PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
I'm guessing that's directed at me lol ... It's in advanced config > input
honestly that wasn't directed towards you, but thanks for the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Advanced Config tool.. checkout the 'Input' section.
appreciate it, don't ever use advanced config anymore so never thought to even look in there.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:42 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Here's an idea... since I run a beta group on dropbox.. where I share files, ideas, etc with other energyrom users.... How about a roundup of the most knowledgeable users in this thread ? Maybe you guys can join my beta group on dropbox.com and we can work together to test and release better ROMs ? It's a lot better than me doing it on my own

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
honestly that wasn't directed towards you, but thanks for the answer.
NP... I was just asking for a bigger font a few posts earlier, this getting older sucks lol
Nice to finally be able to help you out instead of the other way around
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Here's an idea... since I run a beta group on dropbox.. where I share files, ideas, etc with other energyrom users.... How about a roundup of the most knowledgeable users in this thread ? Maybe you guys can join my beta group on dropbox.com and we can work together to test and release better ROMs ? It's a lot better than me doing it on my own
That sounds like a great idea! In doing that, it would also give the users in the beta group the insight to give even more accurate feedback here in the forum to the variety of questions that pop up.

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I haven't had a chance to read through Teradogs latest faq/suggestions so I don't know if these have been asked or covered so I apologize in advance. I'm also typing this on my phone or I would check now. These are some of the issues I've noticed.

Could you look into the issue with usb tethering without sim card for us android folks that have to take it out to get cdma service.

With the startmenu options to free ram is their still any benefit to installing the TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy and NoPushInternet_v2 cabs? or were these included at some point?

Also I noticed on the non cookie nrgz roms the disable double flip is still needed.

Thanks NRG I still can't fathom how you have the time to dedicate to each phone with all the roms you put out and thanks teradog for taking on the job to crawl through the thread to pick out the most common questions and issues to make NRG's job easier.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 11-04-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

jokergp is a n00b

I just flashed over the the energy rom the GTX theme, I love everything about it the only thing is that wen i slide it up in landscade mode everything goes black and i cant read anything on the screen the the back screen is black and the words are either in black and i cant see them or in drak grey any way that i can change it so that it white just like when it is up right
Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Sounds like a kewl idea. Even though I've been lurking for a long time, if there are not enough other folks with under the hood knowledge (eg, hunting through the registry + diffs, creating scripts to work around issues, etc)... I'm game to help in some capacity from that angle. I also have a Sprint TP2 unit that I use for testing Winmo ROMs along with the Android ports when I have spare time.

Quote:
3. Fix BT hangup issue, also: #27590, also #27596, ... tons of them

I will need to test this with a device that's actually exhibiting this problem. Anyone wanna send one my way ? Not like you can use it with my ROM at the moment anyway, right ? lol i know.. bad joke..
For me the quickest way to reproduce this is:
1. have BT active connection to a headset (Jawbone ICON or BlueAnt T1 for me can do it)
2. just do some kind of data transfer, eg use google maps
3. make a call to voicemail
4. try to hang up via the BT headset disconnect button/function.
5. Jawbone may hang up after the 2nd or 3rd try - sometimes. The T1 usually does on the 2nd try.

There are other scenarios that many other threads document...

Per our prior PMs, I plan to still send you a Jawbone ICON from a warranty exchange whenever it comes in.

There is some kind of weird interaction with an active #777 EVDO data connection and when the Sprint TP2s makes the switch to 1x mode to make a call when a BT headset is actively used. When the BT headset sends the command back for a "hang up" request, something does not get recognized/triggered. I started to compare the WIDCOMM registry entries of a stock Sprint 6.5 ROM I've used to my current settings... I'll have to follow up later on that. Of course, I may be totally off base given what I've read in other threads here and on XDA.

Quote:
8. Fix Quick GPS to auto update when checked. Not working (many, many posts)

Seems to work fine for me and from what I read in the thread it seems to work for other people as well. Is this really that big a deal ? Just update manually when, and if you ever do...
I've been finding I have to enable the update while ROAMING for my Quick GPS to auto update even if I am in a Sprint 3G area - it could be I am in an affiliate area and not native Sprint 3G. Not sure what others have for their update settings. All of my settings are setup in XDA_UC to enable the update + roaming now. Prior to that ROMs for the past few months appeared to "not" auto update for me, and it seems for others.

Quote:
Read my responses in red.. above
12. Fix contact pics in dialer: Monfro 27471, #27407

I will try to implement a GSM dialer in the ROM to see if it makes this better. I'm getting mixed responses on twitter from people saying they DO get pictures while other people say they don't. I THINK it might be a carrier thing, or maybe people that apply sometime of carrier provisioning cab don't get them anymore. I know for a fact they work fine in a "virgin" ROM.
I rarely use the built in dialer as is... I install various Sprint Devotion color dialer CABs and those will display the contact picture on making or receiving a call. Based on the CABs, those install phcanimagesX.dlls so I have not had a chance to see if that was making a difference for me. I do have your energy_sprint.cab provisioning cab run at XDA_UC install time as well.

Note that no contact images are shown in the dialer history/pick list though for me.

As a side note all of my comments above are valid for the ROM I use on quite a few Sprint TP2 units (family+friends):
Energy.RHODCDMA.21683.Sense2.5.Cookie.Oct.25
I have not flashed to Nov.2 yet on any devices I have access to.

Also, appreciate your time to visit us in the CDMA forums and I thank the other users that complied the issues list for you ahead of time.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

NRG - To be honest, I am not sure how much better that you can make any Windows 6.5.X ROM. You've already made it so good. I'm not looking forward to Windows 7. I am looking forward to:
* Faster processors
* Camera on the front of the phone for video chat (and flash on the back)
* Microsoft to make it easier for folks to develop apps for Windows Mobile
* Developers to create some new killer apps for Windows Mobile
* An EnergyRom flash-a-holics party in Vegas
* Better radio reception
* FM Radio (yes, I know we don't have it on CDMA), so I can listen to NFL games when I am at my son's soccer games
* A cure for baldness (those guys from the HairClub / Bosley freak me out!)

Kudos
Old 11-04-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

@NRG (You are amazing!) Do you have any plans for updating the titanium ROM? I just started using SPB and would love to see a upgrade since I use it with the shell. With all the changes I am almost ALWAYS over 100MB free RAM which is amazing. Thanks for all that you do!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

IIVisionII is a n00b

Since so many problems are being addressed. I figured i'd ask this one. Is anyone else's TP2 taking a long time to check email? For example, if i hit send receive, it can take minutes to download one email message, so its very annoying checking or sending emails manually. I don't know if I have some setting wrong, if its part of the rom, or what else.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development