PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrotrike View Post
This is getting frustrating because I can't see if I have a new text. Missed a few important ones so far because I work in a loud environment and can't hear the alert sound. I'll give my previous post a few hours and I'm going back to a stock ROM. This isn't worth the aggravation.
Have you tried changing the settings for the text notification with BSB in the Tools folder? I know that I was able to adjust it before to provide pop-up notifications when I needed it.

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPaq HX4700, Mogul, TP2, EVO

nitrotrike is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coach View Post
Have you tried changing the settings for the text notification with BSB in the Tools folder? I know that I was able to adjust it before to provide pop-up notifications when I needed it.
No, I haven't. Thing is, I haven't made any changes whatsoever. It just stop working. As stated the 'missed call' alert bubble works just fine. The only thing I see in BSB relating to SMS is 'SMS wake up', 'LED notifications', and 'SMS classic view' toggle. I'm not sure if / why any of these would effect the count bubble on the home screen?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
No, I haven't. Thing is, I haven't made any changes whatsoever. It just stop working. As stated the 'missed call' alert bubble works just fine. The only thing I see in BSB relating to SMS is 'SMS wake up', 'LED notifications', and 'SMS classic view' toggle. I'm not sure if / why any of these would effect the count bubble on the home screen?
Nitro,
Are you using a custom taskbar/icons?

Have you tried a soft reset?

I've had a sticky count bubble every once in a while and a soft reset usually fixed it.

Also, look in your all messages folder and tap on the dropdown bar for the inbox. See if its showing any unread messages in another folder in there.

Also, in exchange, have you set it to delete read messages? If they are still showing as unread in your email account, then they *may* still show as unread in your PPC's inbox as well.

Hope that helps.

David
Old 08-10-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I used the LED notifications to provide something other than the home screen for notification so that I didn't miss messages while using some of the other software that takes up the entire screen and task bar. It's worked as a work around, but it prob isn't a long term solution to your issue. You might check the Max UI forum and see if there are any issues/solutions with the widgets/notifications listed there while the guys here read through your issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687153
Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPaq HX4700, Mogul, TP2, EVO

nitrotrike is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Nitro,
Are you using a custom taskbar/icons?

Have you tried a soft reset?

I've had a sticky count bubble every once in a while and a soft reset usually fixed it.

Also, look in your all messages folder and tap on the dropdown bar for the inbox. See if its showing any unread messages in another folder in there.

Also, in exchange, have you set it to delete read messages? If they are still showing as unread in your email account, then they *may* still show as unread in your PPC's inbox as well.

Hope that helps.

David
Nope, nothing custom at all, and nothing in the inbox (i already deleted them), and multiple soft resets. If I happen to hear the alert tone, it says "0", yet if I tap it, I see a new text. I hate it when stuff like this happens after I spend a few hours setting up the widgets the way I want
Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wink Energy.RHODCDMA.23673.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGTX.Aug .07

Hello all, I have been off win mo for a minute while playing over in Droid X land..But I still have my TP2 and thought I would update it with the latest Energy ROM. I am on the Energy.RHODCDMA.23673.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGTX.Aug .07 version and thus far great ROM and I have only found one issue. I can receive pic messages but I can't send pic messages, but other than that no major issues. I have not checked bluetooth yet as that was the main reason I switched from Energy Roms as I need bluetooth to work without issue during the day but now that my main line is the droid X that is no longer an issue as my TP2 is my backup line right now which I mainly use it for syncing my work calendar. If anyone on Verizon knows how to get the PIC mail working as for as sending pictures please post a resolution. I pray that everyone is having an awesome day...
Old 08-10-2010, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.892; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Update: pic message issue successfully resolved by executing the provisioning cab. I also had to use the verizon keyboard fix cab to resolve some keyboard issues. So I just wanted to pass the information on in case any other Verizon users haave similar issues.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

hey guys i cant find a how to install, troubleshooting link, and i searched... how do i intall after dling the rom...
Old 08-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
hey guys i cant find a how to install, troubleshooting link, and i searched... how do i intall after dling the rom...
First, if you haven't done so, you need to read about unlocking your phone so you can flash a custom ROM to it.
Start here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

and HERE: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266 **** VERY HELPFUL. NOTE: Most of this is for the Original Touch PRO and not tthe TP2, so use it as a reference and not a complete how to for the TP2

Then, download the ROM of your choice from the first page in this thread.

The download is compressed so you will need to extract (uncompress) it. I usea program called winrar (google is your friend for that one).

Once you have read the unlocking thread, downloaded and extracted the custom ROM, you are almost ready. Read the thread in my sig line about how I flash ROMS to my phone.

You may also want to read through at least the first 20 and last 20 pages of this thread.

Once you are comfortable, ask a few more questions before you flash, then give it a try.

reading up on the process is very helpful and will help you avoid making expensive mistakes.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-10-2010 at 06:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
yea i just saw the vid on how to do it on youtube... i noticed a hard reset... will i lose everything on my sd??
No you won't. It won't touch your SD card...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development