View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 06:40 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 6| 21911|23673 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
The reason why My Location sometimes needs you to be connected initially to the internet VIA SYNC is because... for whatever reason... the satellite info for GPS won't update the very first time unless you're synced. After that it's fine. Don't ask me.
If I'm not mistaken - and I've read it here many times - the information for "my location" is not gps based, rather it is info obtained from the cell towers that you are connected to.

For instance, "my location" shows me in chattanooga but my GPS shows me in the correct location in Knoxville where I live. Also, since i have an airave as my "cell tower" at home, its current connection is to a server in chattanooga. Last month it was Atlanta.

However, it doesn't hurt to try updating quick GPS.

You also want to make sure that location services are turned on as well.

And finally, you must make sure that location services is turned on:

Start > Settings > system > Location Settings. Tap the on/off button to turn it on and also make sure the "HTC" location Service box is checked.

Hope that helps.

David