PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Device Uptime script

Ok folks, I've been sitting on some of my dev scripts for a while now. Thought I'd finally post this here first for some comments before I post a general app/script thread over at XDA...

Script: Device Uptime Viewer
Version 0.3a

Purpose:
1. uptime logging utility
2. manage a log text file with timestamp (of last recorded boot time) in most recent order
3. retain last X timestamps for historical review, default to 20

I've needed a way to track my device's uptime, and also check on prior restarts/reboots.
The latter was useful if my device restarted for some unknown reason.

This is a MortScript that requires version 4.3 or better.

Installer information:
1. the .cab does not require any user interaction beyond the standard Windows Mobile installer (wceload.exe) prompts for, so it can be used in XDA_UC/S4X without an .auto file.

2. creates a local application directory on your local device or storage card depending on how you install it
eg, \Program Files\DeviceUptime or \Storage Card\Program Files\DeviceUptime

3. inserts a shortcut to the \Windows\Startup directory to run a small script on each boot that
a. updates a boot timestamp text file on the root of your device (\uptime.log.txt) - note that it intentionally ends in ".txt" so you can use any text editor to view it manually
b. prunes old boot timestamp entries
c. copies the log file to your Storage Card for archival purposes, if it detects a SD card present
d. if you just flashed a new ROM or did a hard reset, the first time the startup script is run it will check if you have an archived log file on your SD card and copy that as your initial log file. Useful to continue the uptime history tracking.

4. creates a shortcut in "\Windows\Start Menu\UpTime Viewer.lnk" to launch a basic MortScript menu based UI
a. you can view the current uptime statistics
b. you can view the last 20 boot timestamps in most recent order
c. about information
*** be sure to double tap the menu option, or tap once and then select the OK soft button - the UI limitations are due to MortScript **

5. There are no custom icons yet

6. automatically installs MortScript 4.3b15 to its local installation directory so it does not intefere if you have a certain default version of MortScript active.

Future items:
? Use JMLMenuSense for the UI if there is enough requests for it

FAQ:
a. if the script window or dialog box disappears, go to ArkSwitch or what ever task manager you use and bring the script back in to focus.
Depending on what you tap while the script painting a dialog box, etc it may be put in to the background.
b. the date format is DD/MM/YY. I may allow an option for different date formats later.

Credits: original author copenhagen @ XDA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot1.jpg (7.3 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screenshot2.jpg (12.7 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screenshot4.jpg (11.4 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screenshot5.jpg (7.4 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab device_uptime_v03a.cab (150.8 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

Last edited by powinmo; 06-25-2011 at 09:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusetan View Post
can someone post up the sound effects that energy has in this rom? I love it, wanting mainly the transformers sounds, and would love the volume up/down sfx...
Or you could help by learning how to use the tools to investigate the ROM. Google for HTCRIE in general or here on ppcgeeks. It was also mentioned in earlier posts in this thread. You can use that tool to find the various audio files (.mp3, .wma, .wav etc) and see which ones you like and extract them. Then maybe post for others that may be interested.

Our TP2 CDMA wiki does not mention HTCRIE explicitly because it is out of the scope of normal support. However, the paperclip has the .zip file for the tool. See the wiki on how to access the files in the paperclip.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lascott7 View Post
Hey I am new to the nbh thing. What does it do just remove programs only? And what's the difference between the 2 versions: 21916 and 21920? You said the 21920 run on less memory so maybe the 1st one is better? I think I ranned the energy Dinik ROM using the 21920 and my phone didn't take probably because of my battery was low. I was thinking about trying the 21916 then.
Differences are 21916 is WM6.5 and 29020 is WM6.5.3 (bottom left windows start key).

21916 is normally the most stable of the 2 as 29020 is the latest from the Windows Mobile builds and not always the most stable.

as a result, 21916 flavors take up less of the ROM memory.

Also, thru some tools, you can edit the .NBH file before flashing and take out some of the files you do not need/use (typically, .exe programs and images).
CAUTION: You need to ready up on the tools that do this and be careful of what files you remove from the image....some are hooked into other programs and you may not know it till after you flash and run the programs for the first time.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:20 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

powinmo, post 32043 mortscript timelog post should probably been a new thread in tp2 general form & mentioned with a link on a post here instead... "out of scope" not something you're doing to mod a ROM or menu on it... that said, good work, hit ur T-button.

thanks

post via tp2

Last edited by teradog; 06-27-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Device Uptime script

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
Ok folks, I've been sitting on some of my dev scripts for a while now. Thought I'd finally post this here first for some comments before I post a general app/script thread over at XDA...

Script: Device Uptime Viewer
Version 0.3a

Purpose:
1. uptime logging utility
2. manage a log text file with timestamp (of last recorded boot time) in most recent order
3. retain last X timestamps for historical review, default to 20

I've needed a way to track my device's uptime, and also check on prior restarts/reboots.
The latter was useful if my device restarted for some unknown reason.

This is a MortScript that requires version 4.3 or better.

Installer information:
1. the .cab does not require any user interaction beyond the standard Windows Mobile installer (wceload.exe) prompts for, so it can be used in XDA_UC/S4X without an .auto file.

2. creates a local application directory on your local device or storage card depending on how you install it
eg, \Program Files\DeviceUptime or \Storage Card\Program Files\DeviceUptime

3. inserts a shortcut to the \Windows\Startup directory to run a small script on each boot that
a. updates a boot timestamp text file on the root of your device (\uptime.log.txt) - note that it intentionally ends in ".txt" so you can use any text editor to view it manually
b. prunes old boot timestamp entries
c. copies the log file to your Storage Card for archival purposes, if it detects a SD card present
d. if you just flashed a new ROM or did a hard reset, the first time the startup script is run it will check if you have an archived log file on your SD card and copy that as your initial log file. Useful to continue the uptime history tracking.

4. creates a shortcut in "\Windows\Start Menu\UpTime Viewer.lnk" to launch a basic MortScript menu based UI
a. you can view the current uptime statistics
b. you can view the last 20 boot timestamps in most recent order
c. about information
*** be sure to double tap the menu option, or tap once and then select the OK soft button - the UI limitations are due to MortScript **

5. There are no custom icons yet

6. automatically installs MortScript 4.3b15 to its local installation directory so it does not intefere if you have a certain default version of MortScript active.

Future items:
? Use JMLMenuSense for the UI if there is enough requests for it

FAQ:
a. if the script window or dialog box disappears, go to ArkSwitch or what ever task manager you use and bring the script back in to focus.
Depending on what you tap while the script painting a dialog box, etc it may be put in to the background.
b. the date format is DD/MM/YY. I may allow an option for different date formats later.

Credits: original author copenhagen @ XDA
Installed your cab.

It required me to create the uptime.log.txt file in order for it to open.
Once installed the first report of the uptime is not correct. Showed the last date for restart was 1/1/70....giving me one hell of an uptime value in days... .

Upon first restart after installing, it corrects itself.

Will run this for a while and see how it works out for me....shooting for a ROM that I can live with for 30+ days without restart.

Thanks given.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Almost a VIP

So getting an issue using the bluetooth headset. It will not answer the incoming call.
Even if I click on the answer on screen,it will not pick up on the headset.
I have the bluetooth handsfree setup in the profiles but it just seems it is not working corrently.

Have MSVoice Command installed and it is working corrently as I can us it and issue the commands and it will dial out...and switch to the bluetooth headset.

Just can't answer the phone for some reason.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

IrogSinta is a n00b

I just flashed to the 21916 version with Cookie Classic. I'm actually finding that this version suits my taste better. The one thing I couldn't figure out though is when I enter my hotmail account, it sets it up as popmail. I remember the other version would set up not only my hotmail as IMAP but it would synchronize my contact list as well. Is this something that is part of 29020 version only?
Old 06-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Almost a VIP

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

did you go thru the windows live program or just in the outlook mail setup wizard?

Sounds like the later and what you are looking for is from the windows live program.

Check internet folder in the enegry rom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

IrogSinta is a n00b
Smile Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

You're absolutely right, PPCFreak. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I'm good to go now!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
So getting an issue using the bluetooth headset. It will not answer the incoming call.
Even if I click on the answer on screen,it will not pick up on the headset.
I have the bluetooth handsfree setup in the profiles but it just seems it is not working corrently.

Have MSVoice Command installed and it is working corrently as I can us it and issue the commands and it will dial out...and switch to the bluetooth headset.

Just can't answer the phone for some reason.
I have the same problem... I am using a Moto S9. I have to manually move to the phone controls and answer calls. Have not complained about this I generally like the ROM... but would be nice to have a solution. When the headset is paired, I get the headset component paired....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development