PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: AT&T

SouthernAtHeart is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Running 23542 mar7
I can't turn on my device with any hard keys, except the power button. Even though I've switched keylock back and forth...
anyone else have this problem?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Does anyone know of a way to Setup the Voice Recorder to record directly to the Storage Card please?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)
Carrier: Sprint

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Does anyone know of a way to Setup the Voice Recorder to record directly to the Storage Card please?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Use ACR....
Attached Files
File Type: cab ACR Version 1.2.2.CAB (360.4 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
It doesn't hurt anything to do it then, but if you wait, and something doesn't work, you have to lose most of your settings and start over.
I often hard reset after flashing too, but just a comment that with a properly setup Sashimi, losing your settings due to hard reset or flash is inconsequential. Within minutes settings are back and ready to go!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Ok again with the "ran provisioning" as something that likely could help with issues. I have asked this a couple times already but can't seem to get a response, how exactly is this done on the Sprint TP2 with one of these ROMS?????????
Keep in mind that I am on the newest 23542 cookie build and I did this after wiping my device that is found in settings' system folder. The 'carrier provisioning' is located by clicking the 'windows' hard button on the sprint tp2 device and then clicking the tools folder.
Good luck.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

slybrood7 is a n00b

ok ive gone to the Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 , ive tried all 3 cabs, the manual way
Manual Steps

Step 1.
Disable HTC messaging service by either removing the registry or rename the DLL in HKLM\services\MSG. e.g. I rename "MessagingService.dll" to "MessagingService.dllx" This will enable Winmo to take over the entire messaging send/receive function, without this, you can only receive text messages but not able to use winmo app to send terxt message (Although you can still send using the slow HTC messaging app, but it'll create some inconsistency).
Step 2.
Change the default text messaging app from HTC messaging to Winmo's Pocket outlook (tmail.exe) by removing the registry or renaming the account in HKLM\system\inbox\externalaccounts. In my case, I rename "SMS" to "SMS.htc"
Step 3.
Install the attached cab file to fix the missing unread count status (read below for more information)
Step 4Soft reset your phone, and you are set to go!"

second try

"in the meantime, do this manually on your registry, and you are set to go

go to hkcu\software\htc\bootlauncher\services\outlookenh ancement, set Module "\Windows\Outlookenhancement.dll" to "\Windows\Outlookenhancement.dll.disabled"

and then

hklm\services\outlookenhancement, set dll from "outlookenhancement.dll" to "outlookenhancement.dll.disabled"

I will update the CAB to take care of these but will release a few days later."

None of those registry keys are here in this rom, i still have both messaging services running on my phone and its no good!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

trutogirls is a n00b

I am having problems setting up my AOL email account....

I tried to search the thread with no luck why is it not working correctly?

I have sprint and everything works but I can setup the aol email account.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybrood7 View Post
ok ive gone to the Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 , ive tried all 3 cabs, the manual way
Manual Steps

Step 1.
Disable HTC messaging service by either removing the registry or rename the DLL in HKLM\services\MSG. e.g. I rename "MessagingService.dll" to "MessagingService.dllx" This will enable Winmo to take over the entire messaging send/receive function, without this, you can only receive text messages but not able to use winmo app to send terxt message (Although you can still send using the slow HTC messaging app, but it'll create some inconsistency).

Step 2.
Change the default text messaging app from HTC messaging to Winmo's Pocket outlook (tmail.exe) by removing the registry or renaming the account in HKLM\system\inbox\externalaccounts. In my case, I rename "SMS" to "SMS.htc"

Step 3.
Install the attached cab file to fix the missing unread count status (read below for more information)

Step 4Soft reset your phone, and you are set to go!"

second try

"in the meantime, do this manually on your registry, and you are set to go

go to hkcu\software\htc\bootlauncher\services\outlookenh ancement, set Module "\Windows\Outlookenhancement.dll" to "\Windows\Outlookenhancement.dll.disabled"

and then

hklm\services\outlookenhancement, set dll from "outlookenhancement.dll" to "outlookenhancement.dll.disabled"

I will update the CAB to take care of these but will release a few days later."

None of those registry keys are here in this rom, i still have both messaging services running on my phone and its no good!!!
Could this be what you are looking for?
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\HTCService]
"messaging"="manila_messaging.dll"
Old 03-09-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

keentech is just getting started

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I saw on twitter there was to be new ROMs posted today. What exactly will be getting tweaked or repaired in the updated versions? I keep having difficulty getting my device out of a screen off state. The only response I get from my device is the hardkeys will light up when I remove the stylus but the screen does not come on. I then have to press the reset button. Will this issue be getting addressed if an update is being posted tonight? Also what screen locking software works best with this ROM? I like Pocketshield however if something else works better on NRG please let me know.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work

Are we getting new ROMS tonight? I was about to get antsy and try the Mr. X Rom but i will not if so.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development