configure. I wish I had some way to quantitatively providing updates on improved performance. I also wish for faster startup / reboot times

Thanks/d, bout time we got an update! From the one voted "best humor on NRG thread" no less!! :>))

DOES IT FLY? (or isn't sense up yet?) A few pages back I found unchecking sense (settings, personal, home, >> items) BEFORE restoring backups/Cookie import, etc.. THEN the last thing, check sense again... Never had one glitch... (usually always did)

If still no sense, goto my howto link & just at least try one of the home screen menus I put links to Either easy or iphone.. you'll have over 100 MB of RAM, iphone (don't worry about the stupid name..) comes more complete & ready to run. Just DL, install cab & then check it in "settings-home"... Easy doesn't come with preloaded icons, but simply tap & hold the screen to add them.

Re. faster startup... advanced config, turn off all startup animation, del screens, sounds... then try either of the other 2 home menus (not sense)... "EASY" FLIES!!

DOES IT FLY?!! (682 & zero pp?!!!)

Last edited by teradog; 10-20-2010 at 12:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
DOES IT FLY? (or isn't sense up yet?)
Yep - it runs. As for flying, I really have nothing by which to judge speed comparatively. I simply cannot tell. It's like upgrading from a 386 CPU to an i7, and being asked if minesweeper is any faster.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the new ROMs dont look like the NK is patched , it is slower than 21681 ,any way lets wait for NRG's Change log,it should be mentioned there if it is patched.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

This twit may be his changelog:"NRG: there's a few updates to sencity and touch of glass roms and of course 21682 "
Slower? Bummer... still real interested in Fried's pp of zero with all that RAM!!
(NK fix & C2 (Cookie 2 final) needed to flash again for me...)

...also anyone else (besides pcmanager) tried any of the other sense replacements?? If so, getting 120MB RAM? Fast?
*HOW TO! Step VII... (need cabs? Step VIII)
120 MB of RAM? Use a startmenu replacement above AND a sense replacement:
**HOW? Uncheck Sense: Start(winkey), Settings, Home (sometimes under personal), >> Items, Uncheck Sense (then check a preinstalled menu you want or, check "Windows Default", or leave blank & use a preset / preinstalled "startmenu" above which will also allow you to select all your programs & settings via the hard or soft winkey.
4 Phone Menus
(Sense Replacements save RAM!) right here : ~takes me seconds to jump between 4 different home menus, all very small footprint (except Sense/Cookie)
settings, home (or personal then home), >> items, Check the one you want below
1. Cookie + Sense- download & burn a cookie ROM will have Sense ck'd by default
2. Titanium,
Simply check "Windows default" (on the same ROM you're on)
3. iphone today (ignore the horrible name :>)) DL, install then select ck box
4. Easy today: DL, install then select ck box

Last edited by teradog; 10-20-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

21682.Sense2.5.Cookit.sencity.oct20 running very nicely. No issues so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (7.6 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lovingHDTV; 10-20-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

According to NRG on Twitter, Swype is no longer available in his ROMs over on XDA (Except the Leo)

So I had to ask about us on PPCG!!

DatBoiDame
@NRGZ28 What about the CDMA Rhodium over at PPCG? Still will have Swype?

NRGZ28
@DatBoiDame not sure what ppcgeeks's stance is on that.. but I think it's similar

EDIT: Either way it doesnt matter because Swype is cab'd up in the addons folder & NRG says just drop it in the XDA_UC folder
Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
N00b

GuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

teradog...

You’ve become an encyclopedia of Energy Hot Tips!
Thanks for all your effort!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:33 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Changelog
October 20th, 2010
21862 build, latest 6.5.X available !

• Graphics updates to "Touch of Glass" theme by DJC
  • Graphics updates and fixes to ".sencity" by me
  • Slot 0 modules not relocated in the kitchen, to improve virtual memory handling (less unexpected freezes)
  • Long-press endkey package that allows locking the phone, cooked back in (not applicable on the HD2)
  • Email application handling by virtual memory driver for the HD2 modified for more stability.

Last edited by teradog; 10-20-2010 at 03:36 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development