PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 02:16 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
So far none of the tips or cabs I've found have gotten opera into my task list so I can switch to it or close it from there. Has anyone killed push internet and turned opera into a normal program as far as the task manager is concerned on an Energy Rom? Especially a 219xx build?
Never seen that problem. guessing you've changed opera to 10 or are not using arkswitch?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:24 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabassplayer View Post
..As far as using DATA CONTROLLER instead of Advanced Configuration, I was referring to this particular process (the timeout setting),...
Tk'd you for the input!!
If you carefully read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfox24
That is actually a GSM setting used to set suspend and resume for data connections when receiving a call. - If set wrong on a CMDA phone you wont be able to answer calls. It should be #777. If you use 'Advanced config' that came with the rom, it might change the setting on you.

... NOT "for" you... if you've been around for a while, way back Advanced Config usage was causing many of us a lot of headaches.. I never saw the solution, so I just quit using it for the most part (a few tiny little changes sometimes..)... I read that statement above by sandfox, to mean using advanced config causes that key to be changed.. not changing the key with advanced config... I don't think the OP was intended to suggest using one over the other, (not even sure you can change the timeout with Adv Conf)... RATHER, that the use of Adv Conf.. CAUSED it the problem.. "it might change the setting on you." IMO

Is that what you were thinking??

(from your post a few pages back.... "I might still be going crazy", it's just that I no longer have that problem:>)) ha!
Cheers!

Last edited by teradog; 08-01-2010 at 02:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Never seen that problem. guessing you've changed opera to 10 or are not using arkswitch?
If we are using the Opera 9.7 that NRG cooks into the 21911 ROM, do we not need to install the no-push cab?? How did I miss THAT??
Old 08-01-2010, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thank you for the insight as well!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:32 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
If we are using the Opera 9.7 that NRG cooks into the 21911 ROM, do we not need to install the no-push cab?? How did I miss THAT??
OMG gotta step away for a while.. lol! last post, going fishing... :>)) (i'm not communicating well)
Sorry again but I'm not suggesting anything about the no-push cab, I was only saying I've never seen his issue (Opera not appearing in the taskmanger), and then guessed that he may have changed something.. like the Opera version or is using a different taskmanager...
Later all...

Last edited by teradog; 08-01-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
OMG gotta step away for a while.. lol! last post, going fishing... :>))
Sorry again but I'm not suggesting anything about the no-push cab, I was only saying I've never seen his issue (Opera not appearing in the taskmanger), and then guessed that he may have changed something.. like the Opera version or is using a different taskmanager...
Later all...
Gotcha - I guess I was reading too much into the post.
sorry
Old 08-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I think you're confused, Opera to my knowledge has nothing to do with push mail, push mail is when you have your email set-up to stay connected and as soon as you have email to download it and push a notification to you, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Personally I would rather check email manually and that way you are not constantly using the internet which in turn is using battery to check for email constantly.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I think you're confused, Opera to my knowledge has nothing to do with push mail, push mail is when you have your email set-up to stay connected and as soon as you have email to download it and push a notification to you, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Personally I would rather check email manually and that way you are not constantly using the internet which in turn is using battery to check for email constantly.
I thought "push internet" was entirely different from "push email".

Push email is exactly what you described, but push internet refers to Opera keeping a connection and running in the background so it opens up faster.

That's what I had thought anyway...

Sources:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=gain+ram+cabs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

Last edited by iowabassplayer; 08-01-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I thought "push internet" was entirely different from "push email".

Push email is exactly what you described, but push internet refers to Opera keeping a connection and running in the background so it opens up faster.

That's what I had thought anyway...

Sources:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=gain+ram+cabs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948
I apologize I thought you was talking about push mail, guess that's what I get for watching Family Guy and trying to pay attention to the thread lol.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nadieaqui is just getting started

Installed Jul 30 Standard "Energy" on Sprint Touch Pro 2 from Jul 24 Standard Energy.

However, Sense does not start.
When Sense does start, all I see on the screen is the 4 toggle switches, and a outline of a box where the clock is suppose to be.

Has anyone had this problem -- I tried searching this forum first before posting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I tried installing the standard sprint rom (file name below) and then installing the the Jul 30 Standard Energy, and same problem.
I also tried going from standard sprint rom to Jul 24 Standard Energy, and same problem.

Standard Sprint Rom File Name
"RUU_Rhodium_W_WM65_Sprint_WWE_2.04.651.4_RS_2.32W F_NV_SPCS_2.20_0224_PRL60660_Ship.exe"

Thank you in advance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development