View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 AM
flyers2114
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
The setting to round the percentage or not doesn't change anything other than just that. It doesn't change how the battery drivers function from neuROM. The factory drivers default to rounding percentages to the nearest 10% and aren't the most accurate or efficient. When you use neuROMs battery driver what you are getting is a driver that is designed to be more precise than the factory one... and he enabled the ability to turn on "Quick Charge" which allows you to charge at 900mA instead of 450mA. He also added the feature to disable this based on temperature readings to protect the battery. The one percent check box in your terms "using the battery's energy to calculate the amount of charge left and display it to you"... if that were the case, then it wouldn't have to do any calculations by rounding to the nearest 10th % but just show actual thus creating less work. Turning that off is a simple regedit that has nothing to do with any "polling". What does poll are things like "face down mute" which will continually check to see the position of the phone to enable or disable mute (enabled by default) which can be turned off and has been proven to help extend battery time. Or like you noted, changing the display brightness which probably has the biggest effect of all on the battery life... at full brightness, 100%, the discharge rate is about 480mA+ as opposed to 40% like a lot of people use which should put you under 80mA (if nothing else is messing thing up) which is 4+ time more efficient.

A thread was started this weekend just to talk about battery life and ENRGZ roms:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113321

Edit: That thread BTW does have a cab that adjust battery polling intervals and timeouts that would acomplish that very thing and you are attempting to do... and you could still have 1% increments showing (keep in mind that if you are "Quick Charging" you might want to take caution to changing those settings because you might not get the temp info back quick enough to disable the higher charge rate and could possibly damage your phone.)

Edit again: Just to confirm here is the key for battery polling (it stays the same no matter if rounding is enabled or disabled)

BTW - some people are setting this to 25000 and getting good result (keep in mind the quick charge warning)

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery">
<parm name="PollInterval" value="5000"
Awsome explanation Rip....

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhoss56 View Post
I know about the Ziggy patch to kind of work around the 2016 SMS error, but I never liked that solution since it's timestamping as your device receives the message. I know Sprint/HTC issued a carrier-specific fix that truly resolves the issue, but applying that fix on non Sprint ROMs = death.

I think there was another carrier-specific fix that was supposedly OK to use on custom ROMs. Am I thinking correctly? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help.
There is but I cannot remember exactly where....if i find it I will post it....