PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mrtomaso is keeping up the good workmrtomaso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
umm.. where r the 14th roms? i only see the 10th in the DL sections..
seems that they were taken down.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomaso View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
umm.. where r the 14th roms? i only see the 10th in the DL sections..
seems that they were taken down.
NRG posted on his twitter that the title of this thread is 7/14 because of the 2.1/titanium ROMS are 7/14
Old 07-15-2010, 10:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone 4s
Carrier: VZW

Tortuga49 is just getting started

Any word on a EnrgyRom with MaxSense 1.05 ?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

hira is a n00b

I am using 21907 build (Jun 22nd) on my Pro2.

How to adjust the snooze time for reminders on HTC Touch Pro2? I used to be able to hit menu and pick a time on my old HTC touch (sprint) phone. Now with HTC Touch Pro2, I don't get Menu when a reminder pops up. I get just "Snooze" or "Dismiss" options. when I hit Snooze and it lasts for 5 minutes. Please let me know how to adjust the snooze time for reminders? This will be a good addition to Enery ROM?
Old 07-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

GT66 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hira View Post
I am using 21907 build (Jun 22nd) on my Pro2.

How to adjust the snooze time for reminders on HTC Touch Pro2? I used to be able to hit menu and pick a time on my old HTC touch (sprint) phone. Now with HTC Touch Pro2, I don't get Menu when a reminder pops up. I get just "Snooze" or "Dismiss" options. when I hit Snooze and it lasts for 5 minutes. Please let me know how to adjust the snooze time for reminders? This will be a good addition to Enery ROM?
I use a cab called SH4Ys EnergyRom Notification Patch.cab

Search around for it, it will restore the default windows pop-up for the snooze options.

Edited to add: I found a copy of it. Here you go:

Last edited by GT66; 07-15-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Found cab
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff
CHT Lockscreen findings

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
... I am currently testing to see if it matters what you have on your CHT lockscreen that might be causing it to lock up Sense, I'll let you all know how it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
... [using CHT lockscreen] if you use a holster like mine where the keyboard sometimes partially slides out when you take out the phone, you may end up needing a soft-reset if Sense decides to stop working. Like I said, using the WM lockscreen alleviates this, but it would just be nice to use the CHT lockscreen. I am just finishing up testing some different solutions and will report back.
... I use a holster too and it has a cutout on the bottom that I stick my finger in to push the phone out. Sometimes the KB gets moved as you mentioned.

I have been using the stock WM lockscreen all along and on my phone (Sprint), I just hold down the end call hard key to bring up the menu to choose "lock phone".

One other thing I've also found is that with a holster with a magnetic closure, it can sometimes wake my phone up of the screen is facing the magnet side, so I always make sure I put the phone into the holster with the screen facing my belt.

David
Trimmed down the history to get in all of the details, so here's what I found:

When using WM lockscreen, enabling "Lock on Suspend" under Start>Settings>System>Lock Config works flawlessly to lock your device by simply pressing the top "standby" button. Sliding out the keyboard then causes the phone to unlock into landscape mode, usually with a screwy taskbar, which is easily fixed by tapping anywhere on the screen, like popping up the hidden slider, for example.

So then, I switched back to CHT lockscreen and, of course, it locked up Sense again, but then after resetting again, I wasn't able to get it to freeze up again! It seemed as though it needed restarted again to take effect, like the auto-restart that happens when you apply and exit CHT Editor didn't account for the new setting.

Anyway, I tried all sorts of different configurations on the CHT lockscreen to try and get it to freeze up Sense again, using every widget, playing music, then sliding out the keyboard while playing music on standby, etc. I was finally able to get it to happen when I enabled "weather animation" on the lockscreen, but after resetting, it was fine with weather animation still on, no lockups in Sense! Made it a little laggy, so I ended up turning it off after some more rigorous testing.

The only two bugs I found when you use CHT lockscreen and slide out the keyboard to unlock are:

1.) You get a messed up looking Sense screen that is easily fixed by sliding the keybord back in, and

2.) Only Sense and the hard keys unlocks, so the taskbar is still locked and when you press one of your softkeys, Sense still remains on the screen, (i.e press "Action" and you'll only see the action screen where the softkeys were) or if you press the "send" hard key, you'll only see the bottom portion of the keypad where the softkeys go.

I also re-formatted my Storage Card before flashing 7/10 21908 GTX, so this could have played a part as well.

Hopefully someone else will post their findings on trying to use CHT lockscreen after using WM lockscreen. It's nice to be able to glance at your lockscreen and see weather info, appts, maybe play a little music
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

GT66 is just getting started

SOLUTION: Hardware keyboard slide out makes Sense go wonky in autorotated tabs and lockscreen. This is probably considered kludgey by people with higher skills than myself but it works.

Here is my work around for this problem. I put it into a mortscript but you all can use it however you need. This registry change will revert at each soft reset. So basically, you either need to manually reapply it after every reset or you need to automate it somehow. My solution was mortscript with a shortcut into the startup folder. So here's how I did it:

1) Made a directory I named keyb_rotate_tweak

2) copied my script (autorun.mscr) along with mostrcript.exe and autorun.exe into said directory.

3) manually run autorun.exe once to get the script to make a shortcut in \Windows|StartUp directory.

4) Since the keyboard slide out will no longer rotate any apps, you will need to add any apps that relied on the keyboard slider into the G-Config app included with these ROMs.
For example, in order to get my email inbox and sms inbox to rotate, I have entries in G-Config that look like this:
Application: SMS / MMS WindowClass: Inbox.MainWnd

Here is the text of my script:

# Initial setup - create a shortcut in the \windows\startup folder so we can re-run after soft resets
# Hard reset will require that this script be re-run manually of added to XDA_UC or something like that.
# This shortcut created assumes you are running from the \Storage Card|keyb_rotate_tweak\ directory
# change it if you want.
CreateShortcut( "\Windows\StartUp\AutoRun.lnk", "\Storage Card\keyb_rotate_tweak\AutoRun.exe", False)

# Go ahead and clear out the \Storage Card\Application Data\HTC directory.
# This is cautionary only and NOT needed for this solution. Delete if it gives you grief.
deltree ( "\Storage Card\Application Data\HTC" )

# Write tweak to registry. The line below is the only oart of this script needed to solve this problem.
# If you have a better way to get this tweak into your registry, then just copy this.
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\GDI\Rotation", "CamAppActive",1 )

# do a quick check to see if value is changed and notify so user knows this happened after the reset
value_check = RegRead ( "HKLM", "System\GDI\Rotation", "CamAppActive" )
# message ( value_check )
If ( value_check = 1 )
sleepmessage ( 5, "Registry Update Successful!", "Keyboard Rotate Tweak" ,False )
Else
message ( "Registry Update Failed!", "Keyboard Rotate Tweak" )
Endif
Exit

Here are the files. I have included just the basic script (Autorun.mscr) for those of you just interested in that and also a zip of the three files needed for those that want something turn key.

I hope you find this helpful!

Edited to add: I by no means consider this to be *the* solution to this problem but I think it will suffice until NRG or someone else with more extensive abilities than I has time to find a more permanent solution.

Edited again to add: I am using this and have tested it on my Verizon TP2. I have no idea and no ability to test whether this will work on other carriers.
Attached Files
File Type: mscr Autorun.mscr (1.3 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip keyb_rotate_tweak.zip (73.7 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GT66; 07-15-2010 at 11:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phdeez is a n00b

Anyone using the 7/10 MaxSense ROM try to add Quick Links to the middle home screen? Any quick link I try to add goes to the bottom left of the screen and is un-moveable. If I ask to add a 2nd, it puts it ON TOP of the previous icon. If I try to add from one of the 'side' home screens, it can be moved around.

This seems to only be a problem on the 'middle' /default home screen. Ideas? I tried searching through the last few pages of the thread - since the 10th with no luck.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

youngnick09 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I believe that the CHT lock screen is what's causing your issue, try not using it or changing to one of the other locks and see if it fixes your issue.
So I removed the CHT lockscreen and I have no other lock enabled, but my phone still freezes up and the sense just doesn't work. Any other way to fix this?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjampm View Post
I'm also getting lots of manilla freezes with this version (and the last 3). The phone is pretty usuable when it happens (physical start button works, dialer works, etc) but manilla is locked up (ie can't get back to sense home screen). I've narrowed it down to the contacts tab. I can go days without freezes if I stay away from opening manilla contacts (ie contacts tab->all people) Once I start messing with contacts its done for. I've seen sporadic freezes when I get notifications but it isn't as consistent as opening contacts
I was having a very similar problem. Manilia would crash hard. The phone was still running, Start menu and all, but nothing I could do except reset would bring manilla back. CHT Lockscreen has been pointed to as the culprit, but I never used it. Someone mentioned deleting the HTC Cache on the storage card, so I did that, and then I went into Cookie and chose restore defaults. I had imported the Cookie settings, (And many others). Since I did those two steps, It has not crashed once. Opera fails to load for not enough memory, but the Manillia is good. The bluetooth settings were the same way, I imported them, and I could connect, but it never worked right. I deleted and re-paired and they've been fine. (Well, okay, since every now and again I get the problem hanging up and the #777 Error)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development