PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 07:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

I can get these animated smileys to work in mighty and Mr.X roms but I can't in Energy roms. Does anyone know why or how to fix? here is the link. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=614824&page=2

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
just in case anyone is wondering why i wanted the 1% driver removed and replaced with a 10% increment driver, it's because everything your device does is done with electric signals, including the reading of your battery levels. so if you're polling the battery to tell you how much charge it has left, you are actually using the battery's energy to calculate the amount of charge left and display it to you.

now if you think about it, if the driver is going to display you some accurate 1% increments, it will have to poll the battery at least a couple of times every 2-4 min., whereas if it only has to display status in increments of 10%, it will only have to pull the battery once every 5-10 min. or so. now if you add up that in one day there's 86400 minutes, then the polling of the battery surely adds up... if it was up to me, i'd rather have a battery driver that displayed only in increments of 20%, but anyways, yeah, the polling does add it.

once i applied the new nueBattery driver, and disabled the 1% increment, my phone has stayed at 50% for over 4 hours now, whereas, in the morning it went down 35% in just 5 hours.

so yes it does make a difference, try it for yourself if you doubt it.

also, defenetly make sure you set your screen brightness to "auto-adjust"
Fiorst off i know what you are saying....but it is very minimal...not to mention you were looking for the fix when you said you do it all the time....also you just asked for the fix about 2 hours before this post...now you say you have been running it for 4 hours....I have tested this in the past and as I said it is minimal at best....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Does anyone have the Feb 26 version with MaxManila and will share it with me please?
Thanks
Yea it is in the Maxmanilla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragster View Post
So far 3/7 23542 w/Cookie has been good except for a few things (Some might have been posted before, but I'm NOT looking for fixes, just puttin it out there)

2) When I installed the Sprint provisioning cab, I can't open any of the PRL/ Profile/ Firmware updates, when I press them, nothing happens

PRL and Profile are really not needed....
3) 2016 AHH lol I would run Ziggy's fix but then I lose notifications, so not a biggie

There is another patch somewhere....cannot remeber off hand but look for it...

Not sure how Battery Monitor works, but I just clicked on it and it said 78 MA on my Discharge, not sure if thats right or what lol

Anyways thought I'd share!
78Ma is pretty good.....
Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

so is MMS working in this buld or not. i coudl not deel without it working before. also does the ## codes work from the dialer and does it freeze up like the older builds. please let me know... Because without those elements fixed.. this rom is just eye candy..
Old 03-08-2010, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
just in case anyone is wondering why i wanted the 1% driver removed and replaced with a 10% increment driver, it's because everything your device does is done with electric signals, including the reading of your battery levels. so if you're polling the battery to tell you how much charge it has left, you are actually using the battery's energy to calculate the amount of charge left and display it to you.

now if you think about it, if the driver is going to display you some accurate 1% increments, it will have to poll the battery at least a couple of times every 2-4 min., whereas if it only has to display status in increments of 10%, it will only have to pull the battery once every 5-10 min. or so. now if you add up that in one day there's 86400 minutes, then the polling of the battery surely adds up... if it was up to me, i'd rather have a battery driver that displayed only in increments of 20%, but anyways, yeah, the polling does add it.

once i applied the new nueBattery driver, and disabled the 1% increment, my phone has stayed at 50% for over 4 hours now, whereas, in the morning it went down 35% in just 5 hours.

The setting to round the percentage or not doesn't change anything other than just that. It doesn't change how the battery drivers function from neuROM. The factory drivers default to rounding percentages to the nearest 10% and aren't the most accurate or efficient. When you use neuROMs battery driver what you are getting is a driver that is designed to be more precise than the factory one... and he enabled the ability to turn on "Quick Charge" which allows you to charge at 900mA instead of 450mA. He also added the feature to disable this based on temperature readings to protect the battery. The one percent check box in your terms "using the battery's energy to calculate the amount of charge left and display it to you"... if that were the case, then it wouldn't have to do any calculations by rounding to the nearest 10th % but just show actual thus creating less work. Turning that off is a simple regedit that has nothing to do with any "polling". What does poll are things like "face down mute" which will continually check to see the position of the phone to enable or disable mute (enabled by default) which can be turned off and has been proven to help extend battery time. Or like you noted, changing the display brightness which probably has the biggest effect of all on the battery life... at full brightness, 100%, the discharge rate is about 480mA+ as opposed to 40% like a lot of people use which should put you under 80mA (if nothing else is messing thing up) which is 4+ time more efficient.

A thread was started this weekend just to talk about battery life and ENRGZ roms:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113321

Edit: That thread BTW does have a cab that adjust battery polling intervals and timeouts that would acomplish that very thing and you are attempting to do... and you could still have 1% increments showing (keep in mind that if you are "Quick Charging" you might want to take caution to changing those settings because you might not get the temp info back quick enough to disable the higher charge rate and could possibly damage your phone.)

Edit again: Just to confirm here is the key for battery polling (it stays the same no matter if rounding is enabled or disabled)

BTW - some people are setting this to 25000 and getting good result (keep in mind the quick charge warning)

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery">
<parm name="PollInterval" value="5000"
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!

Last edited by Riptide9; 03-08-2010 at 11:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

blackmo0n is keeping up the good workblackmo0n is keeping up the good workblackmo0n is keeping up the good work

I can confirm mms is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
so is MMS working in this buld or not. i coudl not deel without it working before. also does the ## codes work from the dialer and does it freeze up like the older builds. please let me know... Because without those elements fixed.. this rom is just eye candy..
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

masterhoss56 is becoming a great contributor

I know about the Ziggy patch to kind of work around the 2016 SMS error, but I never liked that solution since it's timestamping as your device receives the message. I know Sprint/HTC issued a carrier-specific fix that truly resolves the issue, but applying that fix on non Sprint ROMs = death.

I think there was another carrier-specific fix that was supposedly OK to use on custom ROMs. Am I thinking correctly? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by masterhoss56; 03-08-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
The setting to round the percentage or not doesn't change anything other than just that. It doesn't change how the battery drivers function from neuROM. The factory drivers default to rounding percentages to the nearest 10% and aren't the most accurate or efficient. When you use neuROMs battery driver what you are getting is a driver that is designed to be more precise than the factory one... and he enabled the ability to turn on "Quick Charge" which allows you to charge at 900mA instead of 450mA. He also added the feature to disable this based on temperature readings to protect the battery. The one percent check box in your terms "using the battery's energy to calculate the amount of charge left and display it to you"... if that were the case, then it wouldn't have to do any calculations by rounding to the nearest 10th % but just show actual thus creating less work. Turning that off is a simple regedit that has nothing to do with any "polling". What does poll are things like "face down mute" which will continually check to see the position of the phone to enable or disable mute (enabled by default) which can be turned off and has been proven to help extend battery time. Or like you noted, changing the display brightness which probably has the biggest effect of all on the battery life... at full brightness, 100%, the discharge rate is about 480mA+ as opposed to 40% like a lot of people use which should put you under 80mA (if nothing else is messing thing up) which is 4+ time more efficient.

A thread was started this weekend just to talk about battery life and ENRGZ roms:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113321

Edit: That thread BTW does have a cab that adjust battery polling intervals and timeouts that would acomplish that very thing and you are attempting to do... and you could still have 1% increments showing (keep in mind that if you are "Quick Charging" you might want to take caution to changing those settings because you might not get the temp info back quick enough to disable the higher charge rate and could possibly damage your phone.)

Edit again: Just to confirm here is the key for battery polling (it stays the same no matter if rounding is enabled or disabled)

BTW - some people are setting this to 25000 and getting good result (keep in mind the quick charge warning)

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery">
<parm name="PollInterval" value="5000"
Awsome explanation Rip....

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhoss56 View Post
I know about the Ziggy patch to kind of work around the 2016 SMS error, but I never liked that solution since it's timestamping as your device receives the message. I know Sprint/HTC issued a carrier-specific fix that truly resolves the issue, but applying that fix on non Sprint ROMs = death.

I think there was another carrier-specific fix that was supposedly OK to use on custom ROMs. Am I thinking correctly? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help.
There is but I cannot remember exactly where....if i find it I will post it....
Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

so the march 7th rom has the 2016 issue?... j.w
Thanx

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 03-08-2010, 12:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mjmellin is a n00b
Unhappy Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

OK I just installed the 3/7 Max Manilla ROM. Then ran Carrier Provisioning, which unfortunately seems to have bricked my phone. Need guidance!!

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 03-08-2010, 12:42 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Latest version is nice, but I have to say that having more free memory in the last versions seemed like a good tradeoff.

On this version, I end up having to restart after a moderate amount of usage even though I am closing my apps.
I believe speed is more of a good tradeoff than available RAM. I will lower the pagepool to 20 in the next versions, to see how it runs. For me March 5th was TOO slow and it was annoying me. I'm not a super heavy user that opens 10 apps at a time.. so it's not an issue. But when I DO use the phone I want it FAST..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I have noticed I can run cleanRAM about every hour or so after little to no use and get 20.00+ free after.....more than usual for sure. I am staying on this build for now but the 5th was faster and ate much less memory............

I DONT CARE ABOUT BATTERY.......LOL.
Yay! Someone that thinks like me! I dont care about the battery life either.. that's why I have a charger wherever I am and even in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
actually i wish NRG would make a lite rom with all the third party bloat removed. i rather just have a clean rom w/ only manilla and cookie. i can install everything else myself. this way it's easier to test battery life. probably the other tweaks and progs are killing the battery tweaks
I've been thinking about a light ROM.. but then I dont really see the point. We have LOTS of available storage and I know the day will come when I will need an app and it's not in the ROM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
????!!

Anyone else notice the buttons being messed up at the bottom on the phone screen? My phone is doing this too... anyone know why or how to fix it? It still works, but it just looks messy.
Show me a ROM that doenst have that problem and I'll fix it

Quote:

I think they biggest change was setting your backlight to autoadjust....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironxp View Post
Thanks NRGZ28,
I'm testing the ROM "Energy.RHODCDMA.23542.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Mar .07" and is excellent.
It works perfect with Operadorador of Venezuela Movilnet in a Hybrid Pro2 HTC Touch (GSM / CDMA) ...
Good job ...
Thanks Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterpan View Post
I really liked your ROM but there are two reasons put me back in old wm6.5...

1. When I press and hold "talk", there is no longer voice command function, which comes handy when you drive.

2. I was unable to send any message, I saw the way to fix it but I just dont have enough time for it at this time.

3. it is good to put different apps in different folders, but I also want a full list of all programs I have, so I can find the rare used, or newly installed programs easily.
All personal choices... and I personally like it the way I have it now

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development