PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Could use some help!
I am on Titanium 29022 July 6th using Teradog's Dreamphone II configuration with IPhoneToday on Sprint TP2. I have been using this for the past 3 ROMS with great success. I always Task29. This time I am having a specific problem, Everytime I open SMS/MMS within a few keystrokes the phone freezes. This happens even if I turn IPhone Today off and am on just Titanium. I did note that right after flashing when I went into messages it took a long time to load my 230 messages that were backed up. I deleted all saved messages and I still have the freezing problem. I even tried the Sprint provisioning although I have never needed to do this before. Any suggestions from the community? Should I consider wiping and formatting my fast 8gb storage card? Bad flash?
Old 07-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

do you have the outlook configured to save attachments to sd card (for email)?

If so, I would format the sd card and try again.

Then if that doesn't work, try flashing again.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I gotta run, but,
"I went into messages it took a long time to load my 230 messages that were backed up."

Hope those aren't text messages! If so, that's your issue. FYI, known issue on sms lots of message, don't think it's rom related...

How long did you wait for phone to unfreeze? I'll bet it comes back, set it down, wait a min & see. Don't think it's at all related to our setup.

I've always had issues with tons of messages (text) and usually have 4-5 emails setup. But, in the email settings I have most setup for only 3 days, headers only on a couple & my main one, I have it set no more than 5-7 days (something like that)

tons more on this, but gotta run, start with that, but I'd cut your messages!!

In fact, using PIM backup, on your restore if you double click the email accounts, you can get a double >> arrow, which allows you to unselect sent items, etc..

after you task 29 & reflash only restore the accounts, uncheck the inbox, sent, etc.. see if you have the issue, you can always bring the rest back later

see ya
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
do you have the outlook configured to save attachments to sd card (for email)?

If so, I would format the sd card and try again.

Then if that doesn't work, try flashing again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
I gotta run, but,
"I went into messages it took a long time to load my 230 messages that were backed up."

Hope those aren't text messages! If so, that's your issue. FYI, known issue on sms lots of message, don't think it's rom related...

How long did you wait for phone to unfreeze? I'll bet it comes back, set it down, wait a min & see. Don't think it's at all related to our setup.

I've always had issues with tons of messages (text) and usually have 4-5 emails setup. But, in the email settings I have most setup for only 3 days, headers only on a couple & my main one, I have it set no more than 5-7 days (something like that)

tons more on this, but gotta run, start with that, but I'd cut your messages!!

In fact, using PIM backup, on your restore if you double click the email accounts, you can get a double >> arrow, which allows you to unselect sent items, etc..

after you task 29 & reflash only restore the accounts, uncheck the inbox, sent, etc.. see if you have the issue, you can always bring the rest back later

see ya
Thanks/d guys!
Card would not format from device, said it was damaged. But, I did format from PC without a problem. Those were text messages, but, most in deleted folder. I was still having the same problem after fully deleting all. I have no email accounts on the phone.
After formatting and reflashing without bringing back any texts, all seems fine so far.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

eruisi is just getting started

I couldn't install any Chinese font on top of the July 6th Titanium ROM. I tried sunglobe, simsun, etc, none of them work. I could do it before July 4th versions though. Any change may cause this issue?

BTW: where can I find a previous version of Titanium ROM?

Thanks

Last edited by eruisi; 07-09-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruisi View Post
I couldn't install any Chinese font on top of the July 6th Titanium ROM. I tried sunglobe, simsun, etc, none of them work. I could do it before July 4th versions though. Any change may cause this issue?

BTW: where can I find a previous version of Titanium ROM?
Just curious, the wiki mentions to install the stock fonts cab if anyone has any font issues with installing extra fonts and/or font changing apps. Check the wiki out and let us know if that makes a difference so we can confirm...

Teradog (and others) keeps a nice collection of prior titanium ROMs. I'm sure one of them is willing to post a private download link for you somewhere if you still need one.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint/boost

biga1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 2| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by spambusterdave View Post
Yup! Just saw it about an hour ago and have 29022 installed (I always run the bleeding edge ) and everything restored and running like a champ! WinMoSpeed running at 768 and I'm telling you this thing is the snappiest it's ever been, I'm loving it!

(Thanks sent for the pointer )
Hi,
looking for Energy MaxSense 29022 file. Saw posts that it was up but can't find now.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

eruisi is just getting started

I could easily display Chinese chars by just installing <font>.cab on previous Energy Titanium ROM. Only the latest July 6 version failed to display Chinese chars.

Yes, if anyone can send me private link of a previous build, I would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks
Old 07-09-2011, 03:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruisi View Post
I could easily display Chinese chars by just installing <font>.cab on previous Energy Titanium ROM. Only the latest July 6 version failed to display Chinese chars.

Yes, if anyone can send me private link of a previous build, I would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks
I've got the 29020 ROM ... just PM me if you want it and I'll upload it for you.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Titanium 29022 Jul 2nd on my Dropbox account:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25712539/Ene...nium.Jul.02.7z

Maxsense 29022 Jul 2nd on my Dropbox account:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25712539/Ene...ense.Jul.02.7z

Both are uploading now and should be complete in next 10 minutes.

Thanks.
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development