PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Just curious, how long did you plug it in for? If you've had it in for more than 3 hours then try unplugging then plugging it back in.
This is what I did and about 30 minutes later it did turn green.

thanks,
dave
Old 08-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

zak99999 is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Any idea when the blue tooth issue of not being able to hang up a call from the blue tooth headset will be fixed in this ROM?

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Ya know, I just had a Homer Simpson moment and must say....

DOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!

While I was playing around, I started to think about how I ACTUALLY use my phone, particularly which tabs I use and which I don't. I don't use "stocks" at all for instance. So, I started checking my memory usage after unchecking each tab and I actually got back 1 to 2 MB for each tab that I quit using.

Anyone else want to try that and see what you think? How many of those tabs do you really use every day? Can you live with an quicklink for opera rather than the internet tab? It just opens opera anyway, right...

From my homescreen, I can swipe down and tap on my opera shortcut faster than I can swype over to the tab then tap on the launch internet.

Just some random thoughts for the day.

David
I delete People, Internet, Stocks, Facebook, twitter, recent docs and call history.

works much faster for me when i do that
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
While I was playing around, I started to think about how I ACTUALLY use my phone, particularly which tabs I use and which I don't. I don't use "stocks" at all for instance. So, I started checking my memory usage after unchecking each tab and I actually got back 1 to 2 MB for each tab that I quit using.

Anyone else want to try that and see what you think? How many of those tabs do you really use every day? Can you live with an quicklink for opera rather than the internet tab? It just opens opera anyway, right...

From my homescreen, I can swipe down and tap on my opera shortcut faster than I can swype over to the tab then tap on the launch internet.

Just some random thoughts for the day.

David
I'll give it a go.

Alright to start, Page Pool set to 16 and start after boot with 59.

Dropped Stocks, 59MB. Add in Music, still 59MB. Dropped Recent Docs, 59MB. No Facebook, Twitter, or Internet, still at 59MB.

Dropped the 2 extra home screens, still at 59MB.

Any chance that the Page Pool could have anything to do with the difference?

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is anyone else having problems with Remote Desktop Mobile on the august 10 builds?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coach View Post

Any chance that the Page Pool could have anything to do with the difference?
Yep, I'm running a page pool of 12 which gives me about 72mb free after a soft reset.

Also, anytine I remove a tab, sense resets itself (like it is supposed to), which would account for the perception of me "gaining" some extra memory. Overall, it seems to settle out at around 68mb after some normal use.

But its early and I just flashed this ROM today, so I still have a couple days of adding in my favorite applications to see how things are affected.

LOL... I just realized that I ran out of "THANKS", so I'm thankless until tomorrow when the counter resets. So, I'll go back and "thank" all the posts that have contributed.

David
Old 08-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 6| 21911|23673 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Hmmm.. Heres a thought. Do you have one of the holsters with the magnetic flap? If so, put your phone in the holster with the screen facing your body. I was having hte same problem a while back and doing that seemed to have fixed it for me.

David
Had to lol. I like a vertical holster and I just spent 20 bucks on a cheesy canvas holster because it was the only one I could find in an entire mall that did not have a magnetic clip.

Has anyone been able to disable slide to unlock?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yep, I'm running a page pool of 12 which gives me about 72mb free after a soft reset.

Also, anytime I remove a tab, sense resets itself (like it is supposed to), which would account for the perception of me "gaining" some extra memory. Overall, it seems to settle out at around 68mb after some normal use.

David
With running 16, I'll see what I have over the next couple of days. Good thing is that I am still running at 56 with adding in some of the favorite applications. As always, these ROM's deliver the best of everything.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MN-Joe is keeping up the good workMN-Joe is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 6| 21911|23673 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Had to lol. I like a vertical holster and I just spent 20 bucks on a cheesy canvas holster because it was the only one I could find in an entire mall that did not have a magnetic clip.

Has anyone been able to disable slide to unlock?
HTC makes a holster that I found works fantastic. The magnets are in the body not in the flap at all. The flap has metal, but no magnets. The only problem with this holster is I had to cut a hole in the bottom so I could effectively get my phone out of it. Since switching to this HTC holster I've had zero issues with this.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak99999 View Post
Any idea when the blue tooth issue of not being able to hang up a call from the blue tooth headset will be fixed in this ROM?

Thanks.
It is a big frustration. One of my major beefs. Since I flashed the Aug 10th Rom, Nothing but problems. But I suspect it's me. I'm going to flash again. (I did Task 29), But the phone would lock up in mail constantly. Sometimes I couldn't get sense to start, Phone calls did not bring up the phone screen. I used a Page Pool of 12 as well, but I will try 16. I see that this ROMs default PP was less than previous ROMs.

On a related note. Anyone know where the e-mail signatures are kept? I want to back those up because they are pain to keep typing in.

EDIT: I have noticed the new Check boxes, (Dotted "X") I don't like them. They also have a strange behavior that when you check and then uncheck them, they don't clear and are sort of grey. Making it difficult to determine checked status. I liked the regular checks better.
Since I have reflashed, it is performing much better.....

Last edited by kyderr; 08-11-2010 at 09:56 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development