PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf View Post
Ok everyone is trying to be helpful and there is a cab to make it 5mb to but really
PUNCH ROM !!!!!
Damn!! I was the first one to answer and completely missed that one.... DOH!!!

Nice one! Thanks Earned and Given!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:06 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
Here is the cab to increase the limit to 5mg.
I took a look at this cab and it seems like there is way too many registry entries included. The scope of the cab seems to go way beyond setting the limit and looks more like a direct registry export.

I don't know that this cab will actually cause any issues, but this is the sort of thing that has the potential to have unintended consequences. It would literally overwrite any setting changes and even the current message counts in MMS.

I am not trying to bash the author in any way as I think it is great when people share the things they get working for themselves, but wanted to talk about the issue so people are aware.

Too often I see people complaining about how things don't work and they blame the ROM. No ROM is perfect by any means, but in my experience it is usually the things you install that cause the most problems.

I recommend getting the habit of extracting CAB files and taking a look at what is being set in the _SETUP.XML files. If nothing else, you will learn a thing or two.

Soapbox is being put back in storage now...
Old 03-12-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

fivestargentleman is just getting started
Re: |RHODIUM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23016) ★ |SOON| ★Latest Manila 2.5!★ |

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post

Mad props to you...this ROM looks great but I have one question, how do you get the programs on the home screen like it is in the first pic?
Old 03-12-2010, 05:59 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I seem to be having small annoying glitches with the people tab. on 3-9 Cookie 6.5.x rom.

For some reason the contact pictures are playing musical chairs. Randomly the pictures for random people with switch. Most recently I had a picture of someone that was not even on my favorite people show up on a contact that was in my favorite people. The ones that are changing are facebook linked so that might have something to do with it. Its not permanently changing it, its only changing the favorite icon, I go into the contact and the picture is right. Im also using Google sync but I have been using that for almost a year and never had a issue.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
I took a look at this cab and it seems like there is way too many registry entries included. The scope of the cab seems to go way beyond setting the limit and looks more like a direct registry export.

I don't know that this cab will actually cause any issues, but this is the sort of thing that has the potential to have unintended consequences. It would literally overwrite any setting changes and even the current message counts in MMS.

I am not trying to bash the author in any way as I think it is great when people share the things they get working for themselves, but wanted to talk about the issue so people are aware.

Too often I see people complaining about how things don't work and they blame the ROM. No ROM is perfect by any means, but in my experience it is usually the things you install that cause the most problems.

I recommend getting the habit of extracting CAB files and taking a look at what is being set in the _SETUP.XML files. If nothing else, you will learn a thing or two.

Soapbox is being put back in storage now...

Amen to THAT!! =D>

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:35 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Re: |RHODIUM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23016) ★ |SOON| ★Latest Manila 2.5!★ |

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestargentleman View Post
Mad props to you...this ROM looks great but I have one question, how do you get the programs on the home screen like it is in the first pic?
Huge quoteage right there bro!

Uhhhmmmm best way to get programs on the homescreen....... FLASH IT!!! Those are quicklinks and they are standard to the Sense 2.5 homescreen.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbrian View Post
Yeah me too!!! After flashing to the latest NRG ROM, my Porsche turned into a Chevy...now I'm pissed.
Ya know... if I could label roms as cars. That's exactly what I would call this... a Chevy. Why so displeased with your upgrade? I take it you only stay on the main roads? Want smooth sailing with no curves or potholes, try out mighty's 2.1 rom. I'm goin for a f'in ride. If I break something, I'll fix it.

That being said, did we ever find an answer to the hdwalls for 2012 issue, or is my lower intake gasket still blown?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

MAD MAD props NRGZ... this ROM is by far the fastest.. but on my phone, it KILLS battery worse than others LOL .. (I know i sound like a parrot hahaha)..

the feb 26 maxmanila was GREAT on battery. (if that helps).

I'm using the 23542 w/ max manila FWIW
Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
ungrateful? for what? that people who beta test to get the latest and don't do anything to help out the community? How about you people are ungrateful for only wanting the latest and greatest and not doing anything to help make this rom better. I feel for NRG sometimes great roms but the people that help test them plain suck
How do you know that you are not the beta tester?????
Old 03-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
mad mad props nrgz... This rom is by far the fastest.. But on my phone, it kills battery worse than others lol .. (i know i sound like a parrot hahaha)..

The feb 26 maxmanila was great on battery. (if that helps).

I'm using the 23542 w/ max manila fwiw

ummm.... PUNCH ROM!?

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-12-2010 at 08:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development