PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Does using that Lumos program help with battery life? Or hurt you in some way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
Battery performance sucks, are you forgetting this is an NRGZ ROM? lol. I keep my backlight turned down when I'm indoors to help with battery, unfortunately this is the only thing that will significantly help battery life ever... unless of course you buy an extended battery.

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 03-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
what is the page pool??
Over at Modaco.com, I found this:

Deep in the depths of the operating system of your device, there is something called the 'PagePool'. Without going into too much detail (and as I understand it!), the PagePool is a special area of memory reserved for loading apps into from ROM. This PagePool is a lot faster than ROM, so when things are executed from this 'cache' instead, the performance of a device will be quicker. On the flipside, if you have a 8MB pagepool (HTC Touch) and you're using, say, 4MB of the pagepool, then 4MB of space is wasted that could be program memory. Similarly if you have a 12MB pagepool (!) (T-Mobile Wing) in this instance you would we wasting 8MB of space!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker

to Cookie or not to Cookie - that's my question. Not really, I'm gonna Cookie, but do I want it cooked in, or add it later. I used Cookie Monster Home Tab as an addon with the 7PPC ROM and loved it. Now with Energy, I've been using the Cookie-cooked-in version, and love it. With the recent version changes, and the little issue (minor) of the Cookie editor not being the latest version in the ROM, I was just wondering ................. What does it really help to have it cooked in, or what is more stable/solid that way, or more protected or ................ ????
Old 03-06-2010, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I flashed the MaxManilla ROM this morning. I installed all of the cabs I was running on the last release (with no big issues). Everything was fine most of the day. On my way home from work, I was listening to the PPCGeeks podcast, when my wife sent me an email with a picture attached. When I tried to open it, I got an error message saying there wasn't enough memory to open the file. That I should close some programs and try again. I closed everything and still couldn't open the file. So, instead of messing around, I re-flashed the ROM. Immediately after it finished, 60% of the program memory was in use. What could cause this? should I flash back to 2.26? I've been searching the threads and I've found that 30% is high for program memory use. Does that sound about right? Does this have to do with the page pool setting cooked into the ROM?

**EDIT**

After doing more reading and research into this, I realized that even though 60% of the Program Memory is being used I still have 80mb of free program memory. From what Ive read, 60mb is about average. Does that sound right? Hasn't affected my performance so I'm happy either way. I just thought I pass it on.

Last edited by bsarlo; 03-06-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know this has been answered before but I just can't find it! How can I replace opera 10 with lets say opera 9.7 and make it the default? I do not like 10 at all!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

just reinstall the opera version that you'd like to use..
Old 03-06-2010, 11:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Dead_Cow is just getting started
Exclamation Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow View Post
I'm not sure where to post a serious problem I'm having with this ROM. Anyhow, here goes.

I have a Verizon TP2

I'm using (or rather TRYING to use) Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z

Here's my symptom:

When Data and Activesync are enabled on the phone, I can no longer dial out. I get "The Network is Busy, Please Try Again Later".

If I do not enable activesync, I can use the data and place calls fine. Once I've enabled activesync, I cannot use the phone for outbound calls until I reflash the phone. No amount of turning off the data connection and rebooting, hard resetting, etc will allow me to make calls. I should say, that for a SHORT (like MAYBE 10 minutes) after I enable activesync, I can dial out and sync the phone.

I can receive calls fine. It's like the dialer cannot properly interrupt the data connection to make the call.

Maybe unrelated, but going to wireless controls > 3G >and trying to select a band results in the error "You have an ongoing voice call and the band cannot be changed now. Please try again later". I should note that in the "Network type" there is NOTHING selected (not even auto). I can force WCDMA and then back to auto by going into airplane mode. It does not resolve my dial-out problem.

So far, to try and resolve this, I've:
  • Reflashed and reprovisioned.
  • Hard reset and reprovisioned.
  • Reinstalled the base ROM, reprovisioned, reinstalled Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z and reprovisioned
  • Reflashed, reprovisioned and tried the MRX_Verizon cab
  • Asked the phone what it's problem is
  • Cursed at the phone.
As you can see, I'm nearing wit's end.

If there's any input anyone can give me, I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to be able to call people AND use this ROM. I feel like I should create a new thread for this, but I don't know where would be best without it being ignored.
Finally figured this out. It's 10 or 11 digit dialing. If I dial 11 digits (1 + area code + number) I get that error. If I dial just area code + number, I can call out, since my contacts are linked to work, I have 1 in front of every number (my TAPI stack at work requires it).

I'd be interested to know if anyone meeting the following condition:

• Active Sync to a corporate Exchange server
  • Any of the more recent NRG roms (Feb 26th, or more recent)
can duplicate this problem. Can you dial out with 11 digits? I can't believe I'm the only one who's found this.

So now I would like to know - Where is the setting to allow 11 digit dialing, and WHY is it being disable by enabling activesync??
Old 03-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sliverr7x is keeping up the good worksliverr7x is keeping up the good work

Does anybody else notice on the 3-5 the dialer doesnt show the city and state when you call a number. Is there anyway we can get that back in or did he forget with lasted rom.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

how to fix the battery drain help please
Old 03-06-2010, 11:55 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
I know this has been answered before but I just can't find it! How can I replace opera 10 with lets say opera 9.7 and make it the default? I do not like 10 at all!
I answered this for u over at xda....I also posted the answer in here when someone else asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
how to fix the battery drain help please
Bro you have to help yourself first....battery is going to differ for each user..(depending on usage)....there are tons of battery tweaks in here and throughout the forum....trial and error....you also have to cycle the battery a few times to get a true reading...what are you discharging at?.....have you even checked battery monitor to see?......lost of stuff around search...

Last edited by flyers2114; 03-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development