PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Current triggers for "Punch Rom" are

1) What to do with or what is a .nbh
2) What to do with or what is a .7z
3) What are the Sprint MMS settings/How do I get MMS working for Sprint

First one to reply with "Punch Rom" gets the Thanks from everyone else...

If you guys want to add battery to it... we need to define it a little more clear... ie- when someone wants to know how to "fix" battery issues, or complaining about the battery, or just flat out the word "battery", or everytime adam1 post (because it would definately have the word battery) JUST KIDDING!!!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!

Last edited by Riptide9; 03-11-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Need a little help - just got a win 7 Pro laptop at work and seem to be having major problems "activesyncing/WMD Center" to recognize my device for flashing. I have attempted to download WMD Center and it dies before it completely installs. The driver installations also do not complete successfully. Any ideas?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:18 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimar814 View Post
open opera select tools /settings ,in there turn opera link on. then creat username password first time.that will keep your favorites syn.
Opera link is handy. You can visit their website and copy paste your favorites in so they are there everytime you flash and log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJLee View Post
i'm still running a build about 3 releases back and have pretty good battery life. If this new rom is causing fast battery drain i'll pass. Anyone know why there is a difference in the latest 2 roms?
The battery life is as good as his previous roms. There are tweaks you can apply to improve it, too. Such as Ninja Duck's power settings, and lumos.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 PM
VIP Member

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashabrown View Post
Need a little help - just got a win 7 Pro laptop at work and seem to be having major problems "activesyncing/WMD Center" to recognize my device for flashing. I have attempted to download WMD Center and it dies before it completely installs. The driver installations also do not complete successfully. Any ideas?
You shouldn't need to download anything on Windows7 like you did on vista. I run Windows7 and WMDC is already installed. Plug the phone in via usb and make sure your phone is set to activesync and it should ask to setup up your device.

Here is the link for WMDC if you need to dl it manually (take note to what version you need, 32bit or 64bit)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx

Are you setting it up with the stock or custom rom (If stock I wonder if the version might cause an issue, it says that it only works with certain phone os's... maybe go back to stock rom to do the initial WMDC setup)

Last edited by Riptide9; 03-11-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
You shouldn't need to download anything on Windows7 like you did on vista. I run Windows7 and WMDC is already installed. Plug the phone in via usb and make sure your phone is set to activesync and it should ask to setup up your device.

Here is the link for WMDC if you need to dl it manually (take note to what version you need, 32bit or 64bit)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx

Are you setting it up with the stock or custom rom (If stock I wonder if the version might cause an issue, it says that it only works with certain phone os's... maybe go back to stock rom to do the initial WMDC setup)
Tried everything you mentioned above, however, I would like to try your last suggestion of flashing back to stock to install WMDC, but I do not have the .nbh actual file (just an executable) from the MR1 update. Would anyone have that or know a place to download it?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Re: Battery Drainage Anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by killac93 View Post
This is my first Energy rom flash. Decided to try it out to see how I liked it. I actually think it's cool for the most part. Only issue I'm having is that it's draining my battery like crazy. Is anyone else having this issue? Also I see a lot of post about Sprint TV cabs. You guys might want to try out Slingbox, it's way better than what Sprint has to offer. Just a suggestion
Also, if you are already using SlingBox, but have issues with the sling player in the 6.5.5 builds not displaying correctly, Sling Media released a new windows mobile player in the last month or so that works correctly with 6.5.5. I was avoiding 6.5.5 because of how is messed up Sling Player, but now I'm back on 6.5.5 and loving it.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just run the executable.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:59 PM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashabrown View Post
Tried everything you mentioned above, however, I would like to try your last suggestion of flashing back to stock to install WMDC, but I do not have the .nbh actual file (just an executable) from the MR1 update. Would anyone have that or know a place to download it?
Here you go:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940

You can use WinRar (www.rarlabs.com) to open the EXE and unpack the NBH.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
Current triggers for "Punch Rom" are

If you guys want to add battery to it... we need to define it a little more clear... ie- when someone wants to know how to "fix" battery issues, or complaining about the battery, or just flat out the word "battery", or everytime adam1 post (because it would definately have the word battery) JUST KIDDING!!!
I think the standard should relate to how likely it is they could have found the answer using a thread search, since I think that's what sets some people off. If it's a detailed battery question, no Punch ROM. If it's "Geez, anyone notice the battery life sucks on this?", then punch away!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
VIP Member

OK so the updated rules for Punch Rom are:

4) A useless post about battery life (has no valid question asking for a fix, or helpfull info offering help, just a boring statement proving they haven't taken the time to read any post at all)

Start hitting refresh!! Game on!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development