PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

wow.. running the pagepool at 12 is awesome.. i tried it at 16 then 12.. 12 is perfect. i can run apps, close them and not have them close out on their own because there is no memory left. my palringo would close out all the time after running opera.. but now things are perfect.. i am on the 23X cookie from aug 10th. you guys may want to try it.. i did and im so happy.. i had a few SOD issues on the initial first resets while setting up programs.. but since then i have been good. and battery life seems to have increased slightly with the lower pagepool.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty1978 View Post
as far as i know this rom does not autoprovision you need to run the provisioning yourself, but it seems you have figured that out yourself.... welcome to energy and enjoy ur stay!
It actually does autoprovision, however, the option to do so manually is available. I always do a manual provision just to make sure.

I'm going to reflash today and I'll let it autoprov just to make sure.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
It actually does autoprovision, however, the option to do so manually is available. I always do a manual provision just to make sure.

I'm going to reflash today and I'll let it autoprov just to make sure.

David
well hot damn... learn something new everyday lol... i guess i just assumed that since i did it every time i flashed that you had to lol
Old 08-12-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work

every update this ROM just keeps on getting nicer and nicer.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I noticed that yesterday on the 23128 regular cookie, but in an couple other instances as well; such as my unlock screen (maxed out with weather annimation and notification icons) as well as google maps.
I'm running with my page pool at 12 which may be the culprit. I'm going to back things up today and reflash with a PP of 16 and see if that makes a difference. I'm not a big multitasker so going up on the page pool to try to squeeze a little more speed out of it vs, not being able to run multiple apps works better for me. There should be a sweet spot where things open and close quickly and run smoothly...and I'm gonna find it.

David
First off Thanks & Thanked for your reply!

I found out that FullHD pictures was the culprit. I moved pictures from my digital camera to my phone to have on the go and they were causing the Photos Tab to crash. I dont know why but I decided to delete them and see what happens and now the Photos Tab works like a charm and works like it should. Im thinking there might be a resolution restriction with the phone or something causing the phone not being able to handle those FullHD pictures I had on the storage card (I never store pictures/videos on the phone). So from now on the only pictures and videos I will have on the phone will be the ones I take with the phone.

I had to leave the PP at 12 because I was getting out of storage notifications too often with 16.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Thanks DatBoi,

I think its the same situation for the video as well. Several days someone posted about video problems so I looked into it. I found the larger (HD) videos would crash the video player. The videos I used were HD and shot with my camcorder mounted on my motorcycle. If I played a smaller vid in regualr format, I didn't have any problems. I think mostly its a limitation of the processing and video of our phones. Theyre pretty maxed out as it is.
I wonder if things are better for the guys/gals that are overclocking.

Teradog? Beleljce? any feedback on that?

Thanks,
David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:25 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

BATTERY PROBLEMS *POSSIBLE SOLUTION*
Lots of discussion regarding batteries in the last few days/weeks. I just post a thread that I thought would help others beyond this forum. Much of the discussion pertains to discharge rate & how long the battery lasts, but some were discussing plugging into a laptop & car. If nothing else, this may at least help some understand the charging process itself better as I've seen some discussion about 5 volts... which really doesn't have much to do with anything! Below is a small extraction from the thread I started that may help.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131414
"Battery Charging issues: SOLUTION
(not directly related to how long your battery lasts or why it goes to 85% after xxx minutes)
Pick up the A/C charger that came with the TP2, pick it up & look on the back, you’ll see Output 5v 1amp. Simply put you need to have a car charger that says “Output 1amp” (1amp=1000ma)
And if using an old phones USB charger at work (as a second charger), that one may not have enough amps.... all A/C chargers should say Output 1amp also!"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

yeah most car chargers or usb chargers in general are only 500ma/750ma~!

My ToDo list:

1% Battery (dont know if its already in)
7Bar signal (sprint and love the detailed signal, also why I love F over C for temperature)
Disable Clock Flip (its so funny, hit the task manager drop down in the right hand corner then hit it again to re-hide it to watch the clock flip back from 1hr over and over and over and over and over again, all with only the task manager LOL!)
GFX drivers
Change audio codec from 3g to 4g (phone not ROM related)
Change start menu to get rid of god-awful honeycomb (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=711914)

also why do rom chef's think that Remote Desktop deserves to be in the "internet" or "tools" folder??? You put the rest of the "office" tools in the "office" folder and I have never seen a program more worthy of the "office" folder the Remote Desktop... (sure most only use it to check on their pirate box's)

EDIT: also while not terrably important, in the ROM DATE its back at 11/20/09, the version states the date instead of the date... LAWLZ!

Last edited by Kane3162; 08-12-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If I select a different theme, some of the start menu text becomes white. Anyone know how to fix this?

Using Aug11th DinikGTX 23XXX

Last edited by jpriset; 08-12-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eddieyee is keeping up the good workeddieyee is keeping up the good work

Is the MaxSense EnergyRom version in the works to get the latest updates (Aug 10?)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development