PPCGeeks Regular

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 6| 21911|23673 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Stab,

Ok, I'll take a stab at it (pun intended).

First, have you run the carrier provisioning?

Second, Do you have an airave? (femtocell?

I had the problems a couple times about the data not available and it was usually cured with a soft reset. However, I have run the carrier provisioning right after the ROM finished flashing.

I have an airave at home and up until recently, my location never updated. Now when I'm at home it says I'm in Chattanooga (about 100 miles south of me). No biggie because I have also manually set my weather to Knoxville - which does update regularly.

EDIT: just realized that your profile lists you as T-mobile so it is unlikely that you have an airave.

David
No airave. Wouldn't need it anyways since Sprint would be really strong where I live if I was actually using it on Sprint (like I'm supposed to...). And no I didn't run carrier provisioning either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
If you go into GPS > QuickGPS, Download - does it successfully download the satellites data?

BTW, are you on 21xxx or 23xxx ROM?
QuickGPS does download, but as said before, My Location doesn't seem to be based off of GPS. I read somewhere on a Touch HD forum that it is based on your IP address. And I'm on 23XXX ROM.

Hmm... For some reason my Hong Kong data isn't downloading either. Maybe it's a problem on HTC's end.