PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Thanks for the new rom! Everything checks out for the most part. It's a bummer that the terribly sluggish "sunny" animation is back. It has been awesome on the last 2 builds. Now it's back to making everything crawl.

Very fast, very cool. Nice to have the docs tab back!

Old 03-07-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Well it sounds like by the looks of things being posted so far, that updating to the newer ROMS may cause as much trouble as benefit. While being specially tweaked for the Sprint Rhodium 400 device which is what I have, I am not seeing where the improvements are. The keyboard still seems to be off by default, the MMS still needs a fix and it sounds like provisioning is still sketchy. So until a ROM comes along with either some really cool UI additions, or a Sprint specific version hits that has everything regarding keyboard, data, MMS, SMS, active sync working right without any hotfix or additional cabs, I think I am going to stick with my 21892 Feb 26th version with the cookie 1.6 installed via cab file. It is all set up and working quite well and I am very geeked with what I have already. But still I am impressed with the work and effort NRGZ28 keeps throwing at updating these ROMS to quickly try to stay on top of things, and I have sent a donation to show a little appreciation.

I think the only thing I don't have working is the MMS and the new ROMs aren't any better. And I really don't know what I should do exactly to fix it at this point. I have seen so many different posts regarding this with so many various solutions, including having to go in and configure settings manually. While others seem to indicate that it works for them without having to do anything. And to be honest, I'm not sure where to start. I know if I take a picture and then attempt to send it via MMS, it tells me that the picture is too big that it can only be 300k. I know there is a cab called Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5mb size cab to increase the size limit. And I also know there is a MMS Fix 2.1 Sprint cab and a MRX Sprint cab but I am just now sure which ones to use or what combination.

Anyway NRGZ28 keep up the great work, and I will support along the way from time to time.=D>
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 03-07-2010, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
I think the only thing I don't have working is the MMS and the new ROMs aren't any better. And I really don't know what I should do exactly to fix it at this point. I have seen so many different posts regarding this with so many various solutions, including having to go in and configure settings manually. While others seem to indicate that it works for them without having to do anything. And to be honest, I'm not sure where to start. I know if I take a picture and then attempt to send it via MMS, it tells me that the picture is too big that it can only be 300k. I know there is a cab called Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5mb size cab to increase the size limit. And I also know there is a MMS Fix 2.1 Sprint cab and a MRX Sprint cab but I am just now sure which ones to use or what combination.

Anyway NRGZ28 keep up the great work, and I will support along the way from time to time.=D>

I am on Sprint and made this reg edit (no cab install) and it worked perfect... sets to 5mb and no issues with the sms notifications hanging around. I can also send from either the sms tab or the album.

For Sprint users to get MMS working?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms" (without "")
Change all 4 WAP key values to "5120000" (without "")

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC2
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms (without "")
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!

Last edited by Riptide9; 03-07-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

conkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good work
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Gotta agree with that... sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Well wait a second, there's a few stipulations to those statements. The main one being that he was giving us a rom not necessarily made for the phone. As I recall, he just got his hands on a Sprint TP2... most undoubtably a mirror image of the one sitting 1 foot in front of me. This being the case, don't you believe that people are thinking maybe this will be a better rom in the future (hard to do, I know) for the TP2 now that it's actually being built for one? I think we're more looking for info on how HE thinks his rom functions these days for daily use. I'm pretty sure an update will already be in the mix as with any chef aquiring a new toy.

Secondly, if there are so many ways to improve battery life and memory usage, why don't you just post a list of cab names... not even links, just the names, and be a hero instead of posting "it can be done" statements to make everyone spend a day reading 1500 pages to find 3 things that work, and 30 that don't?

"What be your secret kimosabe?"

Edit: Wow, you stop to eat one taco...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:47 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just came back to energy after browsing around other roms for a while. but i realized that energyrom isn't like before. it's getting more and mroe bloated with a lot of stuff. bunch of apps, bunch of tweaks. things starting to colliding with each other. RAM usage is outrageous. i boot with 68% usage. after an hr, it becomes @ 75%.

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
just came back to energy after browsing around other roms for a while. but i realized that energyrom isn't like before. it's getting more and mroe bloated with a lot of stuff. bunch of apps, bunch of tweaks. things starting to colliding with each other. RAM usage is outrageous. i boot with 68% usage. after an hr, it becomes @ 75%.
Plus the higher pagepool on the latest rom brings the ram usage way high. Memmory management has been an issue with this rom along with poor battery life. Does any one think that the battery issue is directly related to a high program memmory usage?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
I am on Sprint and made this reg edit (no cab install) and it worked perfect... sets to 5mb and no issues with the sms notifications hanging around. I can also send from either the sms tab or the album.

For Sprint users to get MMS working?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms" (without "")

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC2
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms (without "")
Ok thanks. I have made the changes indicated and I was able to complete sending a photo taken using MMS. However I sent it to myself and have not received anything yet. Don't know if I will.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

conkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good work

Starting an NRG battery thread so we can post our logs of how we get best battery performance -- doing a little testing today inbetween grading and will post results --- plz do the same if you have a specific method of getting some solid battery life

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113321

Hope we can all agree this is useful and will work together on this one!

Last edited by conkid; 03-07-2010 at 06:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkid View Post
Starting an NRG battery thread so we can post our logs of how we get best battery performance -- doing a little testing today inbetween grading and will post results --- plz do the same if you have a specific method of getting some solid battery life

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113321
I agree, the battery issue needs its own sub thread within this thread
Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Beano is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
just came back to energy after browsing around other roms for a while. but i realized that energy rom isn't like before. it's getting more and more bloated with a lot of stuff. bunch of apps, bunch of tweaks. things starting to colliding with each other. RAM usage is outrageous. i boot with 68% usage. after an hr, it becomes @ 75%.
I'm getting the exact same thing. Despite the battery consumption and RAM usage, this is probably the best ROM I have run into (I'm using the March 05 23542 Build). But yes, it does have a lot of bloat (most of it useful, but still bloat). Does anyone know a good startup manager I can install to turn some processes and services off (or is there one already installed)? I have my college finals next week and I haven't had a lot of time to look around.

I will try that MMS fix and see what comes of it.

Edit: Found a program called "CleanRAM" (Thanks to HTC addicts). Not the greatest and doesn't free up a miracle's amount of RAM, but it will get me by for now.

http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...oad-74823.html

Last edited by Beano; 03-07-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: found fix

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development