PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
That should be added to "Punch Rom" LOL

Thanks ENRGZ!! Doing Great... To everyone complaining about battery life and memory issues... WTF! Do you want NRGZ to come to your house and set you phone up for you. How about taking a few moments to do some investigation like so many others have done and remember that NRGZ sets this up the way he wants it with backlight at max etc.(1st post) Have you checked your discharge rate and made adjustment accordingly? Fresh flash discharge rate is around 500ma, I have mine working at average of less than 100ma. And my memory is usually 60mb free consistantly. This rom isn't even meant for our phone but with some minor adjustments it will run fast, stable, with little to no issues. Sorry to rant but 1200+ pages and still the same questions 20 times aday (we even have a game to keep us amused at the stupid questions constantly asked. LOL ) Most issues are probably caused at the instant fix cabs people are so quick to install by the dozens instead of trying to understand why something isn't right and what should be done to fix it. ENRGZ! Keep doing what you are doing! Improving this great rom you have worked so hard on for us. There is nothing broken that needs your attention that we shouldn't be working on ourselves. Thanks

Well wait a second, there's a few stipulations to those statements. The main one being that he was giving us a rom not necessarily made for the phone. As I recall, he just got his hands on a Sprint TP2... most undoubtably a mirror image of the one sitting 1 foot in front of me. This being the case, don't you believe that people are thinking maybe this will be a better rom in the future (hard to do, I know) for the TP2 now that it's actually being built for one? I think we're more looking for info on how HE thinks his rom functions these days for daily use. I'm pretty sure an update will already be in the mix as with any chef aquiring a new toy.

Secondly, if there are so many ways to improve battery life and memory usage, why don't you just post a list of cab names... not even links, just the names, and be a hero instead of posting "it can be done" statements to make everyone spend a day reading 1500 pages to find 3 things that work, and 30 that don't?

"What be your secret kimosabe?"

Edit: Wow, you stop to eat one taco...

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-06-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:42 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Another good rule of thumb.
If you don't wanna read the whole thread when flashing, and who does.
Try at least reading from the posts that date back to the day of release, of the latest rom and read from there forward. That should help prevent duplicate questions after every release.
Quote:
As I recall, he just got his hands on a Sprint TP2... most undoubtably a mirror image of the one sitting 1 foot in front of me.
It was a Sprint TP1 that he just picked up cheap, by the way!
Not a TP2.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 03-06-2010 at 02:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Another good rule of thumb.
If you don't wanna read the whole thread when flashing, and who does.
Try at least reading from the posts that date back to the day of release, of the latest rom and read from there forward. That should help prevent duplicate questions after every release.

It was a Sprint TP1 that he just picked up cheap, by the way!
Not a TP2.
Nope, it was a TP2:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=12121
Old 03-06-2010, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Secondly, if there are so many ways to improve battery life and memory usage, why don't you just post a list of cab names... not even links, just the names, and be a hero instead of posting "it can be done" statements to make everyone spend a day reading 1500 pages to find 3 things that work, and 30 that don't?

"What be your secret kimosabe?"

Edit: Wow, you stop to eat one taco...
Uh, yea... lets see... oh yea... here is a link to a post of mine I have posted a dozen times or so in this forum alone. With cabs attached and links to other threads working on this issue.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=11211
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 03-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: sprint

jaybrad1 is a n00b

I'm a fan of the energy roms since I have my touch pro. The think is that the problems of the batery drain and memory followed these roms over the and over. I tested other roms like the malatesta roms but I found that energy has a very good taste in graphics and in general the better interface for the phones that I used.The only I want is find in this rom the better option in rom for my phone taht also serves to my professional needs. I don't want to have my charger all the time in my office to charge my phone or to remove one program to have memory to run another program, thats all. I think energy can do the fixes to do his rom the better.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:50 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

According to Twitter we are getting a tweaking.........

I am on the 3/5 Cookie 23542 and my battery life has been pretty good for the use I have put on it so far. Only thing I did was use NinjaDucks (thanks BTW) power saver cab and Service disablieng cabs to kill BT crap because I don't use any of that. Then I scaled the backlight to 40% and turned auto adjust back on. I flashed last night on full power and heavily used the device to sms, mms and left Opera open the whole time, for about 5 or 6 hours and then just a few texts off and on for another few hours, went to bed......6 hours later. I was at 30%. Not bad for what I put it through I don't think.

Thanks NRG!!

Last edited by Whotahn; 03-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:57 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
Haha! funny! Then he misspoke himself in our IM conversation.
I thought it seemd a little funny he would tell me that he just got a Sprint TP. LOL. Guess I should of read further into that. Thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

websurf is just getting started

Guys, let stop bitching and start kissing hahahahahaha

Also, I did not see anyone mention anything about DONATION in here. All you are complaining, bitching about the ROM. ENGZ doing his best to make you guys happy. Lets take a moment to think about him a little at least. He spend alot of time and update the rom every week if not days. If you don't happy with the ROM then get lost.

Last edited by websurf; 03-06-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:52 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by websurf View Post
Guys, let stop bitching and start kissing hahahahahaha

Also, I did not see anyone mention anything about DONATION in here. All you are complaining, bitching about the ROM. ENGZ doing his best to make you guys happy. Lets take a moment to think about him a little at least. He spend alot of time and update the rom every week if not days. If you don't happy with the ROM then get lost.
+1. Constructive criticism is something that gets easily turned into flat complaining and sometimes....myself included......we can lose sight of what we are realy doing by trying to express our beliefs rather than reality.

This ROM has never been known for its battery life being stellar and yet it has stayed amongst the busiest and most active thread with constant new users. WHY.....because everything else sets it apart. I have been a ROM fluze for awhile now but I always come back to NRG for the fact it is the most well put together, least generic, hottest looking and fastest running ROM out there. I can hadle change and a few things that aren't exactly as I prefer for the sake of running the best all around (for me) ROM out there.

Just my 2c on the whole wine and cheese session we are in........
Old 03-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

+1 couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes it does seem alot like complaining. But feedback is feedback, good or bad. and I think thats why NRG's roms are so good. and when people are having problems when they're running this rom where should they post them, in mightymikes thread, or juicy's maybe? lol

Last edited by shaolinsoldier79; 03-06-2010 at 05:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development