View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Here's an idea... since I run a beta group on dropbox.. where I share files, ideas, etc with other energyrom users.... How about a roundup of the most knowledgeable users in this thread ? Maybe you guys can join my beta group on dropbox.com and we can work together to test and release better ROMs ? It's a lot better than me doing it on my own
Sounds like a kewl idea. Even though I've been lurking for a long time, if there are not enough other folks with under the hood knowledge (eg, hunting through the registry + diffs, creating scripts to work around issues, etc)... I'm game to help in some capacity from that angle. I also have a Sprint TP2 unit that I use for testing Winmo ROMs along with the Android ports when I have spare time.

Quote:
3. Fix BT hangup issue, also: #27590, also #27596, ... tons of them

I will need to test this with a device that's actually exhibiting this problem. Anyone wanna send one my way ? Not like you can use it with my ROM at the moment anyway, right ? lol i know.. bad joke..
For me the quickest way to reproduce this is:
1. have BT active connection to a headset (Jawbone ICON or BlueAnt T1 for me can do it)
2. just do some kind of data transfer, eg use google maps
3. make a call to voicemail
4. try to hang up via the BT headset disconnect button/function.
5. Jawbone may hang up after the 2nd or 3rd try - sometimes. The T1 usually does on the 2nd try.

There are other scenarios that many other threads document...

Per our prior PMs, I plan to still send you a Jawbone ICON from a warranty exchange whenever it comes in.

There is some kind of weird interaction with an active #777 EVDO data connection and when the Sprint TP2s makes the switch to 1x mode to make a call when a BT headset is actively used. When the BT headset sends the command back for a "hang up" request, something does not get recognized/triggered. I started to compare the WIDCOMM registry entries of a stock Sprint 6.5 ROM I've used to my current settings... I'll have to follow up later on that. Of course, I may be totally off base given what I've read in other threads here and on XDA.

Quote:
8. Fix Quick GPS to auto update when checked. Not working (many, many posts)

Seems to work fine for me and from what I read in the thread it seems to work for other people as well. Is this really that big a deal ? Just update manually when, and if you ever do...
I've been finding I have to enable the update while ROAMING for my Quick GPS to auto update even if I am in a Sprint 3G area - it could be I am in an affiliate area and not native Sprint 3G. Not sure what others have for their update settings. All of my settings are setup in XDA_UC to enable the update + roaming now. Prior to that ROMs for the past few months appeared to "not" auto update for me, and it seems for others.

Quote:
Read my responses in red.. above
12. Fix contact pics in dialer: Monfro 27471, #27407

I will try to implement a GSM dialer in the ROM to see if it makes this better. I'm getting mixed responses on twitter from people saying they DO get pictures while other people say they don't. I THINK it might be a carrier thing, or maybe people that apply sometime of carrier provisioning cab don't get them anymore. I know for a fact they work fine in a "virgin" ROM.
I rarely use the built in dialer as is... I install various Sprint Devotion color dialer CABs and those will display the contact picture on making or receiving a call. Based on the CABs, those install phcanimagesX.dlls so I have not had a chance to see if that was making a difference for me. I do have your energy_sprint.cab provisioning cab run at XDA_UC install time as well.

Note that no contact images are shown in the dialer history/pick list though for me.

As a side note all of my comments above are valid for the ROM I use on quite a few Sprint TP2 units (family+friends):
Energy.RHODCDMA.21683.Sense2.5.Cookie.Oct.25
I have not flashed to Nov.2 yet on any devices I have access to.

Also, appreciate your time to visit us in the CDMA forums and I thank the other users that complied the issues list for you ahead of time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.