View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 AM
galonzo
PPCGeeks Regular

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CHT Lockscreen findings

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
... I am currently testing to see if it matters what you have on your CHT lockscreen that might be causing it to lock up Sense, I'll let you all know how it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
... [using CHT lockscreen] if you use a holster like mine where the keyboard sometimes partially slides out when you take out the phone, you may end up needing a soft-reset if Sense decides to stop working. Like I said, using the WM lockscreen alleviates this, but it would just be nice to use the CHT lockscreen. I am just finishing up testing some different solutions and will report back.
... I use a holster too and it has a cutout on the bottom that I stick my finger in to push the phone out. Sometimes the KB gets moved as you mentioned.

I have been using the stock WM lockscreen all along and on my phone (Sprint), I just hold down the end call hard key to bring up the menu to choose "lock phone".

One other thing I've also found is that with a holster with a magnetic closure, it can sometimes wake my phone up of the screen is facing the magnet side, so I always make sure I put the phone into the holster with the screen facing my belt.

David
Trimmed down the history to get in all of the details, so here's what I found:

When using WM lockscreen, enabling "Lock on Suspend" under Start>Settings>System>Lock Config works flawlessly to lock your device by simply pressing the top "standby" button. Sliding out the keyboard then causes the phone to unlock into landscape mode, usually with a screwy taskbar, which is easily fixed by tapping anywhere on the screen, like popping up the hidden slider, for example.

So then, I switched back to CHT lockscreen and, of course, it locked up Sense again, but then after resetting again, I wasn't able to get it to freeze up again! It seemed as though it needed restarted again to take effect, like the auto-restart that happens when you apply and exit CHT Editor didn't account for the new setting.

Anyway, I tried all sorts of different configurations on the CHT lockscreen to try and get it to freeze up Sense again, using every widget, playing music, then sliding out the keyboard while playing music on standby, etc. I was finally able to get it to happen when I enabled "weather animation" on the lockscreen, but after resetting, it was fine with weather animation still on, no lockups in Sense! Made it a little laggy, so I ended up turning it off after some more rigorous testing.

The only two bugs I found when you use CHT lockscreen and slide out the keyboard to unlock are:

1.) You get a messed up looking Sense screen that is easily fixed by sliding the keybord back in, and

2.) Only Sense and the hard keys unlocks, so the taskbar is still locked and when you press one of your softkeys, Sense still remains on the screen, (i.e press "Action" and you'll only see the action screen where the softkeys were) or if you press the "send" hard key, you'll only see the bottom portion of the keypad where the softkeys go.

I also re-formatted my Storage Card before flashing 7/10 21908 GTX, so this could have played a part as well.

Hopefully someone else will post their findings on trying to use CHT lockscreen after using WM lockscreen. It's nice to be able to glance at your lockscreen and see weather info, appts, maybe play a little music