View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:06 PM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
Here is the cab to increase the limit to 5mg.
I took a look at this cab and it seems like there is way too many registry entries included. The scope of the cab seems to go way beyond setting the limit and looks more like a direct registry export.

I don't know that this cab will actually cause any issues, but this is the sort of thing that has the potential to have unintended consequences. It would literally overwrite any setting changes and even the current message counts in MMS.

I am not trying to bash the author in any way as I think it is great when people share the things they get working for themselves, but wanted to talk about the issue so people are aware.

Too often I see people complaining about how things don't work and they blame the ROM. No ROM is perfect by any means, but in my experience it is usually the things you install that cause the most problems.

I recommend getting the habit of extracting CAB files and taking a look at what is being set in the _SETUP.XML files. If nothing else, you will learn a thing or two.

Soapbox is being put back in storage now...