PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
your links do not want to work right...

Here is a better link
http://cid-1977f41bf211f2f1.skydrive...20Stuff/Themes
Hmm the direct links work for me. It brings it up then you hit download in the top left. I will add the link to the folder as well though.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Old 05-05-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to microdot

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcq10 View Post
Want to add my experience to the mix..

I've been using Microsoft My Phone for Syncing since it was made available to our phones.. Specifically, I sink all of the following.. ALL the time:
-Current Location
-Contacts
-Tasks
-Text Messages <--- YES, I sync Text's....
-Browser Favorites
-Photos (very few)
-Documents (very few)

I can say that I, personally, have never had any issues backing up Text Messages using MS My Phone. I was even up to 800 Message to Sync at one point.. still no problems (just took a while to sync).

Since then, I've used the myphone.microsoft.com website to clean out old messages, and now I hover in the 150-200 range before cleaning out a few more days of old messages (reverse sort by date, then Archive them online).

Now, this is not to say that others are not correct.... some people may have experienced issues... I'm just reporting that my own experience has been GREAT syncing the above items.

On the same note, I do not use MyPhone to sync Calendar... only because I use GoogleSync for Calendar and Email.

As for SPB Backup.. My Mom has it saving a Backup every day. We "know" that the full backup cannot be used to upgrade to a new ROM. But, we still want some level of "full system backup" for her, since her Calendar/Contacts/etc are of utmost important to her daily life.

For her situation, we only use SPB Backup as a "failsafe" against any catastrophic failure...

In certain times, we have been able to do a "Custom" Restore within SPB Backup... and have UNchecked all items except for the PIM information. We then restore the PIM data ONLY, and have not have any problems.
Then, if we realize that we forgot to backup any other files/etc.. we simply launch the SPB Restore again, and traverse the Folder listing and restore ONLY specific folders that we missed.. (NEVER the entire SPB Backup).

For reference, my personal methodology is:

Backup:
- Sync with MS My Phone (Contacts, Texts, etc)
- Run Sashimi Full Backup (grabs current Reg keys and current Files from file system, as defined in "regexport.ini" and "filebackup.ini", respectively)
- Use KeepMyTones for the "Notification" sounds only (individual people's ringer settings are backed up in MS My Phone from above)
- Update CAB Versions in "Sashimi/Auto/CAB" for any thing that has been updated since last ROM update.
- Use CHTEditor to Export CHT settings to a file on Storage Card.

Update:
- TASK29.exe (post #6) (hold down Volume when it hits 100%, keep holding down until you see the tri-color boot screen)
- Latest Mighty ROM.

Restore:
- Run Sashimi AUTO (CABs, Registry files, and Root Folders)
- Sync with MS My Phone
- Configure ActiveSync for my GoogleSync (Email, Calendar)
- KeepMyTones - Restore the Notifications Sounds (txt ringer, vm ringer)
- Import CHT Settings file into CHT Editor.

With this, I'm back to 99% what I was before (the rest is just answering the stupid questions that Apps pose you with during their first run, "Do you accept data charges?".. etc)

Sounds like a lot.. but is much better than using 2 days to "remember" what things you had set before...
I have been having major system crashed over the last 2 days. I was finally able to run task29 this morning and flashed SE. So far i have only backup contacts from spb backup. I am trying to avoid another issue. Would it cause issues if i download the cabs that are still on my sd card, like cookies home tab and cht editor or am i better of to delete everything of my sd card and literally download them again and then installing?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

JustDavid is keeping up the good workJustDavid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to JustDavid Send a message via MSN to JustDavid Send a message via Yahoo to JustDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
I have been having major system crashed over the last 2 days. I was finally able to run task29 this morning and flashed SE. So far i have only backup contacts from spb backup. I am trying to avoid another issue. Would it cause issues if i download the cabs that are still on my sd card, like cookies home tab and cht editor or am i better of to delete everything of my sd card and literally download them again and then installing?
The cabs and other files you have on your SD Card should be fine. You should not have to download them again unless you think they might be corrupt.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

Legmce is a n00b

This is going to sound like I haven't paid attention to anything over the past 50 pages...but I have...

I'm having the same problem with running task 29 and having the error 240 come up.... also seem to be having issues with putting the phone in bootloader...

I have done the following... restarted cpu, closed all files on phone, unlocked phone, take out phone battery...etc..etc...

Help Please!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legmce View Post
This is going to sound like I haven't paid attention to anything over the past 50 pages...but I have...

I'm having the same problem with running task 29 and having the error 240 come up.... also seem to be having issues with putting the phone in bootloader...

I have done the following... restarted cpu, closed all files on phone, unlocked phone, take out phone battery...etc..etc...

Help Please!
Do you have another computer to try it on?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JustDavid is keeping up the good workJustDavid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to JustDavid Send a message via MSN to JustDavid Send a message via Yahoo to JustDavid

Quote:

Help Please!
Unrar the file attached to this reply, and put it in the root of your SD Card. Then with your phone attached to the USB cable and connected to Activesync/WMDC, run the program on your phone from the SD Card. This will put your phone in the tri-colored bootloader mode and you should then be able to flash.
Attached Files
File Type: rar EnterBootloader.rar (4.3 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by JustDavid; 05-05-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Corrected typo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

Help Please!
If I were facing something like this.. I'd follow this path:

- re-download Task29.exe... doesn't hurt.. just to make sure that it's not something odd with the version you've got downloaded. (see post #6 from this thread.. it's the best/easiest).

- Delete all paired phones from Active Sync, let your phone re-establish new connection.

- Maybe Re-install ACtiveSync??

- Perform a HardReset on the phone... maybe something is hosed up and a hard-reset might help resolve that.

- try Task29 from a different PC..

- Make sure that when you run Task29, that there are no pop-up's on the phone waiting for you to do somethiing.. (when running ROM Update Utility on a Stock ROM, you usually have to answer a few questions to allow RUU to do what it needs to do).

... again, no guarantees on anything, since I really don't know what the Error 240 is. The above is just things that come to mind when I think how I would try to get to the bottom of this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druu View Post
I've had the keyboard thing happen for a while, but I believe it has to do with using S2U2 and S2P, do you guys use either of those? It also seems to break the hardware phone button as well.

Nope, I dont use either of them.

David
Old 05-05-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kronik420 is just getting started

Everything was running great with this rom all the way up until today and know I'm getting sod at least 5 today. I did the task 29 installed cleared storage did the flash dance. I'm trying a different radio now but the sod issue is killing me. I never had the issue with 2.1 only 2.5 I also read something about htcservices.dll might be causing it I think ziggy had a post about it. Anybody try that solution thank you.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kronik420 is just getting started

whenever you send a text message and click on new when you type in the persons name to text it to it won't come up. It will only come up after you delete one are 2 letter of the name then it will give you the choices any fix for that issue thanx.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2