PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysarnold View Post
yo this ngrz28 guy is a peice of work. no dissrepect to him but the aug 6th cookie rom worked great, but he said the aug 10 was no longer bata so i download with hopes of a even better rom. to my surprise, it was very glitchy and didn't work well so i went to twiter to tell him. that he should make a arcive of old roms incase he screws up a rom like he did the aug 10 release then i would be able to revert back to the rom that worked and let me tell you that this is not my first time being very dissapointed by a rom he released. i use to use the maxsense rom untill he turned it into that andriod crap. dude if want android i would go out a buy a droid phone. i like the way you could side the screen down on the home page and got all the option on the maxsense before this droid crap. i told him on tweeter that he should build a rom till its peek performance and then leave it alone. in my opinon you can never have to may versions of your rom. so because i tryed to give some constuctive crit. on tweeter he blocked me. i said nothing that he should have made him do that, ngrz28, can you handel people telling you that you messed up? i think you should unblock me on twitter. i have been a loyal user from the start. and its not fair that you block me for such pettie crap.
Its real simple. If he kept a lot of old archives on his download site, people would be complaining that there are too many to choose from and asking a million questions about which one to DL.

I keep the files I download in an Archive file on my own computer and keep the ones I like and delete the ones I don't. So, unless you have like a 4 gig hard drive, it might be easier for YOU to save the ones you like and delete the ones that don't work well for you.

I'm pretty happy that he updates regularly.

David
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
2 questions

1. Is there a way to get a confirmation to delete window or pop up when deleting emails?

2. There was a setting area where u could change the 'reading' zoom verses 'writing' soom i.e. u could change them from 100 to 200% but i cannot for the life of me find where this setting is located. anyhelp?
#1 was answered just above me.
#2........... I'm assuming you want to zoom in opera?????? And if you are, the 100 to 200 is in the opera 10, not in 9.7. If you really want to change those settings, go to your browser then type in opera:config. Then scroll down to where you see zoom settings.
EDIT: to avoid any confusion, when you type in opera:config, make sure you don't have any http crap in front of it. JUST THOSE two words separated by :
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
With new builds every 4-5 days, I never know when to update. I dont have time to update to every new build (even using XDA_UAC, etc.).

I almost wish NRG would delineate a "stable" or "RC1" type build every month or so. In other words, once you have a build that is current with no major bugs or serious flaws and it seems to be pretty smooth, designate it as "stable" (like a RC1 build or something). Otherwise, we have no way to know if the build we happen to d/l when we have time to check the thread is the best option or not. You may flash to a build then see 5 posts the next day that it has major issues. If I download and flash then see a day later that a new build fixes major bugs its a pain in the ass. I'd rather have an older version of sense, apps, etc. if it means I know its rock solid stable and has no major issues.

We love the constant work and updates, but for those that cant follow the thread daily its hard to decide which is the best build to stick with if you cant be flashing constantly. Just a thought/suggestion.

Keep up the great work!
For the most part, the "stable" ROM's are going to be the 21xxx ROM's and the more cutting edge are going to be the 23xxx. If you want stability, stick with the ROM's that begin with 21

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:59 AM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysarnold View Post
yo this ngrz28 guy is a peice of work. no dissrepect to him but the aug 6th cookie rom worked great, but he said the aug 10 was no longer bata so i download with hopes of a even better rom. to my surprise, it was very glitchy and didn't work well so i went to twiter to tell him. that he should make a arcive of old roms incase he screws up a rom like he did the aug 10 release then i would be able to revert back to the rom that worked and let me tell you that this is not my first time being very dissapointed by a rom he released. i use to use the maxsense rom untill he turned it into that andriod crap. dude if want android i would go out a buy a droid phone. i like the way you could side the screen down on the home page and got all the option on the maxsense before this droid crap. i told him on tweeter that he should build a rom till its peek performance and then leave it alone. in my opinon you can never have to may versions of your rom. so because i tryed to give some constuctive crit. on tweeter he blocked me. i said nothing that he should have made him do that, ngrz28, can you handel people telling you that you messed up? i think you should unblock me on twitter. i have been a loyal user from the start. and its not fair that you block me for such pettie crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
This guys a clown but he sort of has a point.
I don't see the point.

I think I speak for many of us here when I say reading crap like this really pisses me off. These ROMs for me have been generally VERY Stable and in the few instances that there are ROM specific problems, NOT USER specific, NRG re-releases or uploads a hotfix. The last few ROMs haven't given me any problems worth commenting about.

@jaysarnold Are you saving your ROMs on a 512mb SD card or something?
How hard is it to keep copies of the ROMs you like?

My laptop has a 500GB hardrive so I don't see any reason to ask a man that may make 50+ ROMs per release to keep them all uploaded for me.

*Edit* Dave, you are fast. TY

Last edited by mp1; 08-14-2010 at 12:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 11| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella17 View Post
This can be use when a flash with activesync?
Yes. Before you flash, extract all the contents of the rom into a location. Run the pagepool changing program then find the .nbh file from the files you just extracted. Change to whatever you want from 0 to 64 if i remember correctly, then flash as usual.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
For the most part, the "stable" ROM's are going to be the 21xxx ROM's and the more cutting edge are going to be the 23xxx. If you want stability, stick with the ROM's that begin with 21

David
Dave,
why don't you, for every month, post something that tells those casual users which are the most stable roms out of each month. I'm sure this will end this on-going debate what NRG should do and how much users complain.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Okay.. I added CityID to the kitchen for the next release. Let me know how it works for ya...
See SMALL things does matter...LMAO, flashing now!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

the latest and greatest rom is running great!! battery life could be better but could be my overclock lol

Old 08-14-2010, 12:57 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Im on Cricket and have used NRGZ roms on my old Touch Pro and flashed every new new update, but the only thing i couldnt get to function was mms. Now i use a Touch Pro 2 and when i got it back in late Nov. i tried to flash the latest NRG rom and to my dismay i couldnt get the setting for data to stick or save like they did on my Touch pro even tho the setup was identical. So ive been using another chefs rom and then I decided to try NRGZ CHT Dinik Glass rom and just see if if the data settings would hold now and now the new data settings save and for the first time i also have a fully functioning MMS on Cricket with an HTC device and ive never got that to work, ever and now its reliable and the rom seems pretty stable. I did have to lowert the page pool to 16, then i tried 12 and i like the pagepool set at 12. The data,phone,mms,sms,wifi,and everyother function works great and the device now has decent memory with the pagepool sety to 12, instead of the default of 20. But i cant wait to try the new Aug 13 release of the new WM6.5.X CHT Dinik Glass rom on the new 2018 sense. Ill flash it later today or tomorrow and let everyone know my opinion, but so far NRG has been one of my favorite rom chefs for a cpl years and his last cpl releases, although not perfect, are great roms and i have nothing bad to say about either and with each new release they seem to get better. So ill keep flashing updates as long as they keep coming out, and as long as my MMS stays functioning. This is the first time ive ever got MMS to work on a Cricket flashed HTC device and i think its great that i just setup data and mms manually and both data and mms work exceptionally now. Keep up the great work NRG and thank you. Ive always wanted a functioning MMS and now that NRG roms work with Cricket mms also works now. Thanks again.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Okay.. I added CityID to the kitchen for the next release. Let me know how it works for ya...
See SMALL things does matter...LMAO, flashing now!
i totally miss the state id part of the update. so does that mean i can see which state the caller is calling me from again?????? say it ain't so......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development