PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Ok,
I reflashed Aug 10 CHT to try out a page pool of 16 and see how things run. The flash went fine and the phone DID autoprovision during the first boot.

SO far, things seem snappy at 16 and available RAM is surprisingly 74mb free! (thats from a clean slate with none of my own apps installed)

bootup time from hitting hte reset button until sense is fully displayed is 2 mins 12 seconds. Seemed a little slow so I'll report back on that after I finish setting some other stuff up.

Now, this is interesting... I charged until my charge indicator showed 100% but my charging light was still amber. After my second reboot, my battery meter was at 87%! Sooooooo, I think it is a calibration issue with the 1% battery meter and not the phone or ROM. If the battery is charged to the 100% AND the charging light is green, it "discharges" much more slowly. I'm gonna keep an eye on that.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

My daughter bought an HTC HD2 and i've been helping her get it tailored a little bit. she got ahead of herself and installed an app that killed her phone. so i helped her do the 3-finger reset.

while browsing t-mobile's hd2 support site, lo and behold, this statement from their technical support folks:

Please note:
It is normal for the device to run slowly and the battery to drain at a higher rate for a short period of time after the update is applied. This is caused by any applications that might be performing an initial sync such as Outlook or a personal email account and while the device is updating application like weather and location. It may take up to four hours to complete all syncing. It is recommended that you charge your phone after the update is complete.

food for thought for the folks who observer high-battery drain at first and perhaps give up too soon??!!

Over-clocking? I've been overclocked to 768 for the last 3 weeks with no problems. and yes....it is faster...a lot faster.

have a great day,
marvin
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Thanks Marvin,

I actually got a PCworld newsletter email yesterday that had a short story about maximizing battery life for android phones. I debated posting it here because it was more geared to android and not WM, but the gist is the same when it all boils down to it.

Some of the things the article did mention that apply to us, are things like location service, push services and apps that run in the background...they all use up battery power.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-12-2010 at 03:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

another thing, even though I have set my WiFi to stay on during WiFi and not turn off to inactivity or time, it still does...

Old 08-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

so who showed me some love a couple of pages back? I'd like to return the favor.

Btw, anyone having random soft resets with the reference 8/10?
Old 08-12-2010, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
another thing, even though I have set my WiFi to stay on during WiFi and not turn off to inactivity or time, it still does...
Did u use the option to keep ur wifi on while idle in bsb tweaks? That never worked for me. Search for a cab to keep wifi on, they have a million of them on ppcg & xda
Old 08-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Did u use the option to keep ur wifi on while idle in bsb tweaks? That never worked for me. Search for a cab to keep wifi on, they have a million of them on ppcg & xda
I did, but I also did the registry entry (which is why I ask people to never supply me with .cabs, just the \\registry location, its default, and what it needs to be changed to)...
Old 08-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mkappeli is just getting started

After seeing some peoples success with 768 on OC ive tried but get instant lockups. Have to pull the SD card and then i get in agani after a soft reset. I reflashed and installed my standard cabs... Verizon key fix, gfxboost 1.2, maxx134 battery, nuebattery, cleanram, verizon wireless sync, pandora, slacker, opera 10. Also, im interested in knowing if any of you go ahead into Advanced Configuration and tweak the performance settings. I usually change the AUTO file system cache size to 2mb, enable the file system filter cache to 4096 sectors, and set the Glyph cache to 64kb. Is this a similar setup any of you use? Also what exactley is the Throttle speed and what should I set that at.. Same thing for polling.. Basically what are the optimal settings everyone is using?

Last edited by mkappeli; 08-12-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Running latest 23xxx gtx. Last few builds have had same problem, nrg restore restores every thing but my quick links. Getting to be a pain to do manually.Have I missed something? thanks
Old 08-12-2010, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
I did, but I also did the registry entry (which is why I ask people to never supply me with .cabs, just the \\registry location, its default, and what it needs to be changed to)...
Thats strange, mine is working fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development