PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkappeli View Post
After seeing some peoples success with 768 on OC ive tried but get instant lockups. Have to pull the SD card and then i get in agani after a soft reset. I reflashed and installed my standard cabs... Verizon key fix, gfxboost 1.2, maxx134 battery, nuebattery, cleanram, verizon wireless sync, pandora, slacker, opera 10. Also, im interested in knowing if any of you go ahead into Advanced Configuration and tweak the performance settings. I usually change the AUTO file system cache size to 2mb, enable the file system filter cache to 4096 sectors, and set the Glyph cache to 64kb. Is this a similar setup any of you use? Also what exactley is the Throttle speed and what should I set that at.. Same thing for polling.. Basically what are the optimal settings everyone is using?
Go to the "application data" folder on yuor storage card and delete the "HTC" folder and soft reset. The folder will recreate itself when the phone reboots.

The key in your statement was that you said the phone will reset if you remove the storage card.

Hope that helps.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
It actually does autoprovision, however, the option to do so manually is available. I always do a manual provision just to make sure.

I'm going to reflash today and I'll let it autoprov just to make sure.

David
Thanks for that, question though. When i try to enter into fields with the hardware keyboard, i can only use the letters and arrows. I suddenly lose capability to use the FN, CAPS, Symbol, etc. it works when i'm not typing into fields like if I am still in sense and slide out the keyboard, i see the indicators light up for Caps Lock or FN...is this a known issue? i really need it for example when texting i cant use punctuation or when typing in web addresses i can't use use back slashes...
Old 08-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Thanks for that, question though. When i try to enter into fields with the hardware keyboard, i can only use the letters and arrows. I suddenly lose capability to use the FN, CAPS, Symbol, etc. it works when i'm not typing into fields like if I am still in sense and slide out the keyboard, i see the indicators light up for Caps Lock or FN...is this a known issue? i really need it for example when texting i cant use punctuation or when typing in web addresses i can't use use back slashes...
Click on the link in my sig line for the downloads and cabs page. You'll find a cab called the verizon keyboard fix. Thats one of the things that does not autoprovision. I have to do the sprint fix on my phone.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Click on the link in my sig line for the downloads and cabs page. You'll find a cab called the verizon keyboard fix. Thats one of the things that does not autoprovision. I have to do the sprint fix on my phone.

David
It does work after autoprovisioning for me but it stops working right after manual carrier provisioning... WEIRD! I then have to install the Verizon keyboard fix cab
Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mkappeli is just getting started

Quote:
Go to the "application data" folder on yuor storage card and delete the "HTC" folder and soft reset. The folder will recreate itself when the phone reboots.

The key in your statement was that you said the phone will reset if you remove the storage card.

Hope that helps.

David

I deleted that folder, OCed to 768 and as soon as a text came in. Lock up. Even after soft reset cant get in without removing the SD. Any thoughts behind the other Advanced Config settings? are they even meaningful or best left alone. I reset everything and brought myself just below the 700's and all is good there.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

You guy find a fix for the... NO CITY STATE caller I.D.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mkappeli is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
I wish.... Was on that mission with not much response. Apparently only on NRG roms it doesnt work and it has something to do with a different dialer he uses.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkappeli View Post
I wish.... Was on that mission with not much response. Apparently only on NRG roms it doesnt work and it has something to do with a different dialer he uses.
Yeah... that was 1 of the reasons I stop flashing his ROMs, but don't get me wrong ( I still flash time to time ) he cooks some go ROMs. There are some ROMs out there where city and state works.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
This is the only issue that has confused me since day 1. This is the only custom rom that I know of that doesn't have this feature.
lol on how the most advanced rom still lacking the most basic feature
Old 08-12-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizidi View Post
This is the only issue that has confused me since day 1. This is the only custom rom that I know of that doesn't have this feature.
lol on how the most advanced rom still lacking the most basic feature
Because its not an important feature. Why should NRG waste time cooking in a different dialer for something so small. Its easy for alot of other chefs because they arent making ROMs for several devices... CDMA & GSM devices like NRG does (no offense intended to other chefs at all).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development