PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
@powinmo:
Yes I did run the Provision cab first thing.
That is why it was so puzzling.

I flashed Vin's Titanium ROM to test out another 21916 with IPhoneToday. Its okay but I prefer Nrgz roms when all the items are working correctly....
The ##Codes I can work around but the ReplyAll issue in Outlook I could not do without.
No worries, you are pretty good about due diligence when it comes to testing things out from what I've seen.

I kind of gave up using titanium when I play with IPT since it is less updated than the regular sets. I continue to use the energy standard roms (since NRGZ himself uses that set - hence hopefully better supported), and then just disable Sense when I want to run IPT for the memory footprint (eg, running GPS apps). Don't get near the sweet free memory size that teradog is able to squeeze out... but I have the option to go back to sense+cht when needed.

Just wondering if using the standard roms + IPT may make a difference for you under verizon?

Is the replyall issue under 21916 and/or 29020? I seem to remember the RhodGSM guys @ XDA having some kind of issue recently with replyall as well. I'll poke around over there later this weekend and see...
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ZTE Warp
Carrier: Boost Mobile

lascott7 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to lascott7 Send a message via Yahoo to lascott7 Send a message via Skype™ to lascott7
Unhappy Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Sounds like a bad memory card. (micro SD memory card). Swap it out if you can or reformat it and try again. Usually IT is the culprit in freezes, hangs and general slowness.

David
Mine did not have a sd card and I was told not to use it when I flashed my ROMs. It was fine when I had MaxSense ROM then wanted to get another ROM all because MaxSense does not do landscape mode. So I feel so screewed when I tried to flash my 3rd ROM on this touch pro 2. I am hoping someone can please help me asap!
"with God all things are possible" ~ St. Matthew 19:26
Who am I really?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShToKeR View Post
Running 29020 Since June 5th Maxsense Energy.... love it been running smooth and strong for 10 days now... no issues... music sense tab when rotated seems to lag juss for a split second but all is fine...Overclocked to 729 alwayz, ifinger n winmospeed cabs. THX everyone who made this rom possible! been running energy roms now for over a year or so.... been ruff start but once you learn to task 29 everytime , and set it up to install the radio you want... the flash works everytime, no issues.
Good review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lascott7 View Post
Mine did not have a sd card and I was told not to use it when I flashed my ROMs. It was fine when I had MaxSense ROM then wanted to get another ROM all because MaxSense does not do landscape mode. So I feel so screewed when I tried to flash my 3rd ROM on this touch pro 2. I am hoping someone can please help me asap!
Did you bother to search or read the wiki on how to better supply information so people can help? Searching would have shown that user KuShToKeR had no issues with the most recent MaxSense ROMs (and he nicely posts which version he tried), though he does not explicitly say he tried landscape mode. You did not mentioned which specific version you were trying in any of your posts so no one has any idea if you are trying an old version or not.

Take a deep breath and do more research (like check the actual MaxSense threads). Read up more or just flash back to a stock ROM (or another flavor) for a while until someone else using MaxSense posts. There are not alot of users that use it these days.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo
Quote:
@powinmo:
Yes I did run the Provision cab first thing.
That is why it was so puzzling.

I flashed Vin's Titanium ROM to test out another 21916 with IPhoneToday. Its okay but I prefer Nrgz roms when all the items are working correctly....
The ##Codes I can work around but the ReplyAll issue in Outlook I could not do without.
No worries, you are pretty good about due diligence when it comes to testing things out from what I've seen.

I kind of gave up using titanium when I play with IPT since it is less updated than the regular sets. I continue to use the energy standard roms (since NRGZ himself uses that set - hence hopefully better supported), and then just disable Sense when I want to run IPT for the memory footprint (eg, running GPS apps). Don't get near the sweet free memory size that teradog is able to squeeze out... but I have the option to go back to sense+cht when needed.

Just wondering if using the standard roms + IPT may make a difference for you under verizon?

Is the replyall issue under 21916 and/or 29020? I seem to remember the RhodGSM guys @ XDA having some kind of issue recently with replyall as well. I'll poke around over there later this weekend and see...
seems its only 21916. I flashed back to 29020 titanium and both the ##codes and replyall issue are fixed. just the 29020 has a little less free memory.
ran out of time but was going to edit the nbh to remove some programs I dont use and then try flashing......might get to that next week. work is getting in the way of flashing for now.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-24-2011, 10:00 PM
N00b

Send a message via MSN to lascott7 Send a message via Yahoo to lascott7 Send a message via Skype™ to lascott7

Ok I fixed my issue, I called HTC and I am blessed to see a rep who had a custom ROM on her phone and she told me what I can do: run bootloader (which I found out simply by hitting both the power and volume down buttons which came into the tri-color mode), then run the ROM you wanted (I had to try a different energy ROM like the Standard) and it was all good. The problem that was something I believe to do with my battery being low because while I was trying to do all of the troubleshooting it was around 32%. So I will wait until it goes back up to atleast 80% to try to flash to the Energy Dinik ROM again. Another thing I wanna know is, does the Energy Dinik ROM support landscape? I was trying to find screenshots of that, if someone can refer me to it I would be glad. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:04 PM
N00b

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

seems its only 21916. I flashed back to 29020 titanium and both the ##codes and replyall issue are fixed. just the 29020 has a little less free memory.
ran out of time but was going to edit the nbh to remove some programs I dont use and then try flashing......might get to that next week. work is getting in the way of flashing for now.
Hey I am new to the nbh thing. What does it do just remove programs only? And what's the difference between the 2 versions: 21916 and 21920? You said the 21920 run on less memory so maybe the 1st one is better? I think I ranned the energy Dinik ROM using the 21920 and my phone didn't take probably because of my battery was low. I was thinking about trying the 21916 then.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewardtx View Post
Shout out to the creator of NRG rom's....appreciate the hard work and your patience with dealing with our many problems =D>=D>=D>

Today i will be moving on to Android.....just received my Evo 3D from UPS but will still be using my Touch Pro 2 to tether for a couple of days....its been fun....really dont want to leave Windows but oh well
I am thinking about getting on that bandwagon myself but just still trying to enjoy my tp2 on Boost with energy ROM as much as I can for a little bit until Boost will get more Android phones. Or I may try putting xdAndroid on my tp2. I don't know for sure when though.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:47 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusetan View Post
can someone post up the sound effects that energy has in this rom? I love it, wanting mainly the transformers sounds, and would love the volume up/down sfx...
That would be sooo neat!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:52 PM
N00b

Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
Good review.

Did you bother to search or read the wiki on how to better supply information so people can help? Searching would have shown that user KuShToKeR had no issues with the most recent MaxSense ROMs (and he nicely posts which version he tried), though he does not explicitly say he tried landscape mode. You did not mentioned which specific version you were trying in any of your posts so no one has any idea if you are trying an old version or not.

Take a deep breath and do more research (like check the actual MaxSense threads). Read up more or just flash back to a stock ROM (or another flavor) for a while until someone else using MaxSense posts. There are not alot of users that use it these days.
OK first of all, I am new to this flashing thing so that's the reason why I couldn't say which version of MaxSense I was using. Secondly, I have an tp2 on winmo 6.1. So was doing some research but I did not know there was a wiki on here so now I know. I think the version of MaxSense I used was the version 29020 is that what you mean?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lascott7 View Post
OK first of all, I am new to this flashing thing so that's the reason why I couldn't say which version of MaxSense I was using. Secondly, I have an tp2 on winmo 6.1. So was doing some research but I did not know there was a wiki on here so now I know. I think the version of MaxSense I used was the version 29020 is that what you mean?
On the first 6 pages of this thread contains a lot of reading material to sift through, so it can be overwhelming. I would go back and review the first dozen or so posts by the original author (NRGZ). Some of those posts have additional links to other threads or wiki information that you may find very helpful in researching more about using your TP2 and custom ROMs. You have a learning curve ahead of you, no doubt. Please read up more first, do some searches on this thread and the forum in general, and then we can help you better.

Yes version 29020 is one of the items we ask for, and the date of the ROM. The only other user to post about June.5.2011 MaxSense said he had no issues, as I mentioned. Otherwise, I would suggest another flavor ROM for you to try and see if you like those instead. eg, Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jun.01 .7z is what I install for my users with great success.

Good luck.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development