View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Boominsvx
Regular 'Geeker

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Ok I am running the Feb 26th 21xxx ROM and want to move to the March 9th version. So PLEEEEEASE help me to get this right with hopfully no glitches like some of you have reported being able to do. I am using the Sprint TP2. So what exactly should I do immediately after the flash? Do I go to tools and run provisioning for Sprint or is it set in the ROM already? Do I need to run a keyboard fix cab anymore or not? What about MMS, do I need to run the MMS Fix (2.1) Sprint cab? The Sprint Arcsoft MMS cab?

Please guys, I want to get this up and running as clean as possible without adding unecessary cabs and things. I have read these posts and OMG everybody is saying something different, not to mention about a half dozen different carriers represented. So you rock solid Sprint gurus, please help me out.

Thanks,
Optional: Open Microsoft myphone in Start/tools and sync up with it. This is a great app so if you don't use it, you may want to check it out.

Clear storage, Flash Rom, Hard Reset as soon as the phone starts to power up by taking the battery out, unplugging the USB cable, reinstalling the battery and holding the power, send, and end key.

Now you have a clean slate. Start off by going into Start/tools/carrier provisioning and select your network. Click apply and let it finish and do its thing. Reset the phone if it doesn't do it automatically. Keep in mind that sprint is in the "on" position but will still need to be applied if you want it to install.

IGNORE THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH IF MMS IS WORKING. TEST IT FIRST.

This should be unnecessary with the new provisioning cab, however if you still don't have MMS install the required cab file from page 1. This should get you MMS. If it doesn't send at first, soft reset the phone. If it still doesn't send/recieve, open up Regedit in the tools menu and go to HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/MMSCSetting and make sure that the MmscURI (server address) is correct for your carrier in all three folders. It should be fine as you just ran the correct provisioning.

Next, install the required keyboard fix if necessary found in the first post of this thread. Should take immediately. No restart required.

If you used Microsoft Myphone, now is the time to log in to your account and let it sync.

You should now have energy working as well as MMS and all your contacts/texts. From here on, everything else is gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I'm still testing out the best mix of the USC / VZW drivers to use. When I find the best speed/no "sleep of death" combination, I will post new ROMs
Take your time buddy. I just finally finished setting THIS one up. I really need to learn how to use UC. Excellent work as always man.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-13-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Revision
This post has been thanked 1 times.