PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

One more little issue... the HTC Sense Music library seems to get corrupted frequently. Does not affect the Windows Player. There must be a library folder somewhere. Can you delete it safely and will it rebuild?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; SAMSUNG; SGH-i917))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy
One more little issue... the HTC Sense Music library seems to get corrupted frequently. Does not affect the Windows Player. There must be a library folder somewhere. Can you delete it safely and will it rebuild?
I copy it over from rom to rom, so I would think it would be safe to backup the file and delete it to test.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

PuckMercury is keeping up the good workPuckMercury is keeping up the good work

Thanks to all those who replied on the issue I posted (either directly or indirectly). I'll try the various suggestions soon and hopefully one will solve the issue.

I will say that I have gone as far as rebuilding the XML manually (not using Makisu as was the case when I first made it and it worked great) and never have run any "scripts" or custom cabs so I don't believe any scripting engine update is the cause of my particular issue at any rate. I thought I read previously that PIM backup could cause random settings to migrate and cause "odd" results so it was my intent to bypass such oddities with the XML each time.

Again, thanks for the suggestions and I'll post back with results soon.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

frozenbutt is keeping up the good workfrozenbutt is keeping up the good work

I flashed to the new Titanium and rushed and didn't do a task29. mistake. so I reflashed again today properly. I am installing cabs one at a time as I am not sure if some of them are already included in the rom. I tried installing a few small ones and got unsuccessful. Finally I tried crackwhores snooze options and got installation was unsuccessful. cannot be installed because it is not digitally installed with a trusted certificate.

I never had this problem before. I tried installing enable rapi but that didn't work either. I am not worried about certificates as I know the cabs I am installing.

How can I defeat this pita??

Thanks
Old 06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbutt View Post
I flashed to the new Titanium and rushed and didn't do a task29. mistake. so I reflashed again today properly. I am installing cabs one at a time as I am not sure if some of them are already included in the rom. I tried installing a few small ones and got unsuccessful. Finally I tried crackwhores snooze options and got installation was unsuccessful. cannot be installed because it is not digitally installed with a trusted certificate.

I never had this problem before. I tried installing enable rapi but that didn't work either. I am not worried about certificates as I know the cabs I am installing.

How can I defeat this pita??

Thanks
Try the sdkcerts.cab first (if not in the paperclip, try my public dropbox dl: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25712539/SdkCerts.cab)
If that doesn't help, I would think a bad flash....TASK29 again, then try the flash (possibly redownload the ROM first)?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

frozenbutt is keeping up the good workfrozenbutt is keeping up the good work

I grabbed the one from you. Thanks

Installation of SdkCerts.cab was unsuccessful.

wth

Strange. some cabs install no problem and some give me this error.

Your other thought of bad flash is looming bigger and bigger.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So i'm guessing the Titanium Rom isnt the most popular, but if anyone can tell my why the folder option in "Album" doesnt work I'd appreciate it. Right now I can't navigate within Album at all it only pulls up the "camera shots" folder.

Any help would be great.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
So i'm guessing the Titanium Rom isnt the most popular, but if anyone can tell my why the folder option in "Album" doesnt work I'd appreciate it. Right now I can't navigate within Album at all it only pulls up the "camera shots" folder.

Any help would be great.
I have not yet flashed the Titanium ROM. Getting setup to do this soon and run the IPT theme to try the Dream Phone setup.
I don't use much of the Sense features (the weather is probably the biggest) so thought I would try it out and see how much snappier the phone is with out the Sense bloat.

Will let you know what I see with the album.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

get a load of this Shut-down of Windows Marketplace for Mobile Web Site and My Phone Service Notification

June 8, 2011
Dear Windows Mobile 6.x customer:

Microsoft will be discontinuing the My Phone service for Windows Mobile 6.x. We will also be discontinuing the Windows Marketplace for Mobile web site. Because you may be affected, please review the details below:

Windows Marketplace for Mobile Web Site To Be Discontinued

The Windows Marketplace for Mobile web site at http://marketplace.windowsphone.com will no longer be available starting on July 15, 2011. After July 15, 2011, you will no longer be able to browse, buy or download applications for Windows Mobile 6.x phones via the Windows Marketplace for Mobile web site.

The Windows Marketplace for Mobile service will continue to be available on your phone, however. You will continue to be able to browse, buy and download applications for Windows Mobile 6.x on your phone.

My Phone To Be Discontinued

On August 7, 2011, the My Phone service will stop saving content from phones to the My Phone service. If you rely on the My Phone service to back-up the content on your Windows Mobile 6.x phone, you will be affected.

Starting on August 7, 2011, Microsoft will begin moving your My Phone content to Windows Live SkyDrive. SkyDrive is Microsoft's free online storage service that helps you access and share your files such as photos and Microsoft Office documents. Contacts, calendar entries, text messages and photos will be moved to SkyDrive for you. Once moved, you will be able to access this content by logging into SkyDrive using the Windows Live ID that you used to register for the My Phone service.

Other content types, including videos, music, documents and favorites will not be moved from My Phone to SkyDrive for you. If you want this content, you must save it from the My Phone service to your local PC.

On October 6, 2011, the My Phone web site at http://www.microsoft.com/myphone will no longer be available. On this date, you will no longer be able to log in to the My Phone service to access your content stored to the My Phone service. Microsoft will continue to store your My Phone content for one (1) year. Physical copies of your content can be shipped to you upon request until October 5, 2012.

Take Action

To learn more about the My Phone service shut-down, including information about your content moving to Windows Live SkyDrive and how to save other content to your local PC, please visit this web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2557520

Microsoft is committed to making this transition easy. In the meantime, we want to sincerely thank you for your use of Windows Mobile 6.x.

Â*-The Windows Phone Team
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Current: HTC EVO 3D; Retired: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Home: Sprint; Work = At & T

elektrik is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post

Any help would be great.
Not sure what you mean? I can view images via the 'album' link and the 'pictures and videos' link (yes I have the latest Titanium).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development