PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

look at the mylookout mobile security (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...47#post2114121).

Free for backup to online source, does location of device as well (didn't seem to work when I tried it just a few minutes ago but might be my coverage that wasn't allowing the location to transmit).

Premium service gets you antivirus on the device.

Looks to be pretty complete replacement for My Phone service...even seems a little more robust as far as being to able to pick and choose what content to backup.

Believe it was HornDoctor that put the link up in the MS shutting down My Phone and Market place thread in the main TP2 section.

See Link here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post2113716

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

Last edited by PPCFreak; 06-10-2011 at 05:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

locomariachi is just getting started

Ok here's my issue, ever since the last may rom running cookie 2.0 senicity 21xx the phone's hard keyboard has been bugging out, i type "1" and get "2345(space)" i type "u" and get "ou0erpty" also, i type "." and ".ZX" is typed then the text message is exited and I get thrown back into the main inbox view of my texts. I flashed today to the stock, but have no problems in the stock rom. any suggestions?
Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when flashing to custom roms, are you doing Task 29 first? then the custom rom?

Also, as a rule of thumb, I have always Task29, then on first boot I do not let XDA_UC run. I do a Hard Reset. Then let XDA_UC run my cab/reg/provisioning files load.

I see you are on Sprint so the energy rom should have the correct keyboard mapping already set.

Also, may look over the Energy wiki pages to see if anyone else has posted strange hard keyboard and possible fixes as well.
Nrgz Wiki is linked in my signature.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:04 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; SAMSUNG; SGH-i917))

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomariachi
Ok here's my issue, ever since the last may rom running cookie 2.0 senicity 21xx the phone's hard keyboard has been bugging out, i type "1" and get "2345(space)" i type "u" and get "ou0erpty" also, i type "." and ".ZX" is typed then the text message is exited and I get thrown back into the main inbox view of my texts. I flashed today to the stock, but have no problems in the stock rom. any suggestions?
The last time someone posted something like this, it turned out to be hardware. You could always flash a stock rom to rule to know if it is hardware for sure. Obviously, the phone is not supposed to type multiple characters for every one you type. Not even a bad keyboard map would do that.

Good luck.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Where are the reference ROMs? I saw people mention it but I don't see it anywhere
Old 06-11-2011, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

locomariachi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; SAMSUNG; SGH-i917))

The last time someone posted something like this, it turned out to be hardware. You could always flash a stock rom to rule to know if it is hardware for sure. Obviously, the phone is not supposed to type multiple characters for every one you type. Not even a bad keyboard map would do that.

Good luck.
Yeah i flashed it back to stock, no problems so far, been running android and wm. so i'm kind of unsure what's up since the issue went away.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Where are the reference ROMs? I saw people mention it but I don't see it anywhere
Energy must have pulled them.

There were there at one time. Just looked and they are gone.

I didn't get a chance to pull them down so can't relink them for you...otherwise I would post them to my dropbox and link them to you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Agree. PIM Backup stored locally on SD card. I sync to My Phone currently and just installed Lookout Mobile Security (https://www.mylookout.com/) + doing PIM Backup to SD Card as well. can never have too many backups in my eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit24 View Post
What are some other good services to back you your phone other than PIM backup?
I use PIMBackup as well for most of what I need. I do PIMBackup->SDCard, then automate pushing it off device when I am at home via wi-fi to a local laptop via scheduled mortscript.

One app I use that I did not see mentioned via search of this thread is: activegcsync. It can do a two way sync to google for contacts and calendar. I use it instead of a direct exchange connection to google in order to support multiple calendars. Whereas google's exchange emulation only supports one calendar (last time I tried it). Note that the app has some minor issues, but is overall useful and usable. One item I run in to sometimes are time out issues if you have large sets of calendars and/or contact lists, but retries eventually go ok.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

Last edited by powinmo; 06-12-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Energy must have pulled them.

There were there at one time. Just looked and they are gone.

I didn't get a chance to pull them down so can't relink them for you...otherwise I would post them to my dropbox and link them to you.
Very odd they would go missing like that. Then again the June.01 CHT185 Leo ROMs are gone now too before some of us on the Leo forums could get them.

Hopefully someone else downloaded them and can post a mirror. Otherwise, guess we'll have to wait til the next round of updates
Old 06-12-2011, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900

chunnel is just getting started

I have two TP2's. Both on Verizon. One has Titanium, the other GTX. I have tried ohter flavours and I have tried both 29*** and 21***. Both have the same problems;
1st, they completely turn off for no reason.
2nd, they completely turn off when I push the keyboard back in, one did it every time I hit the top button which is used to turn the screen on and off (but after a reinstall, not it doesn't do that, but does it when I close the keyboard.
3rd, the Caps and Function keys do not work with the physical keyboard. If I want Caps or symbols I must use the on screen keyboard.

Does anyone have any solutions for this? I had no problems with Mighty ROM with the same phones. Nor do I have these problems when running Android off the SD card one either phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development