PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 6| 21911|23673 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
The reason why My Location sometimes needs you to be connected initially to the internet VIA SYNC is because... for whatever reason... the satellite info for GPS won't update the very first time unless you're synced. After that it's fine. Don't ask me.
If I'm not mistaken - and I've read it here many times - the information for "my location" is not gps based, rather it is info obtained from the cell towers that you are connected to.

For instance, "my location" shows me in chattanooga but my GPS shows me in the correct location in Knoxville where I live. Also, since i have an airave as my "cell tower" at home, its current connection is to a server in chattanooga. Last month it was Atlanta.

However, it doesn't hurt to try updating quick GPS.

You also want to make sure that location services are turned on as well.

And finally, you must make sure that location services is turned on:

Start > Settings > system > Location Settings. Tap the on/off button to turn it on and also make sure the "HTC" location Service box is checked.

Hope that helps.

David
Old 08-07-2010, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (SPRINT)
Carrier: T-Mobile

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Stab,

Ok, I'll take a stab at it (pun intended).

First, have you run the carrier provisioning?

Second, Do you have an airave? (femtocell?

I had the problems a couple times about the data not available and it was usually cured with a soft reset. However, I have run the carrier provisioning right after the ROM finished flashing.

I have an airave at home and up until recently, my location never updated. Now when I'm at home it says I'm in Chattanooga (about 100 miles south of me). No biggie because I have also manually set my weather to Knoxville - which does update regularly.

EDIT: just realized that your profile lists you as T-mobile so it is unlikely that you have an airave.

David
No airave. Wouldn't need it anyways since Sprint would be really strong where I live if I was actually using it on Sprint (like I'm supposed to...). And no I didn't run carrier provisioning either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
If you go into GPS > QuickGPS, Download - does it successfully download the satellites data?

BTW, are you on 21xxx or 23xxx ROM?
QuickGPS does download, but as said before, My Location doesn't seem to be based off of GPS. I read somewhere on a Touch HD forum that it is based on your IP address. And I'm on 23XXX ROM.

Hmm... For some reason my Hong Kong data isn't downloading either. Maybe it's a problem on HTC's end.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stab244 View Post
No airave. Wouldn't need it anyways since Sprint would be really strong where I live if I was actually using it on Sprint (like I'm supposed to...). And no I didn't run carrier provisioning either.

QuickGPS does download, but as said before, My Location doesn't seem to be based off of GPS. I read somewhere on a Touch HD forum that it is based on your IP address. And I'm on 23XXX ROM.

Hmm... For some reason my Hong Kong data isn't downloading either. Maybe it's a problem on HTC's end.

Stabb, read my post above yours about turning HTC location on.

David
Old 08-07-2010, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Just wanted to clarify about NRG's mail tab fix I posted here is for Maxsense and GTX ROMs dated 8/6 ONLY, NRG said in his twitter that he's posting fixed Maxsense and GTX ROMs dated 8/7
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Stabb, read my post above yours about turning HTC location on.

David
I fixed My Location now... Hong Kong doesn't seem to want to refresh though. It works totally fine without Hong Kong in my list. Does anyone else want to see if Hong Kong works on their phone?

Maybe it doesn't like Hong Kong because I didn't take my TP2 with me to Hong Kong a few weeks ago.

Last edited by stab244; 08-07-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Got the wrong "there"...
Old 08-07-2010, 09:37 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stab244 View Post
I fixed My Location now... Hong Kong doesn't seem to want to refresh though. It works totally fine without Hong Kong in my list. Does anyone else want to see if Hong Kong works on their phone?

Maybe it doesn't like Hong Kong because I didn't take my TP2 with me to Hong Kong a few weeks ago.
Interesting, something about HK. It doesn't work for me either. And just for kicks, I tried Singapore and Macau. No go either.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Interesting, something about HK. It doesn't work for me either. And just for kicks, I tried Singapore and Macau. No go either.
Okay so it's not just me. HK does work if you go to the AccuWeather page though.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Do the new NRG maxsense roms have the 90mb free at boot?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
Do the new NRG maxsense roms have the 90mb free at boot?

i hope so, but i doubt it. Bignadad's rom may have a lot of free ram, but the last time i used it, it was slow as shit and really unstable.

Any eta on today's MaxSense???????

(P.S. love u NRG)

Last edited by sprinttouch666; 08-07-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:57 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Hey NRG,
Both of the latest 7/14 Titanium ROMs are missing the HTC Youtube player and the battery meter stays on 100% all the time.
Any plans to update? I want to use it for SPB MS.
Thanks man!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development