PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dubez is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Apr 18| 21899|23559 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Take your battery out for 10 seconds and replace. Now with phone shut off hold the volume down button and then press the power button. Which will put you in the tri color screen. Now hook your phone up to your pc in tri color mode via usb cable. Here you should be able to run a flashing utility and then do something like task 29 then flash back to stock and then flash to whatever ROM you choose (in tri color mode active sync/syncing to windows device center shouldn't matter). Good luck.

I flashed over to the 18th after running the task 29 and now my touch screen doesn't work. I don't know if this is the same problem some of you have been having because I though it was stuck on the home screen but then I slid out the keyboard and my hard buttons all work just not my touchscreen. I have flashed back to stock and the touchscreen only works randomly. I have 3 different TP2's all with sprint but only one of the touch screens don't work all flashed to the same ROM in the same manner. Any suggestions?
A thousand Thank Yous
Old 04-19-2010, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Apr 18| 21899|23559 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
I'm running the same rom and that same task bar was giving me the same issues as well. Funny, the 21889 April 13th did not have any issues with my custom task bars. Odd, something else changed on the 14th build. Great build though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Thanks, I figured it must be me and started uninstalling manually till I found a tsowen taskbar in my XDA folder that had self installed and apparently caused some sort of conflict... no idea why given it has worked on every other 2.5 ROM of tried, including NRGs others, but whatever... appreciate you responding though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoc21 View Post
did you install a different task bar or anything because i am running the 21898 and all works well for me

EDIT: Just read last post....glad you got it fixed
Quote:
Will ask again... I'm on April 14th 2.5 21898 w Cookie and the up and down volume keys do not work at all... anybody have an idea on a reg setting to fix this? Or is the ROM just borked on my phone? Don't want to spend a lot of time customizing until I can get this issue resolved... Thx

Guys, looks like the HTCVolumecontrol.dll has been updated on the lattest ROMs and the one that I was using was very old. I have been using cmylxgo's energy version of tsowens 6 Elite for a long time. I have updated the HTCVolumecontrol.dll as well as the cdma_rssi_ppc.dll, however I do not know how to edit a .cab yet. I am going to post the proper .dll's in hopes that someone can relpace the old ones with the new ones (just overwrite them in the .cab). I have tested and the volume controlls are working 100% as should and makes for a very nice taskbar. You can also just install the task bar and then drop the dll's into your windows directory as well and SOFT RESET. If you don't like the taskbar, just uninstall it, no problem. Many thanks to ENRG, Cmylxgo, and TSowen for all the work here. Hope you enjoy the taskbar

Last edited by itsachirpthing; 04-19-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
Guys, looks like the HTCVolumecontrol.dll has been updated on the lattest ROMs and the one that I was using was very old. I have been using cmylxgo's energy version of tsowens 6 Elite for a long time. I have updated the HTCVolumecontrol.dll as well as the cdma_rssi_ppc.dll, however I do not know how to edit a .cab yet. I am going to post the proper .dll's in hopes that someone can relpace the old ones with the new ones (just overwrite them in the .cab). I have tested and the volume controlls are working 100% as should and makes for a very nice taskbar. You can also just install the task bar and then drop the dll's into your windows directory as well and SOFT RESET. If you don't like the taskbar, just uninstall it, no problem. Many thanks to ENRG, Cmylxgo, and TSowen for all the work here. Hope you enjoy the taskbar

Done and done.

LAWL
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Taxman is a n00b

I just wanted to chime in and say that this is the fastest, most stable, most-features-out-of-box ROM that I have ever used. Amazing job! Thank you for all your hard work. I look forward to this ROM being a vital part of my life.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Done and done.

You da man! Thanks, one of these days I'll get around to .cab editing and creating. Much appreciated!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work

Anyone have a black dialer that works with the 218.... rom?

Jun 27th Cookie - 21907
Old 04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Cab request:

to make it so when you click on the manilla messages tab, then click on the last message sent to you: arcsoft sms loads.

I'm running 21899 2.5 w/cookie

Thank you
Old 04-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Really like 21899 Cookie ROM a lot... have been bouncing exclusively around NRG Roms for the past month... major disappointment on the latest version though... while 99% seems to work fine, I use a basic third party app called Profimail to get my gmail emails via imap idle, and every time I click on an email in the app, the ROM completely soft resets... anybody experience something similar? Short of that, best and most stable ROM I've tried in a while... but no email is a deal breaker for me... please help, as I really like this ROM and NRG a lot... Thx
Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Really like 21899 Cookie ROM a lot... have been bouncing exclusively around NRG Roms for the past month... major disappointment on the latest version though... while 99% seems to work fine, I use a basic third party app called Profimail to get my gmail emails via imap idle, and every time I click on an email in the app, the ROM completely soft resets... anybody experience something similar? Short of that, best and most stable ROM I've tried in a while... but no email is a deal breaker for me... please help, as I really like this ROM and NRG a lot... Thx

Why don't you just set up an exchange account for gmail with activesync?
Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jwdaniels23 is becoming a great contributor

Why does the GTX rom not have cookie 1.7.1........... maybe to come

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development