View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Beano
Lurker

Beano is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
just came back to energy after browsing around other roms for a while. but i realized that energy rom isn't like before. it's getting more and more bloated with a lot of stuff. bunch of apps, bunch of tweaks. things starting to colliding with each other. RAM usage is outrageous. i boot with 68% usage. after an hr, it becomes @ 75%.
I'm getting the exact same thing. Despite the battery consumption and RAM usage, this is probably the best ROM I have run into (I'm using the March 05 23542 Build). But yes, it does have a lot of bloat (most of it useful, but still bloat). Does anyone know a good startup manager I can install to turn some processes and services off (or is there one already installed)? I have my college finals next week and I haven't had a lot of time to look around.

I will try that MMS fix and see what comes of it.

Edit: Found a program called "CleanRAM" (Thanks to HTC addicts). Not the greatest and doesn't free up a miracle's amount of RAM, but it will get me by for now.

http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...oad-74823.html

Last edited by Beano; 03-07-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: found fix