View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:26 AM
tkedch
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyounot View Post
I've flashed several times and I have never used task 29. Why even both using task 29 if you're reflashing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyounot View Post
it can't be uninstalled. it's not listed as a program that can be removed. too bad some people don't try to be more helpful.

MR NRG, Can you please remove CityID from future ROMs, thanks!
I am not sure how to answer your first two questions seriously because I just don't know if you are just joking or not. Task 29 or flash dance as the method of default before each flashing was to prevent any remnant of previous roms tempering with the new one causing any stability issues. This is most commonly seen when going from a build to another very different build. A lot of the freezes and weird problems that users encounter can be fixed via task 29 or flash dance. In case you ask, flash dance = flash back to stock>Hard reset>new rom>HR. You can get lucky and have no problems from build to build but in case when you run into problems that only you seem to be having, then you should start thinking about doing those. You can actually uninstall the preloaded programs from the rom. There was a program posted a few days back with regards to this. Let me try to find it and post back, I'm sure Dave and some of the other regulars should know this on top of their heads.
EDIT: here is the post I found http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=22435
And the link to the exe file http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1281451829. For future reference, when you go to your user CP, click on the paper clip icon next to the thread title. You can find all the previous posted cabs and files there. Best of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid icarus View Post
does anyone kno the registry location to increase the tactile feedback for the onscreen qwerty keyboard?
You don't need regedit to disable or enable the tactile feedback when typing. go to your sense setting tab, select Locale and text, then go to Text input.
EDIT: sorry , it's late here. I wasn't reading it carefully. Need to look into that.

Last edited by tkedch; 08-16-2010 at 03:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.