PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 07:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I'm on 5/16 23xxx GTX and the in ROM Bing works fine. I used the new GPS features yesterday.

I'm on same ROM and carrier. So when you first open it, it asks to use your location. You select yes, it goes to "Locating", then it finds your location?

I've tried it on a couple other ROMS and it worked fine too.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:37 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Interesting. Unless the results are labeled wrong, it would seem that the tweek actually slows down the phone. Go figure.
Not really surprising to me....overclocking TP2 has been tried by before and always seems to do more bad than good.....that is why I could not figure out why that cab was being plastered in every rom thread....lol
Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewellyn View Post
As I said on twitter, I've got some noobish questions. (I wasn't sure if the questions were too... "support-y"... but as twitter goes to my phone directly, unlike the forum, I thought I'd try that first. Sorry if it was inappropriate. )

First off, to set the stage properly: I have a new RhodiumW that I would really like a better ROM on. Energy looks closest to my desires, and would hopefully keep me from having to learn the current methods of cooking my own. It's been at least a year since I've last looked at cooking a Windows Mobile ROM. (I think it was when 6.1 first came out...)

So, I've got a few questions.

1) Does Energy have the CommMgr with WiFi sharing?

2) Does it have stealth tethering?

3) Carrier cabs? Needed? If so, where is the proper place to get them?

Note that I'm really wanting to keep some of the preinstalled apps, but most of them, I'm not fond of at all. (e.g. love Sprint TV, hate Facebook, indifferent over the uselessish JETCET stuff...)

Please forgive me if this was all covered elsewhere in the thread. Over the past few days, I've read many many posts, but didn't see these answers. (And this thread is LONG... I'll have a new phone before I can read the whole thing! )

One further question... Is there a FAQ that summarizes the most common questions people have? I noticed things browsing the thread like Sprint keyboard issues and Sprint MMS issues. Are all those sorts of things sorted out now, or should I be reading the whole thread back to front? With an over-1800-page thread, a FAQ may be useful. (If I end up using this ROM and sticking with it, perhaps I could start one as I start seeing the FAQs emerge...)
FAQs is on first page, post #4

Questions/Answers (others please correct me if I'm wrong)

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes, under start menu > tools

Last edited by willyjay; 05-20-2010 at 08:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Interesting. Unless the results are labeled wrong, it would seem that the tweek actually slows down the phone. Go figure.
That does look strange. However was the "Enable dynamic CPU frequence changing" unchecked, while 624Mhz was filled in? That's like enabling Speed Step in my opinion, and even taxing the CPU during these tests may not have ramped it up all the way...

Last edited by cmajewsk; 05-20-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: MightyROM FF TP2

rodbac is just getting started

Wowza- battery life is beyond dismal. I charged it all night and it had dropped to 89% in about 30 minutes. No bluetooth, no wifi, just a data connection.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ChrisM510 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Does anyone know what to back up for slingmobile? I tried the setting.ini under program but that does nothing. Any suggestions would be nice. And what about window live email settings? I tried making xml by makisu but I think the setting done by window live is better.
There is a registry key to back up that has all of the connection settings...
Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Does anyone know what to back up for slingmobile? I tried the setting.ini under program but that does nothing. Any suggestions would be nice. And what about window live email settings? I tried making xml by makisu but I think the setting done by window live is better.
I backed up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sling Media, and restore it with Sashimi after installing SlingPlayer. When I reflash, I can open slingplayer and it immediately connects to my slingbox and starts streaming.

I don't use windows live, but I do use GMail. I have one account setup using Activesync/exchange, and another using IMAP. Both I setup using Makisu to create the XML, and provision automatically with Sashimi.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
4 Gig SD Card Bricked. Here's my theory. Let me know your opinion because it may help others.

I had four large cabs set up to install to my storage card on every flash. I think that may have caused my storage card to brick. When you install a cab to your storage card, do you normally re-install it on every flash? Or, do you just move the shortcut to the start menu?
I install 3 cabs to my storage card on every reflash, using Sashimi. Haven't had it hurt the SD card yet, although that's not proof it couldn't be related.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 13| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
I actually like BG Tweak more than HDWalls or MaxTTM. For a simple full wallpaper (like HDWalls and MaxTTM do) just use the use 'fake' transparency option in the settings. I use the real method but if it requires finding a couple of different files and setting them in the root of your SD card.

IMO this works much better than any other option available.
Wow...this worked very nice: Thanks!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ms30250 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ms30250
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 13| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Wow...this worked very nice: Thanks!

Where can I get this background its nice!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development