PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rezound, Bionic, TP2
Carrier: verizon

markreif is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

has anyone had issues with any of the builds - of contacts disappearing from the "people" option? and is there a way to limit the spaces available to a chosen number? - to me this inconsistent contact management it's the one aspect of the builds that seems to need some attention.... thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
I just tried it and it loaded up my location faster than google maps usually does. Have you run quickgps to get your satellite information or done anything else that could be affecting it?

Oh yeah, are you on the 21xxx or 23xxx series?
I'm on 5/16 23xxx GTX and the in ROM Bing works fine. I used the new GPS features yesterday.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: MightyROM FF TP2

rodbac is just getting started

I also have another question/issue:

I have a number of programs that seem to not close, either when the "X" is pressed or when Menu --> Exit is used.

I thought it might just be shoddy coding when I first noticed it with FreeCaddie, but then I also notice iexplore.exe can't be shut down, and commmanager.exe is almost always to be found running.

Any ideas what in the world is going on?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Regarding the HTC_performace cab that claimed it could overclock our processor from the native 520mhz to 624mhz, I've got some results from the spb benchmark utility that Boushh suggested earlier. I haven't read the spb forum thoroughly to dissect the results but maybe this screenshot of four different setups can help the community to determine if this cab is giving us almost 20% more cpu power. I originally did this on NRGZ's 23569 cookie 051610 ROM and I am with Sprint. I also ran the utility on the 21903 which returned a higher SPB Benchmark index rating if anyone is interested.

I ran the benchmark fresh after a flashdance at both the native processor and then the tweaked 624mhz after installing the HTC_Performance.cab and a soft reset, then again after a soft reset after installing 5 cabs and using BsB Tweaks and turning all 3 of the graphics options on (NoPushInternet_v2, SSKTP2DynamicResourceProxy.cab, NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh.cab, 02_nueBattery2TP2CDMA-122-v1.2-cab, and touchresponse_high.cab). All were tested with over 50% battery.

and the next is the overclocked:

I will send an email attachment with the original four tests side by side that is more legible if anyone is interested, just PM me.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 05-20-2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: orig was unreadable
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Regarding the HTC_performace cab that claimed it could overclock our processor from the native 520mhz to 624mhz, I've got some results from the spb benchmark utility that Boushh suggested earlier. I haven't read the spb forum thoroughly to dissect the results but maybe this screenshot of four different setups can help the community to determine if this cab is giving us almost 20% more cpu power. I originally did this on NRGZ's 23569 cookie 051610 ROM and I am with Sprint. I also ran the utility on the 21903 which returned a higher SPB Benchmark index rating if anyone is interested.

I ran the benchmark fresh after a flashdance at both the native processor and then the tweaked 624mhz after installing the HTC_Performance.cab and a soft reset, then again after a soft reset after installing 5 cabs and using BsB Tweaks graphics options turned on(NoPushInternet_v2, SSKTP2DynamicResourceProxy.cab, NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh.cab, 02_nueBattery2TP2CDMA-122-v1.2-cab, and touchresponse_high.cab). All were tested with over 50% battery life.

Those pictures weren't that legible. is it possible that you can make them bigger?
Old 05-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Interesting. Unless the results are labeled wrong, it would seem that the tweek actually slows down the phone. Go figure.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty1978 View Post
sounds to me like it either is corrupt or its just plain bricked... i would try format and hopefully it will bring it back but you might end up needing a new one
4 Gig SD Card Bricked. Here's my theory. Let me know your opinion because it may help others.

I had four large cabs set up to install to my storage card on every flash. I think that may have caused my storage card to brick. When you install a cab to your storage card, do you normally re-install it on every flash? Or, do you just move the shortcut to the start menu?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lewellyn is just getting started
Question Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

As I said on twitter, I've got some noobish questions. (I wasn't sure if the questions were too... "support-y"... but as twitter goes to my phone directly, unlike the forum, I thought I'd try that first. Sorry if it was inappropriate. )

First off, to set the stage properly: I have a new RhodiumW that I would really like a better ROM on. Energy looks closest to my desires, and would hopefully keep me from having to learn the current methods of cooking my own. It's been at least a year since I've last looked at cooking a Windows Mobile ROM. (I think it was when 6.1 first came out...)

So, I've got a few questions.

1) Does Energy have the CommMgr with WiFi sharing?

2) Does it have stealth tethering?

3) Carrier cabs? Needed? If so, where is the proper place to get them?

Note that I'm really wanting to keep some of the preinstalled apps, but most of them, I'm not fond of at all. (e.g. love Sprint TV, hate Facebook, indifferent over the uselessish JETCET stuff...)

Please forgive me if this was all covered elsewhere in the thread. Over the past few days, I've read many many posts, but didn't see these answers. (And this thread is LONG... I'll have a new phone before I can read the whole thing! )

One further question... Is there a FAQ that summarizes the most common questions people have? I noticed things browsing the thread like Sprint keyboard issues and Sprint MMS issues. Are all those sorts of things sorted out now, or should I be reading the whole thread back to front? With an over-1800-page thread, a FAQ may be useful. (If I end up using this ROM and sticking with it, perhaps I could start one as I start seeing the FAQs emerge...)

Last edited by lewellyn; 05-20-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Further question
Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

EccoNsa is a n00b

the tcmpm player doesnt go full screen ?? help please ..
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
I just tried it and it loaded up my location faster than google maps usually does. Have you run quickgps to get your satellite information or done anything else that could be affecting it?

Oh yeah, are you on the 21xxx or 23xxx series?

Weird. I'm using 23XXX May 16th GTX. I will do a fresh flash and try it without installing any cabs and running QuickGPS. Thanks for the response.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development