PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Apr 1| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgreg20 View Post
yeah im having the same issue too. i have done soft reset, hard reset, and ive made sure my data connection was on, and i even tried through wifi. with no luck. im so tired of flashing and not having a "sturdy" phone!
For microsoft myphone see

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116769

This is not the only forum and things don't work for other reasons than flashing.....

Last edited by badwolf; 04-02-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: being called a douch is douchie.... was trying to help
Old 04-02-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

kenlewisesq is a n00b
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Apr 1| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titaniu

Can someone who has gotten the WiFi Router working tell me what I am doing wrong? Tethering with a USB cable works fine but I cannot get the WiFi Router to work. Each time I try to launch the application I get a message that says "There is no available Internet connection. Do you want to set up the Internet connection?"

I have searched but have not found an answer - any help is appreciated.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf View Post
For micro$oft myphone see

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116769

This is not the only forum and things don't work for other reasons than flashing.....
That whole replacing the 's' in microsoft with a '$' is such a douche move.

Anyway using 23554 with 2.5 and it is awesome.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
In order to establish a root cause, we would need to determine a pattern common to all of those with battery problems. You say your phone is not being used; what about programs that connect automatically? How often does your phone check email? Update weather? What about Palringo? Do you use it? More importantly, have you ever used it? If you've ever created an account it starts when you turn your phone on.
Well, there isn`t much for me to really elaborate on since I didn`t do any of what you mentioned. Nonetheless, Here is a little scenario; I flashed NRGZ`s latest release (Apr 1st) earlier this morning right around 7. I didn`t have any time to do any modifications or installation except for the carrier provisioning cab. On my way to work I made three calls roughly 10 minutes duration each. After the calls I was at 90% Battery Life, Didn`t use the phone for another three hours, and when I turned it back on, I was at 64% Battery power remaining. So there is no way any program could`ve been running automatically since I didn`t do any configuration or soft-resetting after I flashed the ROM.
Like I said, I will leave this issue at rest until the chef decides to address it and if he never does, that will be fine too.
Anyways, thanks for pitching in.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
That's bug in the new 23544 sys. To fix you either use HTC menu enhancements or copy a gwes.exe from 23541 to \windows.
you wouldnt happen to have a copy of that you could throw my way do ya, anyone?
Old 04-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I found that setting the battery polling interval to 10000 and adjust the backlight increased mine immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Chef NRGZ28 produces by far the best ROM out-there. And even that is an under statement. However, this excessive battery drainage is overwhelming. I understand there aren`t too many options, but unlike many of you guys I don`t have the luxury of carrying extra batteries or have my phone plugged up throughout the day. I am inside a courtroom most part of the day and getting to my phone to only find the battery dead without usage, is simply more than what I can cope with. Sadly, I will search for another alternative rom and hopefully the Chef will figure out a solution.
Keep up the great work sir and I`ll keep monitoring this thread for any improvement.
Thanks

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How we we change the battery polling interval?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 04-02-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

orcat is keeping up the good workorcat is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Chef NRGZ28 produces by far the best ROM out-there. And even that is an under statement. However, this excessive battery drainage is overwhelming. I understand there aren`t too many options, but unlike many of you guys I don`t have the luxury of carrying extra batteries or have my phone plugged up throughout the day. I am inside a courtroom most part of the day and getting to my phone to only find the battery dead without usage, is simply more than what I can cope with. Sadly, I will search for another alternative rom and hopefully the Chef will figure out a solution.
Keep up the great work sir and I`ll keep monitoring this thread for any improvement.
Thanks
I will definitely second daytona's recommendation, go read this thread and give it a try. I have had great results using the recommendations:

(I dont install either of the first two anymore because I know it works and dont need to monitor battery usage)

Install Cabs (Described Below)
------------------------------
(01) - Install Battery Monitor Cab - Will give you up to date information to see how much battery drain is occurring(OPTIONAL)

(02) - Install ABC PowerMeter Cab - Will give you information about battery drain over an extended time (OPTIONAL)

(03) - Install Maxx134 BatterySaving Polling Cab - Has some great modified power settings

(04) - Install Shaolin BatterySaver - Has more great modified power settings

(05) - Install Ninja Duck Disable DRV - Smartcard - If you don't use smart card this will save some juice

(06) - Install Ninja Duck Disable DRV TVOUT - This will save some juice by disabling TVOUT

(07) - Install nueBattery TP2DCMA Cab - This is a battery driver cab file that has seemed to help

On a side note, this cab has definitely improved graphics performance without adversely impacting battery life. I highly recommend it.

GfxBoost-1.2-Service.cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible and touch pro2

chrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

anyone using the new SLACKER app and having it stop in the middle of a song and you have to skip to the next song to get it to start again. just trying to see its a rom related issue..thx

21898 cookie
Old 04-02-2010, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor

SOOO...finally I'm back... phew..It's been awhile.. I've been using my TP1 for awhile, and finally upgraded to the TP2. I've been reading through the forums, and tried to make sense of it all. Basically, I need some help, and free advice on what to download to my new phone. I've been hearing negative and positive feedback.. the 21....rom's seem alright and the 23....roms are what most people are using. the latest april 1st rom.. seems like people are having battery problems.. Any suggestions on starting out on my TP2 flashing journey??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development