PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro1/Touch Pro2/Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

el1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good workel1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el1nc0mparabl3 View Post
Just added Sprint Nav & TV Tabs to EnergysRom screenshot added
just tested the sprint tv on energyrom and it doesnt work even after installing the provision
Old 05-22-2010, 09:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rezound, Bionic, TP2
Carrier: verizon

markreif is just getting started
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Just found an interesting bug. I dont know if its unique to Energy or not.

On the physical keyboard, when you do a shift to the "/" symbol it is switched to ":" and when you do a ":" it is "/" - they are switched. I noticed this today when I was using the colon to enter a time.
i just tried the colon and semi colon on my verizon keyboard - semi comes up with the "\" ...colon comes up with the "/"..... the "/" and "\" come up with themselves however. i've run the verizon keyboard fix and assume u have too..... to no avail apparently
Old 05-22-2010, 10:22 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
Are you running a version with cookie home tab? If so, it's in menu > cookie home tab editor > misc settings > bottom of page.

If you're running max manila, or a non-cookie version, I'm not sure.
If your not you can change it via the reg....I do not remember the exact key...but if you need it let me know and i will look it up...
Old 05-22-2010, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by markreif View Post
i just tried the colon and semi colon on my verizon keyboard - semi comes up with the "\" ...colon comes up with the "/"..... the "/" and "\" come up with themselves however. i've run the verizon keyboard fix and assume u have too..... to no avail apparently
I am on Verizon and my keys work fine...
You say you ran the keyboard fix, did you also run the privisioning tool for Verizon?

gadget1
Old 05-22-2010, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
In regards to those having the problem with the backlight dimming resetting to 10 seconds, this is how I fixed the problem on my phone.

1. Copy, install and open the KaiserTweak cab (its the same as the old Touch tweaks, but with keyboard settings).

2. Go to keyboard tweaks and under backlight timeout set it to 30 seconds (or whatever) and exit.

3. Reset and then you can change the standard backlight to whatever you want and it will stick.

I even uninstalled the KaiserTweak cab when I was done and it still works fine. Hope this works for you.

This didn't work for me, anybody have luck with any other remedies?

Jun 27th Cookie - 21907
Old 05-22-2010, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Just found an interesting bug. I dont know if its unique to Energy or not.

On the physical keyboard, when you do a shift to the "/" symbol it is switched to ":" and when you do a ":" it is "/" - they are switched. I noticed this today when I was using the colon to enter a time.
Keyboard fix in on Page 1, post #4 in the FAQ
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...06&postcount=4

BTW - Can I get a....... "PUNCH ROM" Oh Yea!!!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!

Last edited by Riptide9; 05-22-2010 at 01:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overproof View Post
This didn't work for me, anybody have luck with any other remedies?
It has been driving me crazy! I finally just unchecked it so it just stays on. I just keep putting it to sleep when not being used. It's a plugger fix...
Old 05-22-2010, 12:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rezound, Bionic, TP2
Carrier: verizon

markreif is just getting started

i found another "weird" bug - windows media player - list of 400 mp3 files playing randomly - between every other song up pops a female voice saying something in german - anyone experienced anything like that?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
It has been driving me crazy! I finally just unchecked it so it just stays on. I just keep putting it to sleep when not being used. It's a plugger fix...
I check Auto adjust backlight... but I uncheck "Dim backlight if not used for"

The "turn device off if not used for" is set to 1 min

That way it never dims on me but if I leave it alone it would just turn off after 1 min
Old 05-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
Keyboard fix in on Page 1, post #4 in the FAQ
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...06&postcount=4

BTW - Can I get a....... "PUNCH ROM" Oh Yea!!!
Oh, thanks! I'm new to EnergyRom but I should have seen that myself.

I have another question regarding MMS. When I send a pic to 1 recipient it works however when I do do two recipients, even when the size limit is below 5mb, it sends but they just never get it. Any ideas? Is the MMS Fix in the FAQ On page 1 for this issue too? There are multiple MMS fixes (2 options). Has the general consensus decided on one yet?

I have latest Energy w/ Sprint enabled. I also applied the NRG.ROm.Sprint 5mb MMS limit .cab found in this thread.

Should I got with Option 1 here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post
MMS Fix (Option 1)
Ok, so someone needs to report back on if this works or not.

First, install the respectable MMS Fix CAB from here:
Verizon - Install THIS CAB
Sprint - Install THIS CAB
Then, install the right MMS Manila 2.5 Fix from HERE. Play around with the settings if it doesn't work at first.

Tell me if that works. This will be the TRUE solution, if it works!!!

MMS Fix (Option 2)
This is the "work around", and you shouldn't need to do all the stuff that they were saying before.
  1. First, you must Disable Manila Messaging.
  2. Then, just install the correct MMS fix:
  3. Possibly do a soft reset to see if it worked. That should work.
Tell me which option works! Try Option 1 first, of course. And remember, it'll be best if you have a clean ROM, without any of the other Arcsoft fixes.
This above post is old though. Does this latest May release have all the MMS issues resolved? When i sent to 1 recipient it seems fine. To simplify my question, as of the May 16 (latest) release, do any MMS fixes need to be applied. I see one in the FAQ but has this been resolved?

Last edited by Alpine-; 05-22-2010 at 02:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development