PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@
Carrier: Sprint

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Jan 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

What is the deal with sms on this latest release? I have never had this problem before and it's quite aggrivating since all I do is text all day and cannot send with this rom. I've been on NRG roms forever and never had this issue. MMS is working great.. but I can only recieve sms. If I try to send it does not let me?? I can't be the only one having this..?...

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

Old 01-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

? for anyone my touch pro2 has in the security check sim is unlocked for world use
do i still have to get the cid sim unlocker to run radios ? what is dif one from another
i talk to sprint and they gave me the sim card unlocked for world used ?? anyone can help me here
Old 01-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Almost a VIP

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i check my phone and it says
(your phone is Sim unlocked )
anyone please help here do i need to do the Sim unlocker again ?? iam lost here
any chefs can help me here ???
Old 01-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Not unless you need to take it in for repair and if so dont forget to put back on the stock rom 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Buhh on the camera forgot lol.

No it's my outgoing, i didnt even notice till i was asked if i sent a message last night or this morning..

I havent used sms. when i set up the mms.. i dont have access to sms apparently lol. but thats ok. im able to send large pics now. not restricted to 300k
My outgoing timestamp is fine too. Double check your timezone and make sure youre not 12 hrs off. Other than that I dont know why it would show am instead of pm. Also, thats crazy that enabling mms disables sms. Anyone else having that issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyeoneal View Post
What is the deal with sms on this latest release? I have never had this problem before and it's quite aggrivating since all I do is text all day and cannot send with this rom. I've been on NRG roms forever and never had this issue. MMS is working great.. but I can only recieve sms. If I try to send it does not let me?? I can't be the only one having this..?...
Well it looks like johnny may be having that issue lol. Im not and Im gonna assume most other people arent or else it would be more widely posted so its probably not a rom issue. And you guys are on different carriers so not a server issue. Must be something you installed. What build(s) are you running?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
If your phone is sim unlocked you dont need to sim unlock it again. If youre trying to flash a rom you need to have security unlocked tho. Thats the free one thats stickied to the forum.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Not entirely true..

to use the hardspl you need it unlocked due to who made the program n the fact they use radio to know who's unlocking and how many times etc. once you use the hardspl then you dont really need to relock its kind of pointless. putting the phone in airplane mode actually unlocks it. dont know if its a flaw but discovered that on stock rom before I unlocked mine for custom roms.

as far as locking it back up.. if like recently all you wanted to do was update the radio, it would need to be unlocked to do that.
I dont know of anyone that has relocked for the sake of relocking and if they have what effect it has on continuing rom changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
If your phone is sim unlocked you dont need to sim unlock it again. If youre trying to flash a rom you need to have security unlocked tho. Thats the free one thats stickied to the forum.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Almost a VIP

let me make it kind clear just got my tp2 from sprint it has not been unlocked
Hardspl i just ask sprint to unlocked my sim card couse i was traveling out of usa so they
unlocked it so now i have world phone used
but i dont know if i need to unlocked the sim with the cmonex cid sec unlocker the one i have to get after donating$$ or is it the same thing ???i know need to do the hardspl but sim???/
Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

RastaPasta is a n00b

Just installed the Jan25 23518, NRG roms keep getting better. Only problem I have had so far is no audio at all in the youtube app. All the previous posts I saw said to hard reset, but since I just set everything up and found this problem last has anyone else found a work around?

I had the same issue on Jan14 version, but a soft reset seemed to fix it. Not so much this time. Any help is appreciated

Rasta
Old 01-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

running the Jan25 23518 mm rom. its great but whats with the -1 voicemail and the lag in 1 txt clearing to no txts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development