View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:42 PM
NRGZ28
EnergyROMs chef :)
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Latest version is nice, but I have to say that having more free memory in the last versions seemed like a good tradeoff.

On this version, I end up having to restart after a moderate amount of usage even though I am closing my apps.
I believe speed is more of a good tradeoff than available RAM. I will lower the pagepool to 20 in the next versions, to see how it runs. For me March 5th was TOO slow and it was annoying me. I'm not a super heavy user that opens 10 apps at a time.. so it's not an issue. But when I DO use the phone I want it FAST..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I have noticed I can run cleanRAM about every hour or so after little to no use and get 20.00+ free after.....more than usual for sure. I am staying on this build for now but the 5th was faster and ate much less memory............

I DONT CARE ABOUT BATTERY.......LOL.
Yay! Someone that thinks like me! I dont care about the battery life either.. that's why I have a charger wherever I am and even in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
actually i wish NRG would make a lite rom with all the third party bloat removed. i rather just have a clean rom w/ only manilla and cookie. i can install everything else myself. this way it's easier to test battery life. probably the other tweaks and progs are killing the battery tweaks
I've been thinking about a light ROM.. but then I dont really see the point. We have LOTS of available storage and I know the day will come when I will need an app and it's not in the ROM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
????!!

Anyone else notice the buttons being messed up at the bottom on the phone screen? My phone is doing this too... anyone know why or how to fix it? It still works, but it just looks messy.
Show me a ROM that doenst have that problem and I'll fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
just in case anyone is wondering why i wanted the 1% driver removed and replaced with a 10% increment driver, it's because everything your device does is done with electric signals, including the reading of your battery levels. so if you're polling the battery to tell you how much charge it has left, you are actually using the battery's energy to calculate the amount of charge left and display it to you.

now if you think about it, if the driver is going to display you some accurate 1% increments, it will have to poll the battery at least a couple of times every 2-4 min., whereas if it only has to display status in increments of 10%, it will only have to pull the battery once every 5-10 min. or so. now if you add up that in one day there's 86400 minutes, then the polling of the battery surely adds up... if it was up to me, i'd rather have a battery driver that displayed only in increments of 20%, but anyways, yeah, the polling does add it.

once i applied the new nueBattery driver, and disabled the 1% increment, my phone has stayed at 50% for over 4 hours now, whereas, in the morning it went down 35% in just 5 hours.

so yes it does make a difference, try it for yourself if you doubt it.

also, defenetly make sure you set your screen brightness to "auto-adjust"
I think they biggest change was setting your backlight to autoadjust....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironxp View Post
Thanks NRGZ28,
I'm testing the ROM "Energy.RHODCDMA.23542.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Mar .07" and is excellent.
It works perfect with Operadorador of Venezuela Movilnet in a Hybrid Pro2 HTC Touch (GSM / CDMA) ...
Good job ...
Thanks Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterpan View Post
I really liked your ROM but there are two reasons put me back in old wm6.5...

1. When I press and hold "talk", there is no longer voice command function, which comes handy when you drive.

2. I was unable to send any message, I saw the way to fix it but I just dont have enough time for it at this time.

3. it is good to put different apps in different folders, but I also want a full list of all programs I have, so I can find the rare used, or newly installed programs easily.
All personal choices... and I personally like it the way I have it now

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR