PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadwayj View Post
Firstly thanks for all the helpful posts

Might want to add as an addendum that if messages just need to be kept, that the MyPhone app is actually great for backing up/archiving them. As well as ringtones, photos, contacts, etc.

Thanks treadwayj, I added that to my post.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

zztoolzz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to zztoolzz Send a message via MSN to zztoolzz
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
i used my AC adapter whenever i can but im at work and can only use my work computer. It seems there are times when it charges quickly and smoothly but then times when it doesnt charge for s*$t. I try what you said up there...

On another note, is anyone else experiencing this problem. My facebook app wont load picture... Weird...

Hi guys... I actually have this charging issue in my car. I drive an 05 Acura TL. A lot of times I get a message that pops up and says something about not having enough power or voltage to charge the phone. . Please shut down any applications and try again which I go and do. Think it might say not enough voltage also. Can't remember exactly what it says which I know makes fixing the problem harder. I'll try and write it down the next time. The charger is an iGO. One of those chargers that you can change the charging heads. So even when making sure all apps are closed I still seem to have issues charging in the car. The phone seems to be using more power than it's able to store while in use. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Running Aug10th 23128 GTX Cookie and so far I have only had ONE issue. The photo tab crashes alot for me, if I tap on a picture to view it and try to swipe to different pictures that window just closes out. Sometimes I dont have enough time to upload a pic to facebook before it closes out.

It does happen with other cooked in programs but not as much as this. Not a big issue and its somethin I can live with but would like if anybody else noticed & if anyone may know a way around it.
I noticed that yesterday on the 23128 regular cookie, but in an couple other instances as well; such as my unlock screen (maxed out with weather annimation and notification icons) as well as google maps.
I'm running with my page pool at 12 which may be the culprit. I'm going to back things up today and reflash with a PP of 16 and see if that makes a difference. I'm not a big multitasker so going up on the page pool to try to squeeze a little more speed out of it vs, not being able to run multiple apps works better for me. There should be a sweet spot where things open and close quickly and run smoothly...and I'm gonna find it.

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
great stuff here, gonna see how it compares!

oh, and b3 for TotalCommander is out! you still have b2 even in your 8-10 rom's (its been out for almost a week+ now!)

Cheers!

( I would also like it to be known that HotFile sucks so much **** its not even funny, the "you are already downloading" issue pops up on a regular basis for me, GG HotFile GG, MediaFire FTW!)

EDIT: is BSB tweaks at fault or the rom? on the reference rom the text is shifted a bit to the right (enough for an icon even) and some is squished under the on/off switch) (on a side note, who uses the HTC/WM themes/sounds... such a waste of space)
heh heh heh.

good to see you over here Kane.

David
Old 08-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztoolzz View Post
Hi guys... I actually have this charging issue in my car. I drive an 05 Acura TL. A lot of times I get a message that pops up and says something about not having enough power or voltage to charge the phone. . Please shut down any applications and try again which I go and do. Think it might say not enough voltage also. Can't remember exactly what it says which I know makes fixing the problem harder. I'll try and write it down the next time. The charger is an iGO. One of those chargers that you can change the charging heads. So even when making sure all apps are closed I still seem to have issues charging in the car. The phone seems to be using more power than it's able to store while in use. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Hi ZZtoolzz,

First make sure the changeable charging adapter on the igo charge is firmly connected to the cord. Also, if the igo charger has a manual voltage selector, make sure that it is set to the same output voltage/current as your ac adapter. Fianlly, make sure that the connector is tighly connected to your phone when you use it in the car. If you are moving your phone around and the cable is getting wiggled, it may be loosing connection with the contacts in your phones musb port.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I noticed that yesterday on the 23128 regular cookie, but in an couple other instances as well; such as my unlock screen (maxed out with weather annimation and notification icons) as well as google maps.
I'm running with my page pool at 12 which may be the culprit. I'm going to back things up today and reflash with a PP of 16 and see if that makes a difference. I'm not a big multitasker so going up on the page pool to try to squeeze a little more speed out of it vs, not being able to run multiple apps works better for me. There should be a sweet spot where things open and close quickly and run smoothly...and I'm gonna find it.

David
My results thus far on the 23128 Cookie:
Not great.
Seems zippier, but boot takes longer, I have had multiple lock ups with Sense. No idea why. It has gotten better, but still problem.
Battery seems worse. Might get better with time.
Photo is not working at all. I can take the picture, but once it starts writing out the file, it takes 2 or 3 minutes. Also the file shows up, (when it does sometimes) as garbage data.
I did flash twice, just in case it was me. I tried a page pool of 12, and then 16, both still ran into memory problems.
I had better reliability from the 23673 Aug 1 cookie ROM. I accept some bugginess from the 23xxx ROMS, I gotta have the finger friendly, but the aug 10 seems worse to me.

Bluetooth hangup/#777 Data is a major issue for me, but it's been that way a while. (I think) Does any one remember a ROM in the 23xxx series that didn't have that problem?

I am considering, for the first time ever for me, to go back to an older ROM. But I am fighting it.

Edit: The photo problem is driving me nuts. It takes forever to save it out with all sizes, except M. on anything larger it gives me the wait cursor.....

EDIT 2: I take it all back. This is the best ROM ever. (Some nice men in dark suits came to visit me.) Actually, I solved one problem. The Camera problem has been identified. I had used advance config and changed the Store photos as portait setting and turned it on. This was bad. Turning it off fixed the problem. Now that I think about it, perhaps it was rotating the pictures and that's why it took so long. Even so, when I let it finish, it didn't actually save it out.
I have my camera set to save pictures to my storage card to the my documents/my pictures. Works so much better than that silly DCIM folder.

Last edited by kyderr; 08-12-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

I am getting random SR on the 23128 GTX 10-8. Anyone else witnessing that.

Weird, first time on GTX roms.
Going back to 1-8.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

topcheffan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztoolzz View Post
Hi guys... I actually have this charging issue in my car. I drive an 05 Acura TL. A lot of times I get a message that pops up and says something about not having enough power or voltage to charge the phone.

What sort of applications are you running when this happens? Are you accessing the net/GPS and/or are you roaming? I had a similar experience with a brand new car charger. The battery power was declining rather than increasing. Initially I thought it was a faulty charger, but now think it was because I was trying to use Bing or some other GPS/navigation app and was driving through areas where the phone was roaming a lot. I have since charged the phone without using the nav app and in areas where there is better signal and have had no problems.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post

David

I've had my first issue with the Standard which may be related to this. I received a phone call, and had the phone lock up, had to soft reset via the button. I'm running about 68 megs on button up, which I think is a bit low, but things still appear snappy.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Well looks like i'll be sticking with this change. Been an avid MightyRom user since day one but Full Force wasn't cutting it anymore, and lately with the overclocker i've been getting more lockups and SODs than ever...then i found the Energy Standard Reference ROM. i really like having a blank slate to put all mods on, esp adding my own apps by CAB install so the start menu isn't overcrowded. this seemed to offer the best of both worlds. Very fast ROM and so far it is taking all my mods well. Thanks for all your hard work, only thing now is i hope i'm not too tempted to flash every single update that comes out LOL

only issue i did have was i had to flash 3 times before i got it completely right. the first time one of the mods i added took away the startmenu, which i wouldn't have noticed on MightyRom FF since there is no startmenu to begin with. the 2nd time i jus did a clear storage and for some reason it loaded up Sprint settings. Does this ROM autoprovision? either way on the 3rd hard reset i made sure to carrier provision myself before anything else and so far its working well, i just know some other roms (I think it was Vins since i tried that one out most recently) that you're not supposed to run provisioning again or else it could cause issues. Hopefully this wont harm my device in the long run
as far as i know this rom does not autoprovision you need to run the provisioning yourself, but it seems you have figured that out yourself.... welcome to energy and enjoy ur stay!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development