View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
GT66
Lurker

GT66 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

SOLUTION: Hardware keyboard slide out makes Sense go wonky in autorotated tabs and lockscreen. This is probably considered kludgey by people with higher skills than myself but it works.

Here is my work around for this problem. I put it into a mortscript but you all can use it however you need. This registry change will revert at each soft reset. So basically, you either need to manually reapply it after every reset or you need to automate it somehow. My solution was mortscript with a shortcut into the startup folder. So here's how I did it:

1) Made a directory I named keyb_rotate_tweak

2) copied my script (autorun.mscr) along with mostrcript.exe and autorun.exe into said directory.

3) manually run autorun.exe once to get the script to make a shortcut in \Windows|StartUp directory.

4) Since the keyboard slide out will no longer rotate any apps, you will need to add any apps that relied on the keyboard slider into the G-Config app included with these ROMs.
For example, in order to get my email inbox and sms inbox to rotate, I have entries in G-Config that look like this:
Application: SMS / MMS WindowClass: Inbox.MainWnd

Here is the text of my script:

# Initial setup - create a shortcut in the \windows\startup folder so we can re-run after soft resets
# Hard reset will require that this script be re-run manually of added to XDA_UC or something like that.
# This shortcut created assumes you are running from the \Storage Card|keyb_rotate_tweak\ directory
# change it if you want.
CreateShortcut( "\Windows\StartUp\AutoRun.lnk", "\Storage Card\keyb_rotate_tweak\AutoRun.exe", False)

# Go ahead and clear out the \Storage Card\Application Data\HTC directory.
# This is cautionary only and NOT needed for this solution. Delete if it gives you grief.
deltree ( "\Storage Card\Application Data\HTC" )

# Write tweak to registry. The line below is the only oart of this script needed to solve this problem.
# If you have a better way to get this tweak into your registry, then just copy this.
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\GDI\Rotation", "CamAppActive",1 )

# do a quick check to see if value is changed and notify so user knows this happened after the reset
value_check = RegRead ( "HKLM", "System\GDI\Rotation", "CamAppActive" )
# message ( value_check )
If ( value_check = 1 )
sleepmessage ( 5, "Registry Update Successful!", "Keyboard Rotate Tweak" ,False )
Else
message ( "Registry Update Failed!", "Keyboard Rotate Tweak" )
Endif
Exit

Here are the files. I have included just the basic script (Autorun.mscr) for those of you just interested in that and also a zip of the three files needed for those that want something turn key.

I hope you find this helpful!

Edited to add: I by no means consider this to be *the* solution to this problem but I think it will suffice until NRG or someone else with more extensive abilities than I has time to find a more permanent solution.

Edited again to add: I am using this and have tested it on my Verizon TP2. I have no idea and no ability to test whether this will work on other carriers.
Attached Files
File Type: mscr Autorun.mscr (1.3 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip keyb_rotate_tweak.zip (73.7 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GT66; 07-15-2010 at 11:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.