PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 12:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Dead_Cow is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow View Post
Finally figured this out. It's 10 or 11 digit dialing. If I dial 11 digits (1 + area code + number) I get that error. If I dial just area code + number, I can call out, since my contacts are linked to work, I have 1 in front of every number (my TAPI stack at work requires it).

I'd be interested to know if anyone meeting the following condition:

• Active Sync to a corporate Exchange server
  • Any of the more recent NRG roms (Feb 26th, or more recent)
can duplicate this problem. Can you dial out with 11 digits? I can't believe I'm the only one who's found this.

So now I would like to know - Where is the setting to allow 11 digit dialing, and WHY is it being disable by enabling activesync??
An Odd side effect of all my experimentation -I've found out how to enable two additional options in the CDMA services of the phone options -

(1) - NPBCD Current Country and
(2) - Emergency Call Alert

(see screenshots) Anyone know what these are for?

I should note that ss 1 is before enabling these options, and ss2 is after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (7.3 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (8.1 KB, 51 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Dead_Cow; 03-06-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
Does using that Lumos program help with battery life? Or hurt you in some way?
Lumos is sweet; I almost always install it and notice an improvement.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow View Post
An Odd side effect of all my experimentation -I've found out how to enable two additional options in the CDMA services of the phone options -

(1) - NPBCD Current Country and
(2) - Emergency Call Alert

(see screenshots) Anyone know what these are for?
emergency call alert IIRC will set off some type of ridiculous sounding alarm on your device if you call 911.. it's to help deter a potential attacker, kind of like a personal panic alarm.. the thing is, if one enables that feature (or doesn't disable it) and you happen to be in a bank while being robbed, you quietly call 911 without being noticed.. they can pull ur location from the device and send help, but if your phone freaks out, the perp is gonna be on you like flies on stink.

I hope this helps hahaha
Old 03-06-2010, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

herbster is becoming a great contributor
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Is mortscript in the 2/26 rom?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: sprint

jaybrad1 is a n00b

Hey Energy I like a lot this rom,but I had a few observations, battery and memory drain is a problem that I can't deal with it. Also I think if that Opera Mini is a better option for browser than Opera 10.Please tell me how to fix the first two and if you can make a rom with Opera Mini as the main browser it will be awesome.

Jaybrad1
Old 03-06-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
How do you guys fix the music tab, where the music plays for only 11 secs and then it stops....I had fixed it before but just play around with the music, playing then pausing but is soo annoying.
I use the music player all the time, and I don't have this issue.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ang1dust is a n00b
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Text message typing box os overlapped by the slider bar when you open keyboard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (15.9 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Hi all,
does anyone have the keyboard fix? Everytime I hit letter "Y" on mine, it pops up the option tab. Many thanks for your help.
That should be added to "Punch Rom" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
how is the battery life in the new Rom still the same??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollazn View Post
I love this rom but the battery drains like crazy... does this happen to anyone else?

Plus when i'm trying to charge it via a computer, it say insufficient charge and it doesn't charge it... Happen to anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
+1 on battery drain.. in an hour and a half using Sprint NAV for about 20 minutes, then eating dinner at a restaurant, my battery went from 100% down to 77% w/ no programs running after dinner.. Sprint NAV was only used for about 20 min ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
how to fix the battery drain help please
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybrad1 View Post
Hey Energy I like a lot this rom,but I had a few observations, battery and memory drain is a problem that I can't deal with it. Also I think if that Opera Mini is a better option for browser than Opera 10.Please tell me how to fix the first two and if you can make a rom with Opera Mini as the main browser it will be awesome.

Jaybrad1

Thanks ENRGZ!! Doing Great... To everyone complaining about battery life and memory issues... WTF! Do you want NRGZ to come to your house and set you phone up for you. How about taking a few moments to do some investigation like so many others have done and remember that NRGZ sets this up the way he wants it with backlight at max etc.(1st post) Have you checked your discharge rate and made adjustment accordingly? Fresh flash discharge rate is around 500ma, I have mine working at average of less than 100ma. And my memory is usually 60mb free consistantly. This rom isn't even meant for our phone but with some minor adjustments it will run fast, stable, with little to no issues. Sorry to rant but 1200+ pages and still the same questions 20 times aday (we even have a game to keep us amused at the stupid questions constantly asked. LOL ) Most issues are probably caused at the instant fix cabs people are so quick to install by the dozens instead of trying to understand why something isn't right and what should be done to fix it. ENRGZ! Keep doing what you are doing! Improving this great rom you have worked so hard on for us. There is nothing broken that needs your attention that we shouldn't be working on ourselves. Thanks
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Dead_Cow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
That should be added to "Punch Rom" LOL

Thanks ENRGZ!! Doing Great... To everyone complaining about battery life and memory issues... WTF! Do you want NRGZ to come to your house and set you phone up for you. How about taking a few moments to do some investigation like so many others have done and remember that NRGZ sets this up the way he wants it with backlight at max etc.(1st post) Have you checked your discharge rate and made adjustment accordingly? Fresh flash discharge rate is around 500ma, I have mine working at average of less than 100ma. And my memory is usually 60mb free consistantly. This rom isn't even meant for our phone but with some minor adjustments it will run fast, stable, with little to no issues. Sorry to rant but 1200+ pages and still the same questions 20 times aday (we even have a game to keep us amused at the stupid questions constantly asked. LOL ) Most issues are probably caused at the instant fix cabs people are so quick to install by the dozens instead of trying to understand why something isn't right and what should be done to fix it. ENRGZ! Keep doing what you are doing! Improving this great rom you have worked so hard on for us. There is nothing broken that needs your attention that we shouldn't be working on ourselves. Thanks
Maybe these people are new and don't know how to adjust the setting properly, Of all the things you quoted, I see one asking NRG to adjust the battery usage.

If the same 20 questions are asked 20 times a day, do you think maybe that person in charge of the FAQ should maybe update it to answer those same 20 questions, so that people don't ask them 20 times a day? When I started with the ROM, I followed the FAQ to the letter knowing how panties in a bunch forum regulars are about questions that have been asked a million times. The problem was that the FAQ hadn't been updated with the release so what I was trying to do didn't apply, or more accurately, wasn't in the release (the ROM update utility).

Not for nothing, but there was a day when you didn't know how to do all this too, and I'm sure you innocently asked a question that had been answered 30 times too.

So, what's a new user supposed to do? Not ask? Read through a 1200 page "support" thread? It's usually easier to ask your question, then monitor from the page you asked on. Seriously, you need to lighten up. People are here for help.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post

Keyboard Symbols Don't Work / Home Key opens Start Menu!! / Button Mappings!
  • Verizon - Install THIS CAB and Restart the phone! (Thanks Fronc for the ROM dump info)
  • Sprint/Telus - Install THIS CAB, and Restart your phone! (Thanks to banzaiwolfe for the ROM dump info)
MMS Fix
  1. First, you must Disable Manila Messaging.
  2. Then, just install the correct MMS fix:
A possible, different, better, but ---in progress--- solution can be seen HERE.

(CityID) Provisioning Network Selector appears after every Soft Reset! - If you do this before selecting anything in the Provisioning, then City ID will work
  1. Open File Explorer (Start -> Tools -> File Explorer)
  2. Navigate to \Windows\StartUp, and delete Provisioning.lnk!
Opera Mobile Fixes
  • Make Opera Mobile default and enable auto-rotation with the G-Sensor: DOWNLOAD
  • Only make Opera Mobile default: DOWNLOAD
  • Only enable auto-rotation with the G-Sensor for Opera: DOWNLOAD
Moderators

If you'd like, you can move this post to the front page, beneath NRG's posts. I manage NRG's FAQ post on the GSM thread, so I'll gladly provide the same quality FAQ's here, and it'd be great if it was right beneath NRG's posts on the first page. Your choice!
So from the FAQ your mentioning, which by the way is not maintained by NRGZ but instead by ace10134 ... so you should be asking him to update it not NRGZ. But anyways the first 4 things on the faq are Keyboard, MMS, CityID, and Opera Mobile... which are all questions that have been asked just today. I am always looking to help anyone I can which is why I have a good rep to post ratio.. Lighten up? I am the one that invented the Punch Rom game trying to get people to lighten up and have some fun. But I get tired of people complaining and asking NRGZ why his roms, unlike Mighty's and others don't last 3 weeks on a single charge and why they can't send a 20mb image or produce magic beans... getting sarcastic... It's a joke , We all know there is no cab for magic beans, but if I posted one, I am sure people would start installing it. LOL

Last edited by Riptide9; 03-06-2010 at 02:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development