PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 11:38 PM
AB_
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

AB_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Anybody have any suggestion as to why my phone isn't working?

I sent a text successfully and got a reply.

I drive down the road to a place where my phone usually works (not making any changes), but I can't make a phone call or send a text.

I can't receive phone calls either.

I've reset the phone and it's still the same.

Last edited by AB_; 05-12-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Google Nexus by Verizon

JDwg78 is a n00b
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

So about the battery issue and Opera, I found this thread on XDA forums and I am wondering if it has to do with the fact that NRG enabled Internet Push with this release. Read up on it. I'm going to install the cab file that disables Internet Push which apparently goes out and loads your favorites every hour and keeps opera open all the time. Read up...maybe this is at least part of our battery problem. I'll post tomorrow and let you all know if it made a difference on battery usage.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:58 PM
AB_
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

AB_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodwink1 View Post
FM radio does not work on sprint tp2? Or I am missing anything?
It doesn't. Our devices don't have the right hardware to do so.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty1978 View Post
give it a few days to get used to the batt. other than that i suggest you do a search, there are lots of batt saving cabs on here and shoudnt be to hard to find one that will work for you, just be careful some of them might mess up your bluetooth but even with that i think there is a fix if it does.... good luck with your search
Couple if things you can do. 1st, when your battery goes to green light, unplug it and plug it back in. Another is to change the battery polling interval to atleast 10000. Run the phone for about 3 days for the phone to register actual battery usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobz View Post
seriously...does anyone use the mobile office suite? i've even got an equivalent office suite on my work phone and i don't use it.

sure it'll be nice to have for that one day i'm stuck in a subway and i'll need to download that excel report and email it bac...oh wait, no signal in the subway...

what i am more interested in is the new bing build with turn by turn nav.
I do. Excel & word. Occassionally onenote

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodwink1 View Post
FM radio does not work on sprint tp2? Or I am missing anything?
HUmm it's cdma... nough said lol.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TITAN, RHODIUM
Carrier: VZW, Sprint

princeofppc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2307 View Post
I am having the same issue in regards to the battery... something is fishy..i really do not want to criticize this "Master of a cook" but a couple ROMs ago, everything was fine..a battery would last me all day....but now.....i last me maybe half day...but sometimes not even that..so now i have to carry a spare that is no longer called my "spare"...it is called my afternoon battery..LOL

I don't now what is wrong..thank GOD I am not the only one!!!

JP

maybe disabling push internet will help
Old 05-13-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

JDwg78 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofppc View Post
maybe disabling push internet will help
Well so far, I soft reset the phone before installing the disabling push internet cab file and my free/available memory/RAM was at 39MB.

I installed the Disabling push internet cab file then did a soft reset.

I checked again and now my free/available memory/RAM is 68MB.

Good sign there....now we'll see what impact it has on the battery.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkennedy View Post
So about the battery issue and Opera, I found this thread on XDA forums and I am wondering if it has to do with the fact that NRG enabled Internet Push with this release. Read up on it. I'm going to install the cab file that disables Internet Push which apparently goes out and loads your favorites every hour and keeps opera open all the time. Read up...maybe this is at least part of our battery problem. I'll post tomorrow and let you all know if it made a difference on battery usage.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

Thanks. Here's your first 5 Rep points.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Merge
Carrier: US Cellular

spacious is keeping up the good workspacious is keeping up the good work

Push-opera is a battery drain, but people want the "cool" thumbnails on the sense internet tab. Can't have it both ways.
There's also a lot of other "automatic" internet updating turned on by default - weather, facebook, twitter, e-mail - these all use lots of battery, and RAM too.
Turning off or reducing the frequency of any or all of these will improve battery life and RAM usage as well.
A stock ROM with these features active has even worse battery life in my experience.
We all want TONS of cutting edge features with minimal battery drain and RAM usage, but it just isn't going to happen.
Energyz is a ROM chef, not some sort of magician. You still have the same battery and the same amount of RAM, in fact that and the radio are the only things that haven't changed.
My battery lasts a few days if I need it to now that I disabled most of the auto-internet and stopped playing with it all the time, without any "battery saver" cabs.
In fact I seem to get better battery life every day as the new-ROM effect wears off and my phone gets "normal" everyday usage.

A quick search (ppcgeeks, xda-dev, www) will find a wealth of tips and tricks about when and how often to charge or not charge a Li-ion battery.

Thanks Energyz.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

vga_jnl is a n00b

Greetings...
I have just re-flashed using the April 23 Release for Max Manila 25.
Loved it...
Just having a problem accessing / syncing with company's Outlook Exchange Server...
When I try to set up Outlook to sync with my Exchange 2007 server I get the Support Code:0x80072F0D message. I downloaded the certificate to the device and installed it successfully and continue to receive the same message. I also verified under settings certificate, that the certificate is installed..

Please help
Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

JDwg78 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vga_jnl View Post
Greetings...
I have just re-flashed using the April 23 Release for Max Manila 25.
Loved it...
Just having a problem accessing / syncing with company's Outlook Exchange Server...
When I try to set up Outlook to sync with my Exchange 2007 server I get the Support Code:0x80072F0D message. I downloaded the certificate to the device and installed it successfully and continue to receive the same message. I also verified under settings certificate, that the certificate is installed..

Please help
I don't know if it will help but as soon as I had OWA problems I ran Task29 flash, then re-ROMd and had no ActiveSync/OWA problems. Might want to give it a go? Also, I guess I should ask....was it ever working? I had cert problems at one place I worked and they just never had it working to begin with.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development