PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 01:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

overclock at 748 and runnin 8/10 build is runnin crazily fast and smooth
Old 08-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium.23129.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass.Aug.13

kid icarus is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

does anyone kno the registry location to increase the tactile feedback for the onscreen qwerty keyboard?
Old 08-16-2010, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budmannc View Post
Actually it's 15096 for the latest prl, but you need to flash the newest USCC Rom to get it. This will allow you to roam on EVDO. TouchPro2's need this new radio and pri to EVDO roam. You can find the updated rom in the official rom forums above this forum.

I flashed the official rom and did a *228, made sure I had prl 15096 and pri 2.43_027. I then flashed an Energy rom.
Interesting twist, due to a few glitches in the last few flashes, this time I did an old fashioned flash dance and formated my card. Since I had gone to stock (and did a *228 )I checked my latest PRL and found it was 17098 (thats not a typo, it starts with 17). Thanks for the heads up. I normally roam about 4 hours a day so I will try and find 15096 and see if it gives me EV.

Edit: my PRI 1.63_027, is there a way to manually change that?

Edit 2: I guess I need to read more carefully . What is the latest USCC rom release?

Last edited by swlaraut; 08-16-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyounot View Post
I've flashed several times and I have never used task 29. Why even both using task 29 if you're reflashing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyounot View Post
it can't be uninstalled. it's not listed as a program that can be removed. too bad some people don't try to be more helpful.

MR NRG, Can you please remove CityID from future ROMs, thanks!
I am not sure how to answer your first two questions seriously because I just don't know if you are just joking or not. Task 29 or flash dance as the method of default before each flashing was to prevent any remnant of previous roms tempering with the new one causing any stability issues. This is most commonly seen when going from a build to another very different build. A lot of the freezes and weird problems that users encounter can be fixed via task 29 or flash dance. In case you ask, flash dance = flash back to stock>Hard reset>new rom>HR. You can get lucky and have no problems from build to build but in case when you run into problems that only you seem to be having, then you should start thinking about doing those. You can actually uninstall the preloaded programs from the rom. There was a program posted a few days back with regards to this. Let me try to find it and post back, I'm sure Dave and some of the other regulars should know this on top of their heads.
EDIT: here is the post I found http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=22435
And the link to the exe file http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1281451829. For future reference, when you go to your user CP, click on the paper clip icon next to the thread title. You can find all the previous posted cabs and files there. Best of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid icarus View Post
does anyone kno the registry location to increase the tactile feedback for the onscreen qwerty keyboard?
You don't need regedit to disable or enable the tactile feedback when typing. go to your sense setting tab, select Locale and text, then go to Text input.
EDIT: sorry , it's late here. I wasn't reading it carefully. Need to look into that.

Last edited by tkedch; 08-16-2010 at 03:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire CDMA
Carrier: USCC

budmannc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Interesting twist, due to a few glitches in the last few flashes, this time I did an old fashioned flash dance and formated my card. Since I had gone to stock (and did a *228 )I checked my latest PRL and found it was 17098 (thats not a typo, it starts with 17). Thanks for the heads up. I normally roam about 4 hours a day so I will try and find 15096 and see if it gives me EV.

Edit: my PRI 1.63_027, is there a way to manually change that?

Edit 2: I guess I need to read more carefully . What is the latest USCC rom release?
Go to the Stock ROM Collection thread to post #299 and follow the link. I downloaded the updated rom and flashed it. That will include the updated radio and updated pri. You need these to get the latest prl. After flashing the USCC rom and doing a *228 to update to 15906, you can flash back to an Energy rom and you will still have the updated prl and pri. You should then be able to roam on EVDO where USCC has made an agreement.

I tried to update the pri without flashing the whole thing and for whatever reason things didn't go smoothly. Things worked great when I flashed the whole updated USCC rom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
I keep getting a malware detected almost every time I visit a thread, and it has to do with energyroms according to the message.

Can you please check the general discussion forum for specifics, this way you can figure out what needs to be done to fix it.
Thanks!
If you are talking about the threads here on ppcgeeks, you need to send a PM to mindfrost, the administrator for the website.

The site uses "targeted" ass so the ads you see may be different thna the ones I see. They had a problem a few months ago with some bad advertising that was causing that problem.

In the meantime, emty your web browsers cache and do a malware scan on your computer.

Hope that helps.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Hey DaveTN...

You ready for the ride?! Ha! Cause your going VIP right now........ so buckle up.
10, 9, 8, 7.... Just don't forget about us poor slobs!

So I miss a couple days & I'm 20 pages behind?!

BTW... After getting you VIP, I'm reflashing to pp16, Windows can manage GPS OK, but NOT RAM!!! Zero is just not giving back the RAM...
Thanks!

And yes, my friend, I am overclocking now. Nothing big, just playing it safe at 710, but NRG ROM 8/13 CHT 23xxx is screaming. Love it!

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Thanks!

And yes, my friend, I am overclocking now. Nothing big, just playing it safe at 710, but NRG ROM 8/13 CHT 23xxx is screaming. Love it!

David
Congrats bro on the VIP status, and yeah don't forget about us low life people lol, j/k of course, good job bro!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Thanks!

David
no worries mate! Your patience is admirable!!

710 is all you need... just most of us get that adrenaline rush & just 'gotta have more! Kinda like a drug??

If i'm out all day on battery I back it down 2 (748-710) & on cord in office run @ 748... seems best.

IMO.. for what it's worth...
Good way to tell how good the manufacture run & mojo (silicone) in your chip is to only install msm7kcpu & move slider until dot stops blinking that's your max, the next down will usually work but is too unstable to depend on (especially on battery) & the next down is usually what I peek on... My other TP2 does over 800! (wife won't give it up... no pun intended)

Also Dave, i'd like to put a link to your link in my start to end thread (you mentioned the other day) if you don't mind.. I had a bunch of things I was going to update & put in there, but you have many/most of them in yours... if you don't mind, then I don't have to duplicate efforts...
here's the link again: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127037

Last edited by teradog; 08-16-2010 at 09:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chaosbuzz is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 6| 21911|23673 * Sense 2017

Hey guys-I am having the same problem as most-sense won't load after phone is on charger. Also, how to I add MMS back-I have an arcsoft cab but it is from 2/10 and it doesn't work. Where can I get the newest arcsoft?
Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development