PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkappeli View Post
After seeing some peoples success with 768 on OC ive tried but get instant lockups. Have to pull the SD card and then i get in agani after a soft reset. I reflashed and installed my standard cabs... Verizon key fix, gfxboost 1.2, maxx134 battery, nuebattery, cleanram, verizon wireless sync, pandora, slacker, opera 10. Also, im interested in knowing if any of you go ahead into Advanced Configuration and tweak the performance settings. I usually change the AUTO file system cache size to 2mb, enable the file system filter cache to 4096 sectors, and set the Glyph cache to 64kb. Is this a similar setup any of you use? Also what exactley is the Throttle speed and what should I set that at.. Same thing for polling.. Basically what are the optimal settings everyone is using?
i didn't change anything[ when i install the over-clocking app]. i took all the defaults other than the clockspeed. i've had no issues at all. nothing has broken, no SODs, no apps acting wierd, nothing at all. that is, except for a much faster phone!!!

i install a number of transparent screen mods, taskbar, slider, and about 6 applications. in both "Advanced Config" and "BsB Tweaks" i change file caches to very large, turn on optimizations, additional camera modes, enable enhanced sounds.

i hope this helps out,
marvin

marvin

Last edited by ichthus; 08-12-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Ooops, responded too quickly.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dizidi is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Well, to be honest Energy Roms are way more bloated with software than others so I mean it would make us happier if we get the proper dialer than say FM Radio? Don't u think???
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizidi View Post
Well, to be honest Energy Roms are way more bloated with software than others so I mean it would make us happier if we get the proper dialer than say FM Radio? Don't u think???
No offense intended here....but i'm one of the guys who just is grateful to take what NRG throws out and try to fix the little things i don't like/want myself.
I read way back in page 3,4,5,maybe 6 or so that NRG makes these ROMS for himself and is glad to share. asking him to change things for us, the lucky recipients of his generosity, is ok. but to keep bringing it up is not right to me.

that's my opinion, i'm not mad, not trying to flame you, but really, i learned to write mortscript, lua, and how to use gimp so i could resolve my list of issues with NRGz ROMs. i'm still working on it!

marvin's 2c
Old 08-12-2010, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Negative...
The ROM is great & stable & FM Radio? LMAO nah seriously tho, u do have a point. There r alot of programs cooked in but for alot of people they r useful & saves time on installing different cabs because they r right there for u. I think about it like this, a great stable ROM which to my style of using the phone is damn near perfect, I can do without the CITY STATE ID... Dont get me wrong, I love that feature because it is nice!

EDIT: We have no FM Radio because our CDMA phones just dont have the hardware for it, on his Maxsense ROMs there may be a widget there for one but that is only because he makes roms for GSM phones that support and just dont have the time to take it out

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 08-12-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
No offense intended here....but i'm one of the guys who just is grateful to take what NRG throws out and try to fix the little things i don't like/want myself.
I read way back in page 3,4,5,maybe 6 or so that NRG makes these ROMS for himself and is glad to share. asking him to change things for us, the lucky recipients of his generosity, is ok. but to keep bringing it up is not right to me.

that's my opinion, i'm not mad, not trying to flame you, but really, i learned to write mortscript, lua, and how to use gimp so i could resolve my list of issues with NRGz ROMs. i'm still working on it!

marvin's 2c
No offense here also, I was just replying to a previous poster and giving an example that the proper CDMA dialer will be more useful to us CDMA users than the useless FM Radio.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post

marvin's 2c
Well said!!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkappeli View Post
I deleted that folder, OCed to 768 and as soon as a text came in. Lock up. Even after soft reset cant get in without removing the SD. Any thoughts behind the other Advanced Config settings? are they even meaningful or best left alone. I reset everything and brought myself just below the 700's and all is good there.
Sounds like you may have a bad SD card.

David
Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

@DaveTN --- Have you decided which is the better pagepool setting (12 or 16)?? Interested in seeing what you've found.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

iconsoft makes a really cool dialer called PhonEx. It has a 14 or 30 day trial (can't remember) but will replace your default dialer. I used to use it but never got around to reinstalling it. My only beef was that it didn't integrate with the sense quicklinks. It does however have its own similar favorites which work like the quicklinks.

Every once in a while, Iconsoft offers it for free if you "blog" about it and post at least three favorable posts about it - you have to email them the links to the posts and blog entries.

So, if you like everything else about NRG's ROM's, try an alternate dialer and see if that meets your needs.

Also, regarding the bloat programs, NRG makes a "standard" ROM that doesn't have all the "value added" stuff.

And, update to todays flash. I've really settled in well with a page pool of 16 and things are running quite snappy. I've been mostly in the upper 60's for free RAM, so I'm happy.

I'm also inching closer to overclocking but, I like to help out here a lot and if I OC my phone that changes things as far as trying to duplicate problems that others are having. If I understand correctly though, I can easilly go back to default, so I may give it a try. But, I have my long stretch of 12 hour shifts coming up, so 1. I won't be posting as much and 2. any major changes will have to wait until my next day off or I get a bad case of flash fever...

Y'all take care and be good while I'm gone.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
@DaveTN --- Have you decided which is the better pagepool setting (12 or 16)?? Interested in seeing what you've found.
16 seems MUCH better.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development