PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

trutogirls is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Did you try soft reset?

Yeah tried that does nothing it comes back with an erro its like its not connecting to the server
Old 03-12-2010, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
ummm.... PUNCH ROM!?
Dang it! I've missed two of them!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutogirls View Post
Yeah tried that does nothing it comes back with an erro its like its not connecting to the server

I'm running my phone with e-mail set up on AOL right now, and it's working great. Did you install any cabs that effect push internet or anything to do with network? Sounds like a confliction to me. All I did was add account/aol mail/put in my password. Check your cabs and make sure data is on in the comm manager.

21895 CHT by the way.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutogirls View Post
I'd re-enter your password. If you use the hardware keyboard make sure you use the keyboard fix. Also make sure you can connect to the internet.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Ok I am running the Feb 26th 21xxx ROM and want to move to the March 9th version. So PLEEEEEASE help me to get this right with hopfully no glitches like some of you have reported being able to do. I am using the Sprint TP2. So what exactly should I do immediately after the flash? Do I go to tools and run provisioning for Sprint or is it set in the ROM already? Do I need to run a keyboard fix cab anymore or not? What about MMS, do I need to run the MMS Fix (2.1) Sprint cab? The Sprint Arcsoft MMS cab?

Please guys, I want to get this up and running as clean as possible without adding unecessary cabs and things. I have read these posts and OMG everybody is saying something different, not to mention about a half dozen different carriers represented. So you rock solid Sprint gurus, please help me out.

Thanks,
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 03-13-2010, 12:16 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm still testing out the best mix of the USC / VZW drivers to use. When I find the best speed/no "sleep of death" combination, I will post new ROMs

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:38 AM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Ok I am running the Feb 26th 21xxx ROM and want to move to the March 9th version. So PLEEEEEASE help me to get this right with hopfully no glitches like some of you have reported being able to do. I am using the Sprint TP2. So what exactly should I do immediately after the flash? Do I go to tools and run provisioning for Sprint or is it set in the ROM already? Do I need to run a keyboard fix cab anymore or not? What about MMS, do I need to run the MMS Fix (2.1) Sprint cab? The Sprint Arcsoft MMS cab?

Please guys, I want to get this up and running as clean as possible without adding unecessary cabs and things. I have read these posts and OMG everybody is saying something different, not to mention about a half dozen different carriers represented. So you rock solid Sprint gurus, please help me out.

Thanks,
After you install the ROM, you will need to run the carrier provisioning in the Tools menu - it will say that Sprint is "on", but you need to click it anyway to really provision your phone. Once you do that, your MMS will work. You will still need the keyboard fix in post #4. This should be all you have to do (other than install your own personal cabs that you like).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:

Thanks,
Optional: Open Microsoft myphone in Start/tools and sync up with it. This is a great app so if you don't use it, you may want to check it out.

Clear storage, Flash Rom, Hard Reset as soon as the phone starts to power up by taking the battery out, unplugging the USB cable, reinstalling the battery and holding the power, send, and end key.

Now you have a clean slate. Start off by going into Start/tools/carrier provisioning and select your network. Click apply and let it finish and do its thing. Reset the phone if it doesn't do it automatically. Keep in mind that sprint is in the "on" position but will still need to be applied if you want it to install.

IGNORE THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH IF MMS IS WORKING. TEST IT FIRST.

This should be unnecessary with the new provisioning cab, however if you still don't have MMS install the required cab file from page 1. This should get you MMS. If it doesn't send at first, soft reset the phone. If it still doesn't send/recieve, open up Regedit in the tools menu and go to HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/MMSCSetting and make sure that the MmscURI (server address) is correct for your carrier in all three folders. It should be fine as you just ran the correct provisioning.

Next, install the required keyboard fix if necessary found in the first post of this thread. Should take immediately. No restart required.

If you used Microsoft Myphone, now is the time to log in to your account and let it sync.

You should now have energy working as well as MMS and all your contacts/texts. From here on, everything else is gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I'm still testing out the best mix of the USC / VZW drivers to use. When I find the best speed/no "sleep of death" combination, I will post new ROMs
Take your time buddy. I just finally finished setting THIS one up. I really need to learn how to use UC. Excellent work as always man.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-13-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Revision
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Wiggum2000 is a n00b

Quote:

Thanks,
I agree with this poster's questions/concerns. I've tried several different ROM's (Mighty, MalRom, and stock) and like Energy "Leo" the most. Mainly because of all the eye candy and useful tools included with it. But it still has probs, like freezes and non-responses to touch (just like the other roms). Are there other cabs to install to make for a smoother ride?

Thanks for sharing this custom ROM, just hoping I can get it to work flawlessly...
Am now going to try the CookieMonster version!
w
Old 03-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sliverr7x is keeping up the good worksliverr7x is keeping up the good work

Hey NRGZ have you figured out anything with the city and state caller ID program you had on the FEB 26 rom that was nice to have... Hope you can figure it out thanks....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development