PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Neither have I, & my systems run super (running NRG 21885 now).

I bet I've flashed 300 times (all the way back to a 6700) & IMHO flashing a new ROM is the exact same thing as hard resetting.

~John
Sounds like a fully feasable outcome for most, however this thread is covered with posts from people having problems with their newly installed roms, and most of the outcome is "I had to hard reset and all was fine". Maybe it's not entirely necessary, but for the few that may have a few settings hang over into a new rom, it would seem more logical to not give people the idea that hard resetting is not necessary unless you want MORE of those same recurring posts. I believe sometimes, common sense isn't all that common, and just getting it out of the way right after the flash means that they won't lose everything after the handset has been set up and sync'd with tons of junk. Best bet... just pull the batt and hard reset after the flash. It doesn't hurt anything to do it then, but if you wait, and something doesn't work, you have to lose most of your settings and start over.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhtcpro2 View Post
( 1 ) Battery life is not that good, coz the Data service remains active after it connects to internet and then it has to be manually turned off or it will continue to stay active and keep draining the battery.

I'm just more concern about the battery life... and it drains fast just coz the data service would stay active even if the phone is not receiving or sending and data or may be it does but It can't just stay on for all day as long as I disconnect it manually.

Any suggestions regarding the battery life ?
Go Here for useful information.

LAWL
Old 03-09-2010, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Neither have I, & my systems run super (running NRG 21885 now).

I bet I've flashed 300 times (all the way back to a 6700) & IMHO flashing a new ROM is the exact same thing as hard resetting.

~John
I tried to hard reset on the 3/7 rom but my phone won't. I tried many times. It just starts to load. It works fine without it though.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I tried to hard reset on the 3/7 rom but my phone won't. I tried many times. It just starts to load. It works fine without it though.
Unplug your usb cable before removing the battery. Then put it back in and hard reset to turn the phone back on. Plug your cable back in when it finishes loading if you wish.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sanvara is becoming a great contributor

Switched back to Feb 26th rom and no sleep of death issue anymore. Hope the new rom fixes this.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am on the the 7th 23542 with cookie mod and have had excellent results. I also used the 5th with the same parameters with no problems at all. I am a heavy user with a Sprint TP2 (several e-mail accounts, heavy SMS & MMS, extreme internet use with sharing via phone as modem and wifi broadcasting, twitter, FB syncing and updating, pictures, documents, etc.) and feel these last two ROMS have been the fastest with little to no lag in them. I only switched to the 7th because NRGZ posted he tweaked it for Sprint CDMA in mind and it was faster than the 5th with the documents tab which I use. Also I noticed that Cookies' editor worked in this ROM which it did not on the 5th.

I have not experienced the sleep of death on either date but I did do a full flash dance before installing NRGZ's ROM (flash back to stock, clear storage, flash ROM, wipe device, ran provisioning). I also have not experienced the battery drain everyone is complaining about but after my flash dance I follow RipTide9 's guide and make the registry edits found on this page: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...6489&page=1122. I also do a few registry edits found on this page: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...556087#1556087.

Following are the minor issues I have found with this ROM
1. After Sprint provisioning the keyboard doesn't map correctly; so you still need to run the sprint keyboard cab from the first page.
2. MMS doesn't work without following one of the fixes found in this thread (I believe it did on the 5th version).
3. Arkswitch task manager seems to go away and I am not able to select it without selecting a quicklink.
4. I am still experiencing a bizarre memory leak (90k at boot then drops to below 30k after a couple of hours with no programs in arkswitch). Even with the memory at it's lowest this ROM seems to still fly.

Besides a few minor glitches which your community can figure out themselves Excellent work NRGZ. I have tried many flavors from the wonderful chefs here on PPC and until I can figure out the kitchen to start doing them myself you are by far my favorite. I can only suggest maybe an a la carte option to your ROM so we could check off some of the programs we would never use so they wouldn’t be installed and maybe a more detailed guide / FAQ to your excellent ROM to eliminate all the repetitive questions that could be found in a more comprehensive up to date guide then the one at the beginning of the thread. I will be setting up my old paypal so I can hit you up with a couple of beers on me to thank you for all the hard work because this is one of the first ROMS I have been able to use without freezing up on a business trip. Until Sprint releases the official WM6.5 later this month and you bless it... Cheers.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
I am on the the 7th 23542 with cookie mod and have had excellent results. I also used the 5th with the same parameters with no problems at all. I am a heavy user with a Sprint TP2 (several e-mail accounts, heavy SMS & MMS, extreme internet use with sharing via phone as modem and wifi broadcasting, twitter, FB syncing and updating, pictures, documents, etc.) and feel these last two ROMS have been the fastest with little to no lag in them. I only switched to the 7th because NRGZ posted he tweaked it for Sprint CDMA in mind and it was faster than the 5th with the documents tab which I use. Also I noticed that Cookies' editor worked in this ROM which it did not on the 5th.

I have not experienced the sleep of death on either date but I did do a full flash dance before installing NRGZ's ROM (flash back to stock, clear storage, flash ROM, wipe device, ran provisioning). I also have not experienced the battery drain everyone is complaining about but after my flash dance I follow RipTide9 's guide and make the registry edits found on this page: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...6489&page=1122. I also do a few registry edits found on this page: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...556087#1556087.

Following are the minor issues I have found with this ROM
1. After Sprint provisioning the keyboard doesn't map correctly; so you still need to run the sprint keyboard cab from the first page.
2. MMS doesn't work without following one of the fixes found in this thread (I believe it did on the 5th version).
3. Arkswitch task manager seems to go away and I am not able to select it without selecting a quicklink.
4. I am still experiencing a bizarre memory leak (90k at boot then drops to below 30k after a couple of hours with no programs in arkswitch). Even with the memory at it's lowest this ROM seems to still fly.

Besides a few minor glitches which your community can figure out themselves Excellent work NRGZ. I have tried many flavors from the wonderful chefs here on PPC and until I can figure out the kitchen to start doing them myself you are by far my favorite. I can only suggest maybe an a la carte option to your ROM so we could check off some of the programs we would never use so they wouldn’t be installed and maybe a more detailed guide / FAQ to your excellent ROM to eliminate all the repetitive questions that could be found in a more comprehensive up to date guide then the one at the beginning of the thread. I will be setting up my old paypal so I can hit you up with a couple of beers on me to thank you for all the hard work because this is one of the first ROMS I have been able to use without freezing up on a business trip. Until Sprint releases the official WM6.5 later this month and you bless it... Cheers.

Very informative and well worded post for a newb lurker. I shall be your first thanks.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Glad to see someone else likes the NRG ROMS. I feel like a loner sometimes - they always work great for me! _ And I'm your second thanks _
Old 03-09-2010, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 HD
Carrier: Verizon

JukEboX is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to JukEboX Send a message via MSN to JukEboX Send a message via Yahoo to JukEboX Send a message via Skype™ to JukEboX

First of all NRGZ this is the best build so far!!!! Its fast, smooth and almost no problem especially for me who is a power phone user. I do have one problem that has yet to be fixed.

Notice anything wrong? Again the Systray is taking over again. Anything you can do? To move the slider you have put your finger where the menu SHOULD be, not where it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (9.5 KB, 584 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I am on the the 7th 23542 with cookie mod and have had excellent results.

I have not experienced the sleep of death on either date but I did do a full flash dance before installing NRGZ's ROM (flash back to stock, clear storage, flash ROM, wipe device, ran provisioning).
Ok again with the "ran provisioning" as something that likely could help with issues. I have asked this a couple times already but can't seem to get a response, how exactly is this done on the Sprint TP2 with one of these ROMS?????????
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development