PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
aaahh!! the SOD Issue, Its one of the great mysteries of the world.
Yep, it sure is.

The funny thing is, that normally I make and receive several calls a day and my phone begins to slow down. Its hit or miss on SOD's but they do happen to me. I usually SR every couple days and that will in general prevent them for me.

This week has been a bit unusual for me as I haven't made or received a single call until today. I've mostly been texting, using data, listening to music via my BT headphones, playing teeter and solitair and uploading pics and updates to my FB page. But no calls. Phone has been behaving outstanding and I have even gone three days without charging (was down to 40% after 3 days and plugged in).

Today, with no programs running in memory, I get a phone call shortly followed by a SOD. Quite puzzling.

I have been using the stock sprint radio (latest from the current WM 6.5 sprint ROM) and the stock dialer that comes with MR. I have a program called PhonEX that disables the WM dialer which I haven't used since my TP1, that will allow you to disable the WM dialer. I thing I may load it up and see what happens. I really wonder (holds up flaming arrow shield) if this is a WM dialer issue combined with (as others have mentioned) a specific hardware revision.

David
Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

UGGGGHHHHH!!!

Enough with the SOD issue...there is a thread for it...this happens every so often on quite a few phones...alot of times it is the user installing older programs that were never updated for there phone...other times it is something running in the background that is basically overloading your phone...I personally have had issues with it here and there...but I just deal with it because I know its going to happen...what I do is find a setup that works for me and stick to it...I don't go cab happy and install loads of crap that could possibly mess something up...

Also with refurbished phones....lol...most refurbished phones are phones sent back within 30 days of the original person who bought it...and a lot of times they use up the old hardware laying around before they move to new parts...just my observation as an at&t Retentions Agent...
Old 06-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
UGGGGHHHHH!!!

Enough with the SOD issue...there is a thread for it...this happens every so often on quite a few phones...alot of times it is the user installing older programs that were never updated for there phone...other times it is something running in the background that is basically overloading your phone...I personally have had issues with it here and there...but I just deal with it because I know its going to happen...what I do is find a setup that works for me and stick to it...I don't go cab happy and install loads of crap that could possibly mess something up...

Also with refurbished phones....lol...most refurbished phones are phones sent back within 30 days of the original person who bought it...and a lot of times they use up the old hardware laying around before they move to new parts...just my observation as an at&t Retentions Agent...
Yep, I completely understand, in fact, I did quite a bit of searching about the SOD lately and find quite a few threads that have gone way OT. SInce the MR thread is pretty much the only one I read here with any regularity, and there are quite a few very knowlegable posters here, I thought I'd throw out my experience and see waht happens.
IMHO, there has not been much relevant MR discussion here the last several days anyway.
Forgive me for going astray.

Edit: Not wanting to muddy the waters, I took my discussion here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...32#post1809232

david

Last edited by DaveTN; 06-11-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

has anyone heard from the mouse?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor

I installed the FF build and it seems the phone will automatically lock when the phone goes to 'sleep'. anyways, that's the behavior I like but I would still like to know how I can disable it so it wont auto lock?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Laying low in smoke

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

did you install any third party lock program? Does it ask you for a numeric code before unlocking?

if you installed a third party lock program, just uninstall it.

if it asks you for a code, then go to start/ settings/ Lock and disable it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775 View Post
I installed the FF build and it seems the phone will automatically lock when the phone goes to 'sleep'. anyways, that's the behavior I like but I would still like to know how I can disable it so it wont auto lock?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
did you install any third party lock program? Does it ask you for a numeric code before unlocking?

if you installed a third party lock program, just uninstall it.

if it asks you for a code, then go to start/ settings/ Lock and disable it.
I installed S2U2 but realized that I had to unlock twice cause of the built in lock. I installed it cause I'd rather use the WM lock.

no code either.

I did try to install a different lock program to see if I can disable it that way but didnt seem to have an effect so I uninstalled it.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Laying low in smoke

Then uninstall S2U2.

Quote:
I installed S2U2 but realized that I had to unlock twice cause of the built in lock. I installed it cause I'd rather use the WM lock.

no code either.

I did try to install a different lock program to see if I can disable it that way but didnt seem to have an effect so I uninstalled it.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Then uninstall S2U2.
I already did. I meant to say..."I uninstalled it cause I'd rather use the WM lock."

but I still want to be able to disable the built in auto locking.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Laying low in smoke

did you go to start/ settings / Lock and see if it is checked?

also look into your installation cabs and make sure you did not install Lock Device.

One more thing, if you installed Cookies CHT that one has a lock device in it. Make sure you did not activate that.

Quote:
I already did. I meant to say..."I uninstalled it cause I'd rather use the WM lock."

but I still want to be able to disable the built in auto locking.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2